Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/20/2005 4:02:00 AM EDT
Just got the latest issue of American Handgunner.  Page 27 shows R. Lee Ermey wearing a Glock shirt and hat and holding a Glock pistol.  Is nothing sacred?  What self-respecting Jarhead would peddle Glocks, for pete's sake?  I'll bet JMB is pissed.

(Same issue, page 51, center of page -- hubba, hubba)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
GunWares,

I thought the same damn thing when I saw him at the SHOT show in Vegas at the Glock Booth. I at least thought he would be at the Springfield booth. Somethings not right about that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]

He kissed a guy in a movie.  I think he has a pretty strong mercenary bent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still not going to own a Gl..... just can't bring myself to say the word.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 I'll bet JMB is pissed.

I bet JMB is saying "Geez folks, if you want religion, pick up a Bible. I ONLY made a gun, which has been surpassed in technology for some 30 years now."

(which is NOT to say I'm a glock fan)

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The Gunny's been a Glock spokesman since at least fall of 2004, I saw him at an Army convention manning the Glock booth and signing 8x10 glossies for anyone willing to wait in line.

Quoted:

His comment on that scene was that $100k bought a hell of a lot of mouthwash.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
He had a Glock Rep on his History Channel show showing off the full auto glock among others.   Shouldn't be a suprise.

Kent
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup, Gy. Jumped the shark a long time ago when he queered out in a movie.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

For real, they fail like, 10x more than 1911's.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He had a Glock Rep on his History Channel show showing off the full auto glock among others.   Shouldn't be a suprise.

Kent

I dare say their ain't a 1911 religionist alive that would NOT take a FA Glock if one was offerred them.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
So he's pimpin' the best semi-auto on the market.
What's the problem?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
i am just glad he's not pimpin' for Colt  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe he thinks GLOCKs are an excellent weapon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Pffft..
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Nothing wrong with Glocks.  I have 2 and I also have 1911s, neither of my glocks have ever jammed or failed even when filthy.  The 1911s on the other hand have.  They aren't clunkers by any means but the glocks are 100%.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Or H&K

(trollin' trollin' trollin'....keep them posts a trollin...)

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't see anything wrong with the Gunny giving Glock some recognition. They are good pistols, and so are 1911s. I have owned both (naturally), and I would bet many of us here would do the same thing if we were in his position, provided it was a weapon we had confidence in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Some people can shoot them and some people can't, and it always seems the people who can't bash them.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Some people can shoot them and some people can't, and it always seems the people who can't bash them.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/c3f3f85a.jpg

ooooooooRAH!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw him at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas and also the NRA Convention in Houston, in the Glock booth.  

There were lines about 200 feet long to shake his hand and get a picture and an autograph.  He seemed to be a great guy.

And if Glock would pay me the bucks they pay him, I'd be a willing hand-shaker too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I heard he did it for free.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I can tell, it was just a movie stunt with CGI and stuff like that..............

Ask the Gloffies - they've got pics where he "came out" () against TRG!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mys friends wifes, sisters, boyfriends, sisters, grandpas, brothers, cousins, sons, girlfriends, make up artists said he donated the money to peta.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey, I'm a jarhead with a Glock. Actually 2 of them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yup, Gy. Jumped the shark a long time ago when he queered out in a movie.

Indeed.  He NEVER should have done that - it ruins his whole image.  

Your post also reminds me of a new thread I've been meaning to post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Nah I just don't like glocks, they don't feel right in the hand. But thats just me. Glocks suck, even though I shot one better than I shoot  most pistols(but still not better than my Baby Eagle). Just not comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#27]
To each his own.
I'm a 1911 fan personally, but Glock makes a good pistol.
It's hard to argue with their reliability.
The Gunny is still tops in my book, it's not like he's peddling Hi-Points.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Oh, I wish he was!!!  That'd be sweet!!!!  Can you imagine how long THAT thread would go for!!!!  Colt really missed the boat on that one.

As it is, the Glock is an excellent pistol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I got 2 autographed pics from Gunny at the NRA convention, (1 for me 1 for my daughter)
They are pics of him holding a glock with glock shirt and hat.
But he also autographed my copy of Mail Call.

He is the poster boy for Glock at their shows, I have no problem with it.
Man has to make a living

ETA Not a glock fan at all, I prefer my Sig
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I am not a Glock fan, but hell they are reliable and if they fit your hand then they are a good gun.  I may own a glock one of these days, but right now I really like my Sig
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horseshit. Not one of my 4 Glocks has EVER had a FTF, FTE, FTRTB, etc. etc. etc. I've never owned a 1911 that I DIDN'T have to tweak in one way or another.......give it 500 rounds to break in, yadda yadda.......check the extracter, yadda yadda.........get a different recoil spring, yadda yadda yadda......switch out the hammer/bob it so it don't bite, more yadda, no yoda......use different ammo, lots of yadda, zero yoda....etc. etc. etc.........OOOOPS, that darn bushing is not quite up to snuff, yoda cries at this point.........If you don't use these 30 dollar Wilson mags you'll go to hell!!!!!!!!

Loyalty is a wonderful thing.....especially when it's pronounced....SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#33]
I will take my G20 over my Custom Colt  1911 any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#35]
My 4 Glocks have always worked, every time, through 30,000 rounds. My Kimber is lucky to get through a box of ammo without a FTF or FTE.

Glocks may not fit you, or just may not be your thing, but that does not mean they are shit guns.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Well, from the looks of that poster I would say the Gysgt don't know much about pistol shooting fundamentals.  Gunny, lean into that thing like you mean it!  "Tea Cuppin" the grip!  Both thumbs forward Gunny!    
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

FMJ reunion, Gunny and Pvt. Pile

"What the hell is your disfunction Pvt. Pile, did your momma drop you on your head?"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My 4 Glocks have always worked, every time, through 30,000 rounds. My Kimber is lucky to get through a box of ammo without a FTF or FTE.

Glocks may not fit you, or just may not be your thing, but that does not mean they are shit guns.

Hey, Glocks are sweet guns, but I hate the trigger...gimme a crisp 1911 SA trigger any day!

If your Kimber has that many FTFs or FTEs, then there is something wrong with it...I have a Kimber and I have put THOUSANDS of rounds through it...it runs FLAWLESSLY...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Would we be having this conversation if Colt, Springfield, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, or another "American" firearm company thought to ask Gunny before Glock did?
I think it's a great P.R. move by Glock.
Glock's a good gun, not my favorite, but a good gun (Sig man here, despite moniker).
Glock seems to be the easiest gun to knock, love it or hate it tend to be the only choices.
How about if another, "foreign" firearm company,like HK, CZ, Sig, etc., had hired Gunny?
Would we still be calling him a "sell-out"?
To be honest, I would've felt a little better if an American company had hired him, but I've gotta give credit to Glock. Smart move, IMO.

(flame away...)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horseshit. Not one of my 4 Glocks has EVER had a FTF, FTE, FTRTB, etc. etc. etc. I've never owned a 1911 that I DIDN'T have to tweak in one way or another.......give it 500 rounds to break in, yadda yadda.......check the extracter, yadda yadda.........get a different recoil spring, yadda yadda yadda......switch out the hammer/bob it so it don't bite, more yadda, no yoda......use different ammo, lots of yadda, zero yoda....etc. etc. etc.........OOOOPS, that darn bushing is not quite up to snuff, yoda cries at this point.........If you don't use these 30 dollar Wilson mags you'll go to hell!!!!!!!!

Loyalty is a wonderful thing.....especially when it's pronounced....SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Did you not see my retard smiley at the end? I was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't see what the big hubbub is about.  Yes he was/is a marine,  but he is earning money as an actor/personality.  Whatever brings in money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GET OFF THE CRACK !!!!

Take a GLOCK right out the box and you are good to go !!!!

You need to spend money on 1911 to just to make them run !!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nothing wrong with Glocks.  I have 2 and I also have 1911s, neither of my glocks have ever jammed or failed even when filthy.  The 1911s on the other hand have.  They aren't clunkers by any means but the glocks are 100%.

-Nuke

And you can always pull the pin and throw your Gloc(Kboom) at a perp...

SG
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#44]
If I was famous and Glock wanted to pay me I'd do it. Money is money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If your Kimber has that many FTFs or FTEs, then there is something wrong with it...I have a Kimber and I have put THOUSANDS of rounds through it...it runs FLAWLESSLY...

+1
I have two and both have run 100% out of the box, and eat any kind of ammo, crap to caviar, no sweat. And I don't worry about the fucking things blowing up in my hand, either....

SG
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Nuke

SG

Or PULL THE DICK OUT YOUR ASS TO KNOW YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Nuke

SG

Or PULL THE DICK OUT YOUR ASS TO KNOW YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!!

Wow. You think that up all by yourself?

What an intellectual giant you are. I mean, I have a potty-mouthed ten year old neighbor who results to such insults when he can't come up with any rational argument, too. Yo'd probabaly get along with him.

Of course, you did by a Gloc(KBoom), so your powers of judgemnt are obviously off anyway.

I love getting you Tupperware Turd Owners all in a tizzy by suggesting to you tennifer sniffers that your Plastic Popguns are anything but "Perfection".

You may keep your Polymer Princesses.

Hope you get to keep all your fingers when it Kb's too.

SG

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack...I'm through with him....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#49]
VTHOKIESHOOTER:
It's "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
Best movie ever.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
VTHOKIESHOOTER:
It's "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
Best movie ever.

Damn!  I can't get it straight so save my life!  My first error was not spelling Wales right, now this.

I should just change my sig line.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top