Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/9/2019 1:13:41 AM EDT
Ok, I am tired of folks bashing Hi-Points.  Here's a thread in which one of the carbines took 35 squibs and didn't blow up, and folks are still making fun:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2200517_Hi-Point-warranty-center-finds-carbine-barrel-stuffed-with-35-bullets.html

Well, put up or shut up.  Here's your opportunity to test a Hi-Point .45 ACP JHP pistol that has been converted to take 1911 mags.

Attachment Attached File

The Rules:

1 - you have a working 1911 on hand w/ a supply of .45 ACP FMJ.

2 - you are not in a state where the HiPoint is prohibited.

3 - you agree to post representative pics in this thread of your shooting the Hi-Point, and as proof that you can post pics, post a pic of your 1911 in your acceptance post.  You agree to shoot it and post pics in a reasonable amount of time after receiving the pistol.

4 - you agree to ship the pistol to the next testing volunteer's FFL in line after you at your expense, in a reasonable amount of time after your shooting sessions, or back to me come March 2020.

5 - You may mud test it, drop it, freeze it, leave it outside in the rain, let your buddies shoot it.  You agree not to intentionally damage it, like beating on the slide w/ a hammer or screwing a bolt into the muzzle.  I would suggest not dropping it on your toe.  If it dies during your testing, contact Hi-Point warranty service and ship it to them; they'll fix it or send you a new one.  If you do so, remember to remove the ThingMeister mag catch before you ship it to them and reinstall it when you get a pistol back.  Other than fiddling w/ the sights, don't paint or otherwise mark the pistol.  Don't mill the slide for an optic.  Ammunition is on you - Hi-Points are rated for +P ammo.  I have not tested this guy w/ hollowpoints, but he runs fine w/ FMJ.  Feel free to test the ProMag in other 1911 mag compatible guns you have, 1911s, Camp 45s, what have you.

6 - I'm not liable for damages.  If you shoot it w/ a visible crack in the slide and eat the back half, that's between you & your dental insurance.  If your wife shoots you w/ it, you shouldn't have told her you slept w/ her sister.

7 - You agree to IM me your name, address, phone #, email, and your local FFL's name, address, email, & phone # and update me w/ any changes.  I will keep that information in confidence as best as I can, in accordance w/ ARFCOM's rules on IM'd information.  Obviously, the person shipping to you will have to have that contact info - they will be bound by ARFCOM's rules on IM'd information as well.  FFS, use your actual name in IMs.  You're getting a gun through an FFL.

8 - Don't IM the OP in his own thread.  Also, if your mag base plate doesn't fit, you may remove material from the magwell funnel to fit your magazine w/o modifying your magazine baseplate.  Don't just chop the bottom of the pistol off w/ a chop saw, use some finesse as the grips are held in by some of that material, IIRC.

9 - I may stop the testing @ any time, and the volunteer who currently possesses the pistol must ship the pistol back to my FFL in a reasonable amount of time.  I may add additional rules or alter the existing rules at any time.  You have no financial responsibilities other than paying any of your state or FFL's fees, shipping the gun to Hi-Point if needed, and shipping the gun to the next tester or myself.

The pistol is a used Hi-Point JHP in .45 ACP with the Thing Meister 1911 mag catch installed.  In order to insert the mag, you need to depress the mag catch, you can't just bang it in, and in order to remove the magazine, you have to twist the magazine a bit w/ the mag catch depressed.  This is easier w/ the 10-round ProMag I'm shipping w/ it.  If you want to experiment w/ other mags, just be aware they may be a bit tricky to get out.  I have a McCormick 8 rounder that doesn't sit right b/c the grip interferes w/ the mag floorplate.  The ProMag does activate the slide lock, which is released by pulling the slide to the rear.  The magazine safety has been removed and I won't be shipping those parts w/ the gun.

One of the red inserts in the rear sight fell out before I got it, but it doesn't affect the sight picture in normal light.  If it bothers you, go nuts w/ the fingernail polish or whatever you use.

I will ship the pistol w/ the 10 round mag to the 1st person that posts up.  It may travel by snail.

Why am I doing this?  Hi-Point produces the modern STEN in 5 different calibers, they work well, and I'm tired of folks turning up their noses @ it.  Give it a fair shake.  You don't have to like it, you don't have to enjoy shooting it, but take it out & see how it does.  It's efficient at being inexpensive and putting bullets on target.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
send it

ETA nevermind captain morgan talking but if you gat a sten that sounds cool
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  send it
View Quote
Reread rule 3.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Reread rule 3.
View Quote
too many rules  I better go to bed
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm tempted but scared at the same time. I've never shipped to an ffl.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ballsy.

I had one years ago and it definitely ate everything. Ended up selling it to purchase a different gun to carry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm tempted but scared at the same time. I've never shipped to an ffl.
View Quote
FO!
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  I'm tempted but scared at the same time. I've never shipped to an ffl.
View Quote
It's a lot cheaper if you get your FFL to do it.  My guy charges me $20 + actual shipping.  Post up a pic of your 1911.  Lemme get this thing in the mail.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Tagarooski
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I am willing to show your Hi-Point why it should go be poor somewhere else.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]
If nobody has fo'd by morning, I'll bite.

Been thinking of one as a truck gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
That's cool of you OP I've owned a hipoint carbine and pistol they worked great and were pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]
By the time you pay shipping and transfer fee's it's almost halfway to buying one LOL.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475058/IMG_4905_JPG-870960.JPG
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Was going to say, if you’re going to have to pay a transfer fee to get it and then pay to ship a handgun (either FedEx or have an FFL do it for you), you’re a long way towards just buying your own ($130-ish) to take the challenge with.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Was going to say, if you’re going to have to pay a transfer fee to get it and then pay to ship a handgun (either FedEx or have an FFL do it for you), you’re a long way towards just buying your own ($130-ish) to take the challenge with.
View Quote
Shhhh.  I'm getting a kickback from their FFLs.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  I am willing to show your Hi-Point why it should go be poor somewhere else.

View Quote
By all means.  Shoot me an IM w/ your contact info and your FFL.  Should ship Tuesday.  I'm sure the JHP will learn something from such august company.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:07:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I love it, people really should try one once if for no other reason but to help them appreciate other guns more, and more honestly.  But with me your preaching to the choir,  we have one of the first gen carbines, and I was happily surprised with it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd shoot the hell out of it, but what's the point? I have no doubts about it working. I dislike it for being heavy and bulky.

I dislike the company for being 10rd weenies. I have a 9mm carbine. It's not a modern sten, because a sten holds more than 10 freaking bullets. When your floorplate blows off the mag, they won't warranty it either if you couldn't find the part.

I don't think anybody thinks they don't work though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  I'd shoot the hell out of it, but what's the point? I have no doubts about it working. I dislike it for being heavy and bulky.

I dislike the company for being 10rd weenies. I have a 9mm carbine. It's not a modern sten, because a sten holds more than 10 freaking bullets. When your floorplate blows off the mag, they won't warranty it either if you couldn't find the part.

I don't think anybody thinks they don't work though.
View Quote
They worked w/ Redball to bring the new 15 round mags to market.  The new 9x19mm pistol will have a double-stack mag (no, not a Glock mag).  We have plenty of folks here who think they're junk.  This is a chance for them to put their money where their mouth is.  I think they'll find it works, and is reasonably accurate.  Yes, it's heavy and bulky - that's what you get for $150.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I have looked at a friends High Point of a friends years ago. I was not impressed with the bulkiness or the way it felt in hand. Are they reliable? Probably.

I had a USP45 that was an awesome looking reliable and very durable gun. It was just way to bulky in comparison to other 45's.

If someone likes or prefers them.  I have nothing against that. I'm glad they're into guns. I for one love guns.

I think its cool your willing to share it with others to educate people who think because it is inexpensive, its not reliable.

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:20:24 AM EDT
[#22]
lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:30:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]

But seriously, I want a 9mm Hi-Point carbine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#25]
For the price of shipping and FFL fees you can just buy your own
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#26]
¡Dale Coño!

I'll post it on TTAG and my YouTube Channel too.

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For the price of shipping and FFL fees you can just buy your own
View Quote
https://youtu.be/7wVagQ_LVd4?list=RDfoxDDy33glQ
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how long it will take for it to disappear.........
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Hi-points are good pistols...

...for the money.

I sold a METRIC FUCK TON of them at the range/ store I worked at for a variety of end users.  From people that wanted a shit tier gun for ATV riding that they don't mind if it gets lost. To people with no money  who really wanted a gun for self protection (even though less lethal options would have probably been better, whatever) to wanna be gang bangers who exclaim "point four fives the TRUTH" (and who I tried to upsell to a HK Mk-23 LOL)

But end of the day, while they're OK for what they are, they're still a cheap blowback gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I would rather a hi point than a 1911. At least hi points run
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Why would I jump through all them hoops, I still got mine in the safe. First pistol I ever bought. It's accurate, it's fun to shoot (the mass makes recoil not a thing), and it's never screwed up. It's just a piss poor carry gun compared to my other name-brand pistols. I'd buy another, in 9mm, just so I can pretend I'm Duke Nukem.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:09:54 AM EDT
[#34]
If I didn't have a couple of 1911's as well as a Hi Point 45 and a C9, I would probably take you up on your offer, but I will say, we do ourselves no favors when we make fun of ugly guns that actually work quite well and the Hi Points are reliable, they are accurate and they will get the job done at a low price point, in addition the company stands behind them, no matter what happens to them.

Poor people need protection as well as the millionaires on here.

Good luck, I hope a few do take you up on your offer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Oooh I like this thread.  Reminds me of the wife of a guy in my squadron when I was in the Air Force.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm in DFW and tempted to abuse it if you want to have someone local give it a go. I can also let a bunch of students on my team shoot it.

Not a freeloader.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Tag-a-rooski. This should be fun.

OP, do you have a starting round count?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got a meme for that
https://i.imgflip.com/1ix4fs.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#40]
COOL CHALENGE! Thanks for offering it up.
I wont be participating, as I have a Hi-Point CM-9 that I love to play with. Yes, is heavy, Ugly, and the ergonomics aren't the best but it always goes bang!

Tagging this!
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I got a meme for that
https://i.imgflip.com/1ix4fs.jpg
View Quote
Yeah but the chick I'm talking about wasn't fat or ugly, she just got passed around rode hard.  A LOT.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#42]
@Miami_JBT what's your YT channel?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I have never shit one of their handguns but my buddy bought a carbine in 9mm when they first came out.

We never had any issue with it and I could easily shoot out a bullseye at 25 - 50 yards.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
New Wave Firearms

Right now I'm working on material, so SHOT Show 2019 is the only thing we've done. I warn you... it is rough at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#46]
They are a great option for those strapped for cash.  Unfortunately, that makes them appealing to thugs as well.  The LGS stopped carrying Hi-Points because of having to assist local law enforcement with so many crime investigations involving Hi-Points.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have never shit one of their handguns...
View Quote
Good thing. That would be PAINFUL.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#48]
My carbine was awesome (but ugly).

The 9mm handgun has never failed to go bang so far (also ugly)
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm probably willing to play

Attachment Attached File

We're talking strictly 230 gr ball. No quality SD ammo?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just asked my Wilson 1911 if she would be ok with me bringing a filthy whore like that Hi Point into the house..... It didn't go as planned
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top