Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 7:21:34 AM EDT
So yesterday I ordered something online, shipped FedEx Priority Overnight (next business morning).

The FedEx truck was just here, and while the FedEx guy had to walk all the way up to my front door, and drop off the package, apparently he didn't feel the need to ring my doorbell to let me know.  Because it's not like I might have been WAITING for something shipped next morning priority overnight right?  

Idiot.  If I hadn't caught a glimpse of the FedEx truck out of the corner of my eye, I would not have known that he had already been here and dropped it off.

(Fortunately, it's not something I was actually waiting for with any real urgency - but I'm just amazed he didn't bother to ring the doorbell - especially when the box is clearly marked "Priority Overnight")
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Ain't "Methadone Tuesday" a bitch!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So yesterday I ordered something online, shipped FedEx Priority Overnight (next business morning).

The FedEx truck was just here, and while the FedEx guy had to walk all the way up to my front door, and drop off the package, apparently he didn't feel the need to ring my doorbell to let me know.  Because it's not like I might have been WAITING for something shipped next morning priority overnight right?  

Idiot.  If I hadn't caught a glimpse of the FedEx truck out of the corner of my eye, I would not have known that he had already been here and dropped it off.

(Fortunately, it's not something I was actually waiting for with any real urgency - but I'm just amazed he didn't bother to ring the doorbell - especially when the box is clearly marked "Priority Overnight")

Were the new shoes oak, cherry or walnut?

SBG
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Were the new shoes oak, cherry or walnut?

SBG

These are black tie fancy lacquer!  

PS: You bastard!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
As I sit waiting for the FedEx goober, I share your pain.

There must be some benefit to a failed delivery attempts. No extra packages the next day or something.

They seriously have me wanting to invest in a camera system to capture one on film. I don't think they actually knock at all most times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As I sit waiting for the FedEx goober, I share your pain.

There must be some benefit to a failed delivery attempts. No extra packages the next day or something.

They seriously have me wanting to invest in a camera system to capture one on film. I don't think they actually knock at all most times.

He actually LEFT the box, so he did deliver it - I just don't understand why he didn't ring the doorbell to let me know - in case I was urgently needing it.

Sorry - I guess that was unclear in my post

Hope your guy arrives soon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother in law is a  FedEx delivery guy. He says they time the amount of time the driver is out at a given location..maybe your guy was running late and trying to make up some seconds?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
They probably figure if it's that urgent, you'll be checking the door every 5 minutes anyway to see if you missed 'em.  :)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Gotchya beat.
I was expecting some ammo. I thought it seemed to be a few days late so I had been keeping an eye out for it.
So I finally found my tracking number which I had lost.
Checked the status....Delivered 9:20. It was 10:15. What the hell?! I didnt hear any knock....

Go peek outside, theres 2 cases of ammo.

Fuckin UPS man.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My brother in law is a  FedEx delivery guy. He says they time the amount of time the driver is out at a given location..maybe your guy was running late and trying to make up some seconds?

I guess it's possible - I just don't see how many seconds he saved by not pressing the doorbell button.  I'm not saying he should have waited for me to open the door or anything (I certainly don't expect that when a signature isn't required) - but he had time to place the package neatly centered on my welcome mat.  

I'm more befuddled by it than pissed off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
UPS will leave packages on the front porch and not bother knocking. USPS will drive to the back of the house and knock on the back door to give us the package.

UPS also piss me off because the ones around here drive like there's nobody else on the road.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ain't "Methadone Tuesday" a bitch!

Funny you say that - I can see a methadone clinic from my office window.  You wouldn't believe the things we've seen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Gotchya beat.
I was expecting some ammo. I thought it seemed to be a few days late so I had been keeping an eye out for it.
Checked the status....Delivered 9:20. It was 10:15. What the hell?! I didnt hear any knock....

Fuckin UPS man.

Yeah those tracking numbers rock. I should know I usally check the delivery time then sit on the porch cleaning my rifle when he comes..  He figured it out after the third time that I probablly wasn't going to shoot him and he handed me the package instead of kicking it out the door then spinning tires on his exit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I once ordered about 8000 rounds of ammo( in various big calibers) and since I was in a hurry, I ordered it COD.  The UPS guys shows up to the house in the afternoon a few days later.  I was not there, but the wife said this guy had no dolly and he hand lugged all those heavy boxes to the door.  The wife said I wouldn't be home till late and she didn't have the money.  She said the poor guy was sweating his butt off hauling all those heavy boxes back to the truck. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, but geeez...carry a frickin' dolly or go to the door first.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I once ordered about 8000 rounds of ammo( in various big calibers) and since I was in a hurry, I ordered it COD.  The UPS guys shows up to the house in the afternoon a few days later.  I was not there, but the wife said this guy had no dolly and he hand lugged all those heavy boxes to the door.  The wife said I wouldn't be home till late and she didn't have the money.  She said the poor guy was sweating his butt off hauling all those heavy boxes back to the truck. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, but geeez...carry a frickin' dolly or go to the door first.

if you knew it was comming in, why didnt you leave the $$ with the wife?

1st rule of college: if you order pizza, make sure that the money to pay the delivery guy is in the hand of whoever will be meeting the delivery guy!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#15]
They are paid by the mile, and like $1.50 per package. Faster he goes the more he makes in less time. They buy their own truck too. That said thought he could of just rang it then left, you would come down to see the package by the door.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#16]
FedEx dude knocked on my door at 8:30 this morning...  New monitor is set up and workin fine.

(got a refurb monitor last week since they gave employees 20% off... but the monitor would shut itself off and not come back on... called Sunday night, got an exchange set up, part shipped yesterday and got here this morning.  w00t!)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1st rule of college: if you order pizza, make sure that the money to pay the delivery guy is in the hand of whoever will be meeting the delivery guy!

For years I had the same UPS guy that serviced my neighborhood and he knew me.  He would only come by after 4:30.  Apparently he was sick that day and I had the money in my pocket cause I knew it was coming in that day.  Just a bad coincidents................besides, I'm not leavin' no cash with my wife! (I'd come home to a closet full of shoes)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
besides, I'm not leavin' no cash with my wife! (I'd come home to a closet full of shoes)

Sounds like trust issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They are paid by the mile, and like $1.50 per package. Faster he goes the more he makes in less time. They buy their own truck too. That said thought he could of just rang it then left, you would come down to see the package by the door.

FedEx Home Delivery operates that way, but I don't think the express guys are paid that way. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first rule in college was,

DO NOT PUT YOUR BEER, PIZZA , OR AMMO MONEY IN ANYONE ELSES HANDS....OR IT SUDDENLY BECOMES THIER BEER, PIZZA, AMMO MONEY.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#21]
This is funny because we had to put a note on our front door saying not to ring the doorbell unless the package requires a signature.  From time to time they still ring it.   I get home from work at 4 in the morning the last thing I want to hear is the door bell ringing and the dogs going nuts only to see the truck just pulling out of the driveway a few hours after I get to sleep.    They have been delivering a little later now so its not really an issue anymore.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This is funny because we had to put a note on our front door saying not to ring the doorbell unless the package requires a signature.  From time to time they still ring it.   I get home from work at 4 in the morning the last thing I want to hear is the door bell ringing and the dogs going nuts only to see the truck just pulling out of the driveway a few hours after I get to sleep.    They have been delivering a little later now so its not really an issue anymore.  

That had never occured to me - that some people might not like their doorbell rung.  Interesting point.

Maybe he was trying to be nice, for some reason that I don't know, but could be genuine.  

In my wife's house, one of the cats invariably frantically charges upstairs and runs under the bed when the doorbell rings.  (I go outside a lot just to ring the doorbell - that fat cat needs the exercise!  )
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
In my wife's house, one of the cats invariably frantically charges upstairs and runs under the bed when the doorbell rings.  (I go outside a lot just to ring the doorbell - that fat cat needs the exercise!  )

You are an evil, EVIL man.

ETA:

My last cat would go into full automatic attack mode if you panted like a dog in front of it.  I mean leap at your face, claw your arms and legs full fangs out attack.  You could see it just drop into zombie mode as soon as you started up.

Stop and in seconds she'd be back rubbing your legs or wanting to be petted.

Yes, cats are insane, just like their owners.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are an evil, EVIL man.

But it's so much easier than getting one to stay on a treadmill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I almost got into a head on collision with my Fed Ex guy last year. Got a call that the package I had been waiting for had just arrived, first M1 from the CMP. I took off to go and oogle my new toy, 1/2mile between the shop and home on a dirt road, and got to the somewhat blind turn from our private road to the county road and here comes the big white truck going just as fast as I was. We both had to slam on the brakes and missed each other by a few feet. He didn't have a very happy look on his face
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#26]
My FedEx guy left 8# of Varget and 2000 CCI primers on my porch. When I got home for lunch I didn't see it, but there was a slip of paper in the door. RATS, now I have to go somewhere and sign for it! Nope- it was a pest control come on. The goods were in the corner out of sight.

Then the UPS guy dropped off some Mountain Home stuff (40% off see the Survival Forum) and he rang the bell. Somedays things manage to go right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Gotchya beat.

Fuckin UPS man.

And I’ve got YOU beat.

A couple of years ago I ordered a couple cases of pistol ammo.  Damned UPS driver left the ammo on a house three doors away.  They (the homeowners) called me up so I could collect the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
besides, I'm not leavin' no cash with my wife! (I'd come home to a closet full of shoes)

or Wisdom
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't know if this matters to any one, but my Brother used to work for Fed-Ex. He said that the ENTIRE company is filled with penis hating lesbians. Even though,IIRC, the comapny was started by ex-military folks.

He claims that straight, heterosexual, white males have little to no chance of making it into upper echelon positions.

This is second hand info, not sure of validity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh, and get this.

When my Brother's Coast Guard Reserve Unit was activatd after 911, ALL of the other companies that employed USCG Reserve members automatically started to pay the difference between what they made at their civilain job and what they would make as an active duty USCG member.

ALL........except for Fed-ex.

This I know for a fact. I saw the letter they sent him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or Wisdom

If you can't trust your mate with your finances, why are you with them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top