BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 10:57:43 AM EDT

[url]www.planetmuscle.com/[/url]

-It's FREE
-It is no nonsense, lots of non-steroid workouts
-lots of good pics
-tribute to fitness model glutes in each issue!

I used to get Muscle and Fitness.  What a waste of money.  All the workouts are for guys that roid.  The nutritional advice is okay.  It is very repetitive.

I promise you'll love Jeff Everson's articles and his choice of pics.

Oh, and it's free.

Edited to activate the url.....and to steal the link and add it to the ones at the top of the page![;)]

[red][size=5]It works![/red][/size=5][:)]

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, it works when I type it in.  I'm not sure what's wrong w/ the link.

Anyway, this is the most practical magazine I've ever read.  It is about the only one that ADMITS that the pros use steroids and that copying their workouts will result in overtraining.  

And it is FREE!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Muscle Media is pretty good all in all, but can you say EAS. They own the mag, and shamelessly promote their products, which are good, but it cheapens an otherwise good mag.

Muscle & Fitness and Flex are owned by Joe Weider through one of his companies, which means that there is definitely some good advice in them, but there is also a lot of BS that goes with them. Most of us don't have the time and resources to train in a lot of the suggested ways, and the routines they recommend are largely not the ones used by the athletes anyway.

Remember in any of the magazines you read to look for the word "advertisement" in small print at the top and bottom of the pages, there are lots of them in there.

Most of the Pros featured in the mags are paid for their time, and with that for their "routines." The fact is that most of those guys have been training for so long that they may know what body parts they intend to work, but the exercises/weights/sets, and so on, are completely up to how the day feels. Don't get me wrong, they go as hard as they feel they can. But they listen to their bodies more than numbers of sets/reps.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top