Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2002 7:02:58 PM EDT
I need an answer to this dilemma.
 UPS was notified as described below and will answer in 24hrs.
 You guys might be faster.
Here's what happened:

[b]Please inform me regarding the proper procedure for shipping firearm PARTS (note: these are not the serial #'d part considered the firearm; these are accessories or parts).

I attempted to return some ammunition magazines ("clips" to the uninformed) to Remington Arms Co. in North Carolina.
The place of business is called the MAILBOX at XXX X St.
The lady at the counter looked at the box and asked what was in it.  I told her the box contained "magazines".
She said she could not ship 'gun parts' because someone could send 12 boxes of parts and assemble a gun...
I informed her that these were accessories to be returned as per instructions from Remington.  Shipped and insured UPS.
The next comment was that UPS could not ship to a PO BOX.  I can see that may be true, and told her I would get a street address from the folks at Remington.
Next, I asked to just send it insured by US Postal Service.  She said they don't do insured mail...
At this point, I sensed that she was seriously misinformed, antagonistic, and probably anti-gun, all or part of which may or may not be relevant.
She also stated that parts must be shipped 'dealer to dealer'.
I told her that I used to be a 'dealer' and understood that firearms must be shipped that way, but not parts.
I told her I had recently shipped a riflestock back to the manufacturer for replacement from that very place of business.  She got very irritated and asked if the stock was 'declared' or if I was asked what was in the box...
This is where I decided to give up and get the hell out of there.
I also used to work in Security, and in light of the events of 9-11-2001, I understand completely the need to be careful, but, I think this lady was going overboard.
Please describe in detail the policy for shipping PARTS and instruct me as to the best way to ship these parts back to Remington for replacement.
Thank you for your time.
I've done business with UPS for years and appreciate the assistance.
I always look forward to seeing the "UPS Man".[/b]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel like I have been here before...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, it was going sooooo sloooooowwww, I ended up getting this on here 3 times.  
Ooops.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I thought I was losing it!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top