Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The nineties were unremarkable with respects to attire.

Good morning Downtrodden.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The nineties were unremarkable with respects to attire.

Good morning Downtrodden.
View Quote
Yeah, nothing in the 90s really was noticeable to be honest

Good morning back at ya my friend
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're wrong. It was the best decade. But I guess fashion would be more important to a chick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please tell these women that fashion was horribly ugly for them.  No one liked high wasted mom jeans, oversized tortise shell glasses, converse shoes,  women's blazers, FUCKING SHOULDER PADS, all that shit.

It was the least sexy decade in our history, a blemish on our glorious past.  I get it, fashion recycles old ideas to appear retro or some shit, but for fucks sake... what's next?  Perms?  wtf.

My childhood is not worth appropriating, I promise.

You're wrong. It was the best decade. But I guess fashion would be more important to a chick.
Mom jeans make the ass look good and accentuate the waist.  Hip-hugging skinny jeans look like you couldn't afford the entire pair of jeans and had to negotiate for less material.

Glasses are what they are, I don't care.

Shoes?  Blazers?  What?

Shoulder pads?  mmmm...... I dunno.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
85 BEARS,, GTOAT

Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Skin tight Dolphin shorts and French cut bathing suits that didn't make women look like they had short stumpy legs. Bring it on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Fail of a thread...

OP was 7 when the 80's were coming to an end.  WTF does he even remember about the 80's other than probably not having to wear a helmet when he first learned how to ride a bicycle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’d take another 80’s in exchange for this shit show any day of the week no contest.

Much better times and I miss them .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
I’d take another 80’s in exchange for this shit show any day of the week no contest.

Much better times and I miss them .
RR did not want to oppress or enslave us. And beat the fuck out of communism.. So there's that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The 80's, where you could go to the mall and pick up chicks cheaper than going to a bar. Assuming you were younger than 30. I got all my old personal picks in the last few weeks. Scanned some in. Prom, homecoming, other pics of dates and stuff. Big hair, but none of it was blue, no nose rings either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The mom jeans are back, and I blame Taylor Swift.  She restarted this shit
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
OP fails as whining about something he knows nothing about.
And hes curiously interested in womens fashion.

Lock it up!!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Double tap fail
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't care what fashions they were wearing back then, I was only concerned with getting them naked.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The young girls didnt wear that shit.  They were dressing like madonna or like slutty metal chicks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Ban OP
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
1991 didn't suck because of this ~~
Career Opportunities. Scene

Earlier in 1986.. Dated the crazy girl for a few weeks, but we still have to stick it anyways ~~  
9 1 2 weeks Joe Cocker You can leave your hat on Basinger Rourke

Then again.. in Basic Instinct ~~  
Basic Instinct | Official Trailer

Well, you probably had to ask what Buffy meant in Cruel Intentions.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
View Quote
You got that right.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Please tell these women that fashion was horribly ugly for them.  No one liked high wasted mom jeans, oversized tortise shell glasses, converse shoes,  women's blazers, FUCKING SHOULDER PADS, all that shit.

It was the least sexy decade in our history, a blemish on our glorious past.  I get it, fashion recycles old ideas to appear retro or some shit, but for fucks sake... what's next?  Perms?  wtf.

My childhood is not worth appropriating, I promise.
View Quote
Fashion doesn't matter once the clothes are off.  I'll take the 80's women over the ones that seem to run 6 or 5 to the ton.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
70’s were the best.You can’t beat tube tops.
View Quote
Example?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You were born in 82? I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 82. You know absolutely nothing about the 80's. All you experienced of the 80's is your toys, and your bicycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually you bring up a very good point.  I was born in 1982, a child during this era of horribleness.

You may have like it because you were already an adult during this time, I hated it because now that this trend is brought back.. there's no attractiveness.  Didn't even notice titties till about 1994.
You were born in 82? I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 82. You know absolutely nothing about the 80's. All you experienced of the 80's is your toys, and your bicycle.
I was born in '82 and I love everything about that decade.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So you old dudes actually liked high wasted mom jeans
View Quote
Hell yes.  I miss Rocky Mountains.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
"You know what would look sexier?  If we covered up more skin"

-said no man, ever
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Strapless leather minidresses
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I was in high school in teh late 80s/early 90s. While the big hair, bangs, neon colors, and high waisted jeans were terrible, there were also those low waisted, tight, stone washed jeans with the zipper right on the ass crack. I and every other hetero male enjoyed watching girls walk down the hall in front of us!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#28]
80s were greatness, still a sense of innocence and values, with a mixture of everything just starting to become digital.

90s is where there was a crescendo of those ideas but eventual degradation of the innocence until the fall of the towers in 2001. From there it's been a non-stop free fall into what we are now.

This country needs to swing back into normalcy culturally and stop with the hangover of no values at all. MAGA tried to ignite back a sense of the eighties, but like gangrene, the rot runs too deep. It's poisoned the country.

In regards to fashion, it's fallen along those lines. We are in the early 90s again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Strapless leather minidresses
View Quote
I'm listening....
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#30]
@Downtrodden

You’re my bro, but you are wrong. 80’s trim and early 90’s trim was a a WONDERFUL thing. Going down on your girl and it would resemble a gigantic hairy bush, kinda like having BuckWheat in a headlock.

You’re a young man with a beautiful lady friend. Get her to skip the grooming for a few months and head to the Y. It’ll change your life bro. Picking pubes from your teeth is a fond memory.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@Downtrodden

You’re my bro, but you are wrong. 80’s trim and early 90’s trim was a a WONDERFUL thing. Going down on your girl and it would resemble a gigantic hairy bush, kinda like having BuckWheat in a headlock.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125234/9F0D8CD7-AA65-426C-8371-7E710877C2CF-1231298.jpg
You’re a young man with a beautiful lady friend. Get her to skip the grooming for a few months and head to the Y. It’ll change your life bro. Picking pubes from your teeth is a fond memory.
View Quote
Hahaha holy shit dude you gotta be a Comedy Central writer or something lol

Every post is freaking gold, Jerry.  GOLD
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I was born in '73, graduated in '92. I have very fond memories of the late 70's, all of the 80's and 90's.

I think the absolute worst bit about the early 1990's, and maybe that trend holds true generally today is the total and complete lack of good new music. The trend of pop music, rap/R&B, and even much of the R&R and "country" being dominated by computer keyboards and piped in sounds, and then being called "ground breaking" is disturbing. Go back and look and listen to productions from Led Zep (any!), Genesis (Supper's Ready), Rainbow (Stargazer), Pink Floyd (The Wall), Black Sabbath (Iommi's work), Van Halen, etc, etc, the depth in which that music shows talent is amazing. The 60's and 50's, and even 40's-20's produced some real talent (Ellington, Berry, Elvis, Beatles, Doors, 'Stones, etc). Now... pipe in some computer sounds and "poof" some people think Mozart has been reincarnated.

Anyways.... life was simpler, safer, and there was much less drama.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The 80s and 90s were awesome. You can’t see fashion when it is wadded up and strewn across your bedroom floor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hahaha holy shit dude you gotta be a Comedy Central writer or something lol

Every post is freaking gold, Jerry.  GOLD
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/6737f020.jpg
Sexy 80s women
In 1981, and having graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, Susanna Hoff (guitar, vocals; b. 1.17.57, Newport Beach, CA) places an ad in a local newspaper called The Recycler in which she states that she's into the Beatles, the Byrds and Buffalo Springfield -- and wants to start a band. She meets Vicki (guitar, vocals; b. 1.11.58, Los Angeles, CA)  and Debbie Peterson (drums, vocals; b. 8.22.61, Los Angeles, CA), sisters who performed together in the Fans (1979-80). The threesome hit it off and the Supersonic Bangs are born. Acquiring bass player Annette Zilinkas (bass, vocals; b. 11.6.64, Van Nuys, CA), they shorten their name to the Bangs and release their first single, "Getting Out Of Hand" on their own label, Downkiddie. Sales are disappointing...
View Quote
Annette was the bass player for the Runaways.......I learned that just last year and I thought I was all smart on 80s bands.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually you bring up a very good point.  I was born in 1982, a child during this era of horribleness.
View Quote
Be silent while the members with a pair of shoes older than you are speaking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#37]
The same will be said about todays women in 30-40 years.  High obesity, shitty tattoos, and pink/green/blue hair.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The 80s and 90s were awesome. You can’t see fashion when it is wadded up and strewn across your bedroom floor.
View Quote
Bonus points for making it all the way to the bedroom.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I just like that girls didn’t flip the skank switch until later in life back then.

I miss the fashion insofar that girls were a little more modest and feminine. Even the punk rock chicks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The same will be said about todays women in 30-40 years.  High obesity, shitty tattoos, and pink/green/blue hair.
View Quote
I say it today.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]
At least women tried back then.  Shoulder pads and big hair beat sweat pants.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because you were slaying poon in your 20s back then, you have a sexual attraction to that era.  It was during your prime.  I was still playing with legos and watching gi joe.  No association.
View Quote
Not true; you DO have associations. Just all the fucking age women you knew then were your mom and her friends. So therefore you associate the looks of the day with breeding age mommy  and are sexually repelled by them.

Congratulations, you seem to be healthy in that regard.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw the thread title and fully expected to come into this thread and hit OP with this GIF

but then read the OP and found myself agreeing completely.

Aside from the workout leotards/outfits, womens' fashion from that time frame did suck, bigly. The high waisted pants trend currently going on is terrible and needs to crawl back under the rock it came out from under. Like short hair, they look downright terrible on most women.

Women's fashion was hottest from mid-2000s to mid-2010s, change my mind.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#45]
OP state: NY

I see why ur mad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shaven poontang is the best poontang.
View Quote
Sorry, but TRIM (as in "Trimmed" - not completely shaved off) was one of the best things about the 80's...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
View Quote
People as a rule were or did not:

Fat
Smelly
Dressed in pajamas in public
As rude
As sociopathic about their opinion
Introverted
Confuse knowledge with wisdom
Narcissistic
Opinionated
Divided as a nation
negative about everything
ban happy
More thoughtful
Willing to a dirty days hard work.
etc, etc

You know when sucks?
2020 bizzaro world full of commies that are so retarded they dont even know they are commies and people that are so confused they don’t even know......you fill in the blank.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#49]
You were hanging around the WRONG WOMEN.  The era was great!

Sorry you missed the train.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sorry, but TRIM (as in "Trimmed" - not completely shaved off) was one of the best things about the 80's...
View Quote
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top