Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:06:50 PM EDT
I'm slowly converting my co-workers into AR owners.  2 down 73 or so to go

Almost all the parts for this one came from the EE.  Everything except for the lower, lpk, ff tube, optics, and gas block.  I had 2 20" uppers from the EE,  one was a flat top with a threaded barrel, the other A2 upper non threaded.  He wanted a 20" varmint gun and had no plans of using a flash hider so I swapped barrels and added the ff tube from Model 1.  I made him buy the DPMS lower from a gun show, he got a good deal on a redfield scope there too.

We tried it out today.  I told him to get good ammo, but he ended up with Ultramax reloads because they were cheap.  He still got a decent group at 100 yards sighting it in.

He gave me some cash and traded a stainless ruger m77 in 243 with over 100 rds ammo.

The two uppers before they were taked apart.

The finished product.

His target.  100 yards, cheap ammo, first time shooting the rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
looks good.    question though.   since you don't have a front sight, does the scope need to be that high?  not bashing just asking a question

edit .  just thought about the charging handle.  always forget about that part    
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
looks good.    question though.   since you don't have a front sight, does the scope need to be that high?  not bashing just asking a question

edit .  just thought about the charging handle.  always forget about that part    

You are correct.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks Great, Keep on keep N on
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If your nose was touching the charging handle like it is supposed to, the position of the scope     (in relation to the charging handle) wouldn't matter.

BTW, isn't the scope mounted a bit too high considering no cheekpiece is shown?

Looks good, I need to swap out my A2 upper for an A3.

B_S
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top