Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2002 11:31:49 AM EDT
What is up with the Democrats trying to blame President Bush with knowing that 9/11 would occur?  Previously people who hijacked airlines wanted to go somewhere for free to escape whatever.  Previously if someone said that someone was going to hijack an airline and crash it into the Twin Towers they would anyone take them seriously?  I think not.  That's why the first 3 planes had no problems hitting their targets.  No one in the US could imagine such a horrible plan could be carried out.  When the passangers in the forth plane found out that the three other planes hit, THEN they reacted.  Before 9/11 a bomb threat would have gotten a blurb on the 11:00 o'clock news.  Now there would be cameras watching live, preempting the Superbowl.

"Shoulda done this, Shoulda done that."  It's easy to say now.  I say focus, on the problem at hand, not try and find blame for something that already happened.  The last thing we need is division in this country as was evident in Vietnam.

I'd also who in there right mind voted for Hillary, the idiot leading this campaign against Bush.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If they want to blame somebody, how about blaming Slick Willy for worrying more about getting his johnson polished than he did about dealing with the people and circumstances that led up to 9/11?? After all, to him, his popularity is more important than the victims. [pissed]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Vinnie,

You had to know this was coming.... Bush has been doing so much better than anyone ever anticipated (myself included) that the Democrats are going to be looking to shed whatever negative light possible to lay the groundwork for the next election.  As it stands right now, Bush would get re-elected in a landslide.  

I'd find it really interesting to go back further... like to Bill's time in office... and take a peek at the intel THEY had at the time.  It was obvious the groundwork for this plan was laid during the Clinton administration.    
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Even IF (that little word, along with woulda, shoulda, coulda) the administration had information that there would be hijacks, and assume further that the information said they would crash it into a building, what could the administration have done?  No one has asserted that there was information that the target was the Trade Center (used to work there by the way).  So, the only alternative would be to ground all aircraft for some indeterminate period of time.  Don't think so.  None of the information supposedly had enough detail as to target and time frame to expect any response.

Yes, Democrat troublemaking.  Maybe they should look in the mirror.  FDR had much more detailed information, from reliable sources.  Oh, yes, I know, that's different.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but why cause all this dissention now?  Some people really need to get their priorities straight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, but why cause all this dissention now?  
View Quote

It's an election year and they have no issues to run on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I was watching this go on MSNBC. (hence the thread).  I was going to email a reply, but everytime I started I was so infuriated I just deleted it.  For some reason I have a better time wrining here than when I know I'm addressing such a liberal audience.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
 I would suggest that t you go to www.infowars.com and click on the "Prior Knowledge" section.  As far as the Dems go, this began on THEIR watch under Slick.  This operation was in the planning stages for about 5 yrs.  There is enough 'blame' for both parties.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Facts are not relevent in this case.

It's about what sticks, true or not.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 I would suggest that t you go to www.infowars.com and click on the "Prior Knowledge" section.  As far as the Dems go, this began on THEIR watch under Slick.  This operation was in the planning stages for about 5 yrs.  There is enough 'blame' for both parties.
View Quote

The Senate and House Intelligence committees received this info as well.  What did they do with it?  Oh wait, that's right...they're not supposed to be the target of this, are they?

Creating discord in the US by misrepresenting events in order to achieve political gain is reprehensible.

Tom Daschle deserves Hillary as a Mother-in-law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top