Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:14:09 AM EDT

Just watched it for the first time since I saw it in the theater.

A great role for Benicio Del Toro. A cool, quiet, deadly mother f*cker. His eyes are his biggest attribute.

Such a cool movie, even though toward the end there were a few parts that were a little out there... mainly the quick fabrication of a razor sharp knife AND setting a trap with two logs (with spikes sticking out of them) suspended from trees. Man, that guy can work fast as hell. All this in the matter of what... ten minutes? If you add the deleted scene of the "boulder trap" it make it even more ridiculous. But putting those typical Hollywood additions to an otherwise cool movie, I'd say this flick was definitely worth checking out. I only wish this character could have been used in a series of movie. I'd love to see Aaron Hallam on some of his other kill-missions.

The  knife fighting was pretty cool

Both Aaron and L.T. use a form of martial arts called Sayoc Kali which is mostly knife fighting, and originated in the Philippines.

The knife he had was pretty cool as well.

The knife used by Hallam (Benicio Del Toro) throughout most of the movie is a Beck Wilderness Survival Knife, designed by Tom Brown (a tracker/survival expert who was a technical advisor on this feature) and constructed by David Beck.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
After I saw it in the theater I ran home to find out where I could buy that knife.  But after I found out it was $300 I said No Thanks

It was a good movie.  Not much dialog which some could find as a good or a bad thing.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it, thought it was alright.  The knife fighting parts seem a bit sketchy, even for Kali....haven't looked up sayoc, though.   Will have to watch it again and see.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i thought it was a good movie. tommy lee got the shit cut out of him at the end and he was still good to go.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Look into Sayoc Kali. And Do not use "The Hunted" as your main source of info. A lot of the fighting was slightly tweaked from the real thing.

www.sayoc.com

Yes Tommy Lee Jones would have been dead after the first few seconds. One, with that hole in his leg he wouldn't be moving very fast. Two, the cut BDT made on the beck of his hand would have made it useless. And three, it it was a real fight BDT would have made many more cuts after the first untill TLJ was dead.

But that was have been really boring to have the fight end so quickly, very realistic, but still pretty boring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top