Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 12:07:52 AM EDT
Ok, here's the rules.

I'll tell you my great idea. You post yours. Wanna ridicule my idea? That's ok...actually encouraged, but the rule is you gotta post an idea. Can't be making fun of someone's great idea unless you have one too. If you post without posting a great idea, you will be confirming to me, and the world, that you're a retard with no reading comprehension. Capeche?

Ok, here's my great idea.

Modular trucks. Why not? We have alot of industries where proprietary structure is frowned upon. Computers, 1911's, etc. Why not pickem up trucks?

Think about it. You buy the frame and drivetrain from a company...Chevy or Ford. It's a ladder frame, maybe an engine, maybe the completed truck....who knows. But, it conforms to an ISO standard or industry consortium thing that dictates body mounting points, strength, engine mounts, ect.

Now, you're free to add on, change, modify, upgrade or strip as you see fit. It opens up the entire automotive industry and creates business for the big guys, and for the little guys. And, most importantly, fuels innovation. Look at PC's for ample evidence of this. Look at what you can do with an ATX case for god's sake....now think of the possibilities with a truck. Want a diesel? Done. Want a quick-change bed system? Done. Want a hybrid motor? Done. Want a polymer-resin, never-rust body? Done.

Some people, just like with PC's, might not want or need all that customability, so maybe like with Dell in computers, they buy a pre-made truck in a package they desire, and it's done. But, the scalability of the modular truck lends itself to ease of manufacture on the custom level, so it's good for the big guys too. Even a small business could make trucks, tho they wouldn't need to compete with the big shots. That's how computers work, and 1911's for that matter. No two trucks would be the same, yet all would be undeniably the same product.

I know the reasons it won't happen, but damn it's a good idea yes?

Ok, next!!! Let's hear your brainchild.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I GOT ONE!

i'd build a truck that had only one configuration, so that if the customer wanted to do something different with it, he'd need to drop another 30K.

sorry

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Prismed side-view mirrors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They've been done....but it's a good idea obviously.

Following my own rules, I have to post another good idea don't I?

Hmmmm.....how about a mini-CCD camera mounted in the end of a dildo, surrounded by LED lights? The Dildo-Cam!!!!

Was just sitting here looking at mini lighted cameras in a catalog and it hit me. Where is a dark, tight place people would want to have film of if they could get in there? Yeah, I know, but it's like 4am and I'm really groggy.

Ok, next.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
A temperature controlled beer picture.  For those hot days spent on the deck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Dildo-Cam!!!!

It's been done,
Trust me stay away from it not sexy in the least. But I wouldn't know.

Hmm, okay I GOT it. Freaking sharks with laser beams.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
ok so heres the deal you build a robot that looks like tom cruise and you transfer your brain into the robots hard drive then you get tons of pie

literally, tons.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ok so heres the deal you build a robot that looks like tom cruise and you transfer your brain into the robots hard drive then you get tons of pie

literally, tons.

Tons is a lot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Dildo-Cam!!!!

It's been done,
Trust me stay away from it not sexy in the least. But I wouldn't know.

i would.

[brando]  the horror....the horror  [/brando]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, didn't take long for the comments to start flying without posting an idea. Retards up!!!

Ok, one more brilliant idea (since I know how to follow a simple rule).

Since the Dildo Cam is taken, how about a super condom? (guess what's on my mind this evening?).

You basically have a sleeved latex condom, with 3 or 4 individual chambers that go around the condom (like inner tubes, but all connected to form the condom). Inside each chamber, a latex ring that floats inside the chamber. When you put any pressure on the inside or outside of the chamber, the little latex ring would wiggle. Basically, it would create undulating waves while being used.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I could make some super fast shoes and they'd have little wings on them to show how fast they go.  I could sell them to racers who race wearing shoes and the ones who wore my shoes would win because my shoes would make them run around times5 or times6.  Then I'd sell for a lot more money the ones that would make them run around times 9 for the ones who really really wanted to win the races for a lot more money.  I'd make some that could go times 10 for me in case I needed to use them to run really really fast and I didn't want anyone to be able to run as fast as me.  Is that a good idea daddy?

From my 5 year old a few weeks ago.

Somehow I thought this great idea thread would be a good place to post it.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I thought of something similiar, being able to flip the side mirrors like you do a rear view mirror when someone has high  headlights on their vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top