Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2018 1:34:58 PM EDT
The first time one of these fucking psychopaths that gets their melon splattered by a teacher, mark my words, people will be lining up to talk about what a good kid he was, that he was just about to turn is life around blah blah blah

Of course anyone with a single functioning brain cell would know that's all bullshit, but you know it's going to happen
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh well
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
TL;DR
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The first time one of these fucking psychopaths that gets their melon splattered by a teacher, mark my words, people will be lining up to talk about what a good kid he was, that he was just about to turn is life around blah blah blah

Of course anyone with a single functioning brain cell would know that's all bullshit, but you know it's going to happen
View Quote
Better to be tried by 12 than carrier by 6.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
the problem with arming teachers is tha the teachers (with a very few exceptions) don't want to be armed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the problem with arming teachers is tha the teachers (with a very few exceptions) don't want to be armed.
View Quote
Then make it voluntary. No one is saying we should issue all our teachers pistols. You’d be surprised how many volunteers you’d have. A lot of teachers already have their carry permit, a lot of them would die to protect their kids, a lot of them even post on this forum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Then make it voluntary. No one is saying we should issue all our teachers pistols. You’d be surprised how many volunteers you’d have. A lot of teachers already have their carry permit, a lot of them would die to protect their kids, a lot of them even post on this forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.  As many cameras as there are in schools these days, either it's a good shoot or it's not.  I'd rather have the shot be made by someone with a vested interest in the kids than some disinterested "Well, at least I went home safe" or "I don't get paid enough for this shit" security guard.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh who cares about people's "feels", protect the kids from the nut job.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This whole problem can be solved by enforcing a new rule. Each school will MANDATORILY have 3-10% of all teachers trained and then armed after attending a three week long state sponsored QQB/Active Shooter class. It will be given in the June/July time frame every year and the teachers will be paid to attend and also will be paid appx. $2000 per year in extra salary for taking part in the program. Recurrent training will be required every year ( appx. three days paid). IF the school superintendent allows the percentage of carrying teachers to fall below the state mandated percentage the SUPERINTENDENT will face a fine of $50,000. Take the decision completely out of the school board/superintendent population. This is common sense gun reform.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Well fuck, isn't that the same thing that happens with the police right now? I think that your observation falls into the category of "no shit Sherlock."

So what?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be an armed guard at a school, wonder how much that gig would pay.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
There ate a lot more serious problems than that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Growing up in the 70s our principle always carried a pocket pistol. No one ever fucked with him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tough shit.  They don't want to teach or control their classrooms either.  Teachers, as a whole, make the Mos Eisley Spaceport look like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't want the teachers armed either as they are on the SAME DRUGS and are just as filled with TRUMP HATE making them derranged on the same level.

2-3 armed (highly trained former/current LEO/MIL) per 500 kids at a school.

This school had THREE THOUSAND kids and 2 security officers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This whole problem can be solved by enforcing a new rule. Each school will MANDATORILY have 3-10% of all teachers trained and then armed after attending a three week long state sponsored QQB/Active Shooter class. It will be given in the June/July time frame every year and the teachers will be paid to attend and also will be paid appx. $2000 per year in extra salary for taking part in the program. Recurrent training will be required every year ( appx. three days paid). IF the school superintendent allows the percentage of carrying teachers to fall below the state mandated percentage the SUPERINTENDENT will face a fine of $50,000. Take the decision completely out of the school board/superintendent population. This is common sense gun reform.
View Quote

<-----teacher
Just let teachers carry on campus. Period.

Are you going to pay me more to provide personal security services for my students?  I'm a teacher, not a cop. $2000 whole fucking $$$ a YEAR? That would'nt cover the retainer a lawyer would require. How about another $15-20,000?

Why do I need to go to a three week long state sponsored QQB/Active Shooter class? The bad guys don't. I'm not even sure the police officers in Plano do that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#17]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tough shit.  They don't want to teach or control their classrooms either.  Teachers, as a whole, make the Mos Eisley Spaceport look like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1..

The real question is why do kids want to shoot up their schools?

I submit that the way state schools are run is more akin to a gulag than an institution of learning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Make it a requirement that all teachers are armed and trained to at least the level of marksmanship and battle tactics that any patrol officer goes through.

If the teacher refuses,  welcome to the unemployment line.

It works in Israel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Read

Works in Israel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Generalize much? The % of pro gun teachers in Texas is surprisingly high.
Teachers want to teach, not be personal protection officers that give spelling tests.
Just let us carry under our CHL/LTC like anyone else can do at work.

Quoted:
You need a better school district.
If you tolerate teachers like you describe it's exactly the school district you deserve.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cannot be serious. Mandating teachers to carry guns. We had a Supreme Court mandate that Americans have to buy health insurance or pay a fine, and now you want someone mandating that a citizen must carry a gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#23]
You don't have to go that far;
- Set up access control turn styles at the outer entrance, if the student doesn't bring their card they don't get in. Cops can monitor the entrance for the 15 minutes it takes everyone to get in, then it gets locked down until it's time to go home.
- School publishes complete list of authorized items, if it's not on the list it is contraband.
- Set up TSA style checkpoints at the inner entrances to the school, metal detectors & bag screenings.
- All unauthorized contraband goes into the garbage; no exceptions.
- Any type of weapon gets turned over to the cops for arrest & prosecution.

Parents are demanding a solution, there's the solution that everyone can be happy with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Better one dead kid

Than 17 innocent kids.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

+1..

The real question is why do kids want to shoot up their schools?

I submit that the way state schools are run is more akin to a gulag than an institution of learning.
View Quote
Because of bad parenting.
Generation Snowflake has been taught that they don't have to respect authority & they can do whatever they want without consequences.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]
The parents of the children who were saved would take care of any faggotry.

At least I hope they would.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#27]
The NEA is very, very much against this and so is most teachers so even if allowed very few would do it. Given the BLM type chaos cops have to deal with now, I can't see how armed teaches wouldn't cause more issues. I'm not saying we shouldn't push for it but I doubt highly most districts would follow through. Sad reality is if one of these nutjobs decides to do this, he/she will use any weapon and opportunity; best to address the underlying cause and remove trouble-makers. Maybe, just maybe we need to re-introduce physical discipline, shame and put the pressure on the parents but I know that's a fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#28]
There is several problems with arming teachers.

First of all, how hard is it to have actual gun guys be proficient and gun usage concealed carry and handling? Serious question. I don't know how many goddamn times I've been flagged or had  things happened with people that were actually Gun Guys. What the f is going to happen when you're dealing people that aren't gun people?

Academia by and large is filled with liberals. You're not going to overcome that one.

I love the concept of all teachers and basically everyone being concealed carrier's. It's just not practical. I think however they should make a means for teachers that do wish to be concealed carrier's, and have a system in place for them. It needs to be confidential with nda's and everything. They can go receive training and learn techniques to help improve and maintain their proficiency. But it needs to be on a voluntary basis. There is no way you're going to have have it mandatory.

Sadly, the problem isn't lack of guns in classrooms. The problem is is at home. Fucked up families. Fucked up childhoods. Everyone wants to have this myob attitude.
Nobody wants to be responsible for Jack schitt. No one wants to help.

I don't know what the kids back story is, but I am sure it's the same as all the others. Broken home, dad's probably not in his life. Child wasn't loved enough either I'm sure.  Was never taught values and self-worth. No religion in the home. No family members around. Topped off with shitty parents.

They crave attention. Of any kind.

And there were probably lots of warning signs too. I'm sure. Once you begin dissolving value systems and role models, you can't really control what happens after that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is several problems with arming teachers.

First of all, how hard is it to have actual gun guys be proficient and gun usage concealed carry and handling? Serious question. I don't know how many goddamn times I've been flagged or had  things happened with people that were actually Gun Guys. What the f is going to happen when you're dealing people that aren't gun people?

Academia by and large is filled with liberals. You're not going to overcome that one.

I love the concept of all teachers and basically everyone being concealed carrier's. It's just not practical. I think however they should make a means for teachers that do wish to be concealed carrier's, and have a system in place for them. It needs to be confidential with nda's and everything. They can go receive training and learn techniques to help improve and maintain their proficiency. But it needs to be on a voluntary basis. There is no way you're going to have have it mandatory.

Sadly, the problem isn't lack of guns in classrooms. The problem is is at home. Fucked up families. Fucked up childhoods. Everyone wants to have this myob attitude.
Nobody wants to be responsible for Jack schitt. No one wants to help.

I don't know what the kids back story is, but I am sure it's the same as all the others. Broken home, dad's probably not in his life. Child wasn't loved enough either I'm sure.  Was never taught values and self-worth. No religion in the home. No family members around. Topped off with shitty parents.

They crave attention. Of any kind.

And there were probably lots of warning signs too. I'm sure. Once you begin dissolving value systems and role models, you can't really control what happens after that.
View Quote
The kid's background story does bear looking into.  Most of the rest of your argument is crap.  There are plenty of teachers NOW that are licensed CCW holders.  All that's needed is to allow them to carry on school grounds.  We don't need any new laws making anything mandatory.  We don't need any "TSA-style checkpoints" (as someone else posted) making our kids feel hassled without providing any real security.  We need to remove the restriction from CCW on school grounds by licensed, lawful carriers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
a bunch of bass mouths I wouldn't trust with a gun..
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like a way to weed out the liberals, hey we get a 2 fer 1 deal, lets get it done!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Most teachers are liberals. The many I have known via my ex were all hardcore librals that would also fail a 4473.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#34]
My school district has armed staff and police.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Read

Works in Israel.
View Quote
Thanks for the link, but that website is just cluttered with too much crap, the article is too hard to read.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#36]
The answer is so incredibly simple.  Just abolish "gun free zones".  Simply let teachers and staff (and students in the case of college) who are otherwise permitted to carry do so.  Of course that isn't a 100% guarantee of safety, but neither would be stationing a platoon in each school.  I'd be willing to bet most schools have at least one teacher who would arm themselves if given the opportunity.  That gives the school a fighting chance in a shooting, not the death sentence lottery it is now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cannot be serious. Mandating teachers to carry guns. We had a Supreme Court mandate that Americans have to buy health insurance or pay a fine, and now you want someone mandating that a citizen must carry a gun.
View Quote
Am serious. Have to start somewhere. The teachers are ALREADY on-site. If you noticed the rule makes the SUPERS responsible for the protection. Get `em off the golf course and back into the game.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Growing up in the 70s our principle always carried a pocket pistol. No one ever fucked with him.
View Quote
A few years ago I did some work for a teacher, in California, that CCs a 9mm glock everyday. If it were legal I'm sure there would be a lot more willing to do so.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:<-----teacher
Just let teachers carry on campus. Period.
View Quote
In Game Theory sometimes the best strategy is a random play.  This school violence problem is such a case.  Randomly armed (by volunteer choice) teachers and other staff.

Most (all?) states already do a fairly extensive screening on education system employees.  Sufficient already, now just allow carry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I would prefer that conversation to the one we're having now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#41]
You'll have a problem arming teachers in the northeast but the rest of the free country would probably welcome it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#43]
While I have known a few really solid teachers, persons who invoked thoughtful conversations and debates, apolitically, the majority of those I know are NOT that way. I barely trust my teacher acquaintances to be sober, let alone handle a firearm in just a training setting. Also given the BS leftist propaganda they push, I can't imagine having some of these idiots drones armed. Perhaps this is just a reflection of living near liberal urban areas, maybe those of you elsewhere in the country have decent educators
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any different than when a cop or armed citizen does it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sounds like a way to weed out the liberals, hey we get a 2 fer 1 deal, lets get it done!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to see a survey of only the teachers and employees that were on-site during a school shooting, as to weather they wished they possessed a firearm during the incident.

If they weren't there, their 'feels' dont count.

i'm guessing that having the ability to return fire, when 'push comes to shove', would be uppermost thoughts of all teachers at SHTF time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You'll have a problem arming teachers in the northeast but the rest of the free country would probably welcome it.
View Quote
Not in the REAL Northeast, you wont.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Won't ever happen, but the real solution is to get the government out of the schools, privatize, and let people decide just what sort of schools they'd like to have.

Scared of armed teachers?  Fine, send your kids to the school that doesn't allow it.
Like the idea of CCW teachers?  Fine...

Free markets have a way of eliminating what people don't want pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
ZFG, let em squawk.  A few "splattered melons" may give other psychopaths pause for thought...
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#49]
How about don't hire teachers to teach our children you wouldn't trust with a gun?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
You guys ever watch the average shooter shoot a handgun at the range? Now you’ve got kids running around, shots being fired, adrenaline is through the roof, and you think Betty who can’t hit shit with her .380 last 5 feet on a calm day is gonna be the answer? Lmao. Next time you go to a public range, walk around the handgun range and check out targets. Now imagine them under stress. I’m more for having school districts put armed and highly trained professionals, in schools. We have tons of PMC companies, why don’t they capitalize on this? Hell, the lunch ladies more often that not don’t work for the school districts anymore...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top