Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 4:15:35 PM EDT
Went shopping today at Walmart and hit the ammo section intending to see bare shelves.  They had about $300.00 or
so left of 9mm so I grabbed it all.  Wife decided to pay for half too, double win.  As we were walking away the lady
answered the phone and said "sorry, we just sold the rest of the 9mm". I felt a little bad but getting over it now.  Sorry,
no pics of the wife.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Went shopping today at Walmart and hit the ammo section intending to see bare shelves.  They had about $300.00 or
so left of 9mm so I grabbed it all.  Wife decided to pay for half too, double win.  As we were walking away the lady
answered the phone and said "sorry, we just sold the rest of the 9mm". I felt a little bad but getting over it now.  Sorry,
no pics of the wife.

I did a similar thing. Last week I bought all 10 of the G 19 15 rounders my local shop had left. A guy walked up as the clerk was handing them to me and asked, only to have his feelings hurt. Snooze you lose.

CSB for you and me

Still need pics of the wife, there are rules.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Shortly after '08, I was *always* the guy eagerly walking up to the ammo case, always disappointed with the lack of anything common.  For one of the classes I took in the spring of '09, I had to literally scavenge my entire county just to scrounge together the 600 round recommendation for the training.

I'm much smarter and more proactive now.  I hit my local spots almost daily on the way home from work, and buy huge piles whenever they have anything.  So yes, now I'm the guy that's screwing the poor soul that just needs a couple boxes of 9 or 45.  I am strangely comfortable with this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Our walmart has a box limit because of that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
At the WM here it is the fuckstick manager at the gunshop across the street who buys all the ammo, which he resells at 30% ish markup.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Most of them don't, at least not yet.  Give it a week.   Nor do the Academy or Bass Pro shops.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My wallys got plenty of 45 and thats about it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The box limit is interesting, and seems to be region-specific.

When I lived in suburban Detroit, every single Wal-Mart had a box-per-customer limit.  On my very first local WalMart visit I made after moving to Iowa, I was greeted with huge piles of every single caliber in the case.  I flagged down a girl with key, and asked how many boxes I could buy.

Her: You can have as many as you want

Me:
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
So, I went to Wal-Mart today, and as I walked to the ammo counter, I see they have some Tula 7.62x39.   Very unusual of late.  As I get ready to purchase, a lady manager (apparently from another part of the store) comes up to the Sporting Goods guy and says something about "223."  My ears perk up because there hasn't been a single round of it since about the 17th.  She tells the gun counter guy that "her husband and all of his friends are looking for .223."  Guy then tells her that, every morning at 0700, when he puts out stock that was delivered overnight, he has guys waiting at the counter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The box limit is interesting, and seems to be region-specific.

When I lived in suburban Detroit, every single Wal-Mart had a box-per-customer limit.  On my very first local WalMart visit I made after moving to Iowa, I was greeted with huge piles of every single caliber in the case.  I flagged down a girl with key, and asked how many boxes I could buy.

Her: You can have as many as you want

Me:

They didn't used to do it, but in 08 when there was runs on .223 and pistol ammo guys were buying up the whole case, it lead to the manager getting yelled at too many times by the next guy in line.

It's not a store policy as much as it is manager policy. It was at 2, then to 5, then it was gone for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm betting WalMart will have it restocked along with ar's in a fairly short time.
WalMart does know about ordering stock and unlike Gus's lgs when Walmart
calls Winchester, Federal or Colt they pick up the phone unlike when Gus calls.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
2 friends of mine and I bought damn near a pallet of 12 gauge shells for $2.50 a box from Walmart a couple of years ago. I bought 170 boxes for myself. I could barely push my cart out to the truck.

You should have heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the the guys who showed up too late and the dude bitching to the manager on the phone.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!
Went to wally world yesterday and your brother did the same thing right in front of me! Bought the last on only 5 they had of 9mm

Oh well.....
I've got a few pounds of powder, bullets and primers. OFF to the garage
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm betting WalMart will have it restocked along with ar's in a fairly short time.
WalMart does know about ordering stock and unlike Gus's lgs when Walmart
calls Winchester, Federal or Colt they pick up the phone unlike when Gus calls.
We'll just have to wait and see.

"Hello Colt, yes this is Walmart, I'm gonna need another 50,000 units. Also, we are going to pay $5 less per unit than last time, deal with it."
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Would've done the same.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Spoils of national policy
http://haha.xxx/images/adri017n.jpg
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember back in 08 when ammo was scarce there would always be 4 or 5 of us back at the sporting goods counter waiting on the guy to put the ammo out, sometimes he would only have a case to put out(if even that) we tried to make sure we all walked out with some ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top