Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 1:14:32 PM EDT
I was going over the VPC.coms rebuttal to the Aschcroft 2nd letter and I fell of my chair when I read the part about the "people" not being the "people".  First the shit head Clinton redefines the word "is" and now they go after "people".

Of course the "people" in their eyes means the "states" so I replaced the "people" with the "states".  Makes for some interesting reading, especially the 10th.

FMCDH

Wasn't there some liberal web site people posted at to hack them off.  I would like to forward this.

The VPC Bill of Rights

I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the states peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the states to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
III. No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
IV. The right of the states to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
V. No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
VI. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
VII. In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
VIII. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
IX. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the states.
X. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the states.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
This is probably 99.9 percent of politician's version of "Bill of Right (or wrongs)"

1. Congress may make any laws abridging the freedom of speech, religion, and people's right to peacefully assemble if they see fit, furthermore, only the rich shall have the priviledge of free speech. The following religion is approved by congress: Christianity (except Branch Dividians), Judism, and Atheism. The following religion is frowned upon by congress: Islam, Branch Dividians, and pretty much anything else.

2. In order to protect the government and the rich and ignorant, the priviledge to bear arm may be revoked by congress anytime they feel like it, however the rich and famous shall always be allowed to bear arm.

3. No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house without owner's consent, that is of course if the owner of the house is rich and famous.

4. The right of the people to be secure in their person, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable seisure and searches, shall not be violated. That is of course unless the police has "probable cause" and that can be anything the cop says.

5. Everyone must be held to answer for capotal, or otherwise infamous crime, doesnt matter if a grand jury indicts him or not. A person may not be tried twice for the same crime by a single jurisdiction (but that is of course the feds can try someone for the same crime, AFTER the states tried him already), and everyone MUST answer to all questions made by LEO's, even if it incriminates him/herself. The congress can deprive liberty and property, but not life if they feel like it.

6. In all criminal prosecutions, the criminal shall ROT in prison awaiting trial for a minimum of 10 years, by a partial jury.

7. In suits at common law, only the rich and famous shall get trial by jury.

8. While excessive bail shall not be required, a person charged with committing a violent crime shall have the bail set very low, while a person commits a nonviolent (federal) crime shall have the bail set to an astronomical value.

9. ALL rights may be denied by the state if they feel like it.

10. The state must always be much stricter than the federal law.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
X. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the states.
View Quote

Hmmmmm. That sounds like modern "political-ese".
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Rahimiv, dude, thanks for the response.  I wish I had your freetime, I just cut and pasted out of a .gov site the text and used Word to replace state with people.  Have you ever thought of re-doing the Declaration of Inter-Dependence?
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rahimiv, dude, thanks for the response.  I wish I had your freetime, I just cut and pasted out of a .gov site the text and used Word to replace state with people.  Have you ever thought of re-doing the Declaration of Inter-Dependence?
View Quote

I got too much free time on my hand... Thats why I am trying to make a pistol grip for AR-15 out of Honduras Rosewood with nothing but hand tools and a drill press w/ drums.

Preamble:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more imperfect Union, establish inJustice, insure domestic instability, provide for the common offense, promote the general Warfare for the rich, and secure the Blessing of Liberty to the rich and famous, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one rich people to form the political bands which have connected them with another, and to overrule of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all white rich men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain alienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happieness.

Furthermore, everyone who is not a white men will never be given these rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top