BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I screwed up and thought I had most of the parts put together for my buddies kid and I ran across one that I need.

I need the circular handguard cap that goes behind the fixed front sight. The one I have is an older style and is triangular in shape.

Please let me know if you have one available.
View Quote
Either should work, and for a trash panda it shouldn't make a diff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Strike that. I found one in my parts bin. I accidentally installed the triangular one and had to point out the fs pins again. Not fun.. I also need a ejection port cover, spring and pin. Ill look online tonight for options.
View Quote
@TOthemax you are in luck I have one! Dust cover spring and pin!

Navy is sending me out for the month so I would need the address ASAP I only have tomorrow morning! Unless it can wait until I get back?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
When our recipients can, please take a moment to tot up what you personally outlaid on your builds.  Not counting parts you had on hand or what you received, but what bits you had to go buy to complete the firearm.

I'll put the totals in the OP so that folks will have a rough idea what it would run to build a rifle for dad or the neighbor kid.

ETA:  please list your donors as well, so we can recognize our donors who make this thread possible.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Navy is sending me out for the month so I would need the address ASAP I only have tomorrow morning! Unless it can wait until I get back?
View Quote
Fairs winds and following seas, shipmate, have a safe deployment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fairs winds and following seas, shipmate, have a safe deployment.
View Quote
Thanks, I’m a veteran now. I work as a Navy civilian getting the ships ready and qualified for combat it is just like being active duty. Except gone from home even more often and I spend a good amount of time out at sea to be honest more than when I was active duty Navy...
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Crappy California compliant rifle was built with a few parts I got from here

@Troutman
Magpul Handguard and Buffer

@Kingmud
Buffer tube and charging handle

I purchased remainder from either EE, PSA, Strike industries which by the way is a great budget option and Midway. I had a stripped lower, stripped upper, gas block, rear sight, lower parts kit minus springs and buffer retainer. Though I was on a budget because I do plan on gifting the rifle I did spend probably around $250.00 out pocket (not including parts I already had). I appreciate everyone’s generosity, and I will continue to contribute as much as I can. I did make a mistake the Magpul handguard I received from here turned out to be mid-length and Crappy CA rifle was a carbine fortunately I was able to trade it for a Magpul carbine handguard so all was not lost! (I did notify the donor and asked if he wanted it back as it did not fit)

ETA Thanks!!

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  Crappy California compliant rifle was built with a few parts I got from here

@Troutman
Magpul Handguard and Buffer

@Kingmud
Buffer tube and charging handle

I purchased remainder from either EE, PSA, Strike industries which by the way is a great budget option and Midway. I had a stripped lower, stripped upper, gas block, rear sight, lower parts kit minus springs and buffer retainer. Though I was on a budget because I do plan on gifting the rifle I did spend probably around $250.00 out pocket (not including parts I already had). I appreciate everyone’s generosity, and I will continue to contribute as much as I can. I did make a mistake the Magpul handguard I received from here turned out to be mid-length and Crappy CA rifle was a carbine fortunately I was able to trade it for a Magpul carbine handguard so all was not lost! (I did notify the donor and asked if he wanted it back as it did not fit)

ETA Thanks!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476203/4A3547F4-2E36-481B-A47E-175AB74133F0-796498.jpg
View Quote
Very good and all please note revised Rule 5.  Pic posted in the Hall of the Trash Panda in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys are an inspiration.  I had to sell all my ars when I moved back to this shithole state.  I just bought a striped lower tonight and I'm going to build a 10.5 Inch pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Trash Panda was built 90% of donated parts from here and two other forums, where people just stepped up and said, "Well, I have this..." I'm not sure I could list each part but ARHank did the lowers, and backbencher the barrel...I'd have to go look, but all donors are listed in the movie credits.
"Receive" fee for the lower, $15
Toolcraft BCG, about $70
buttplate, with wrong screws, about $13
Gas tube, about $10
Brass hammer and roll pin punch was about $30 together.

That's about it. TP2 has many more purchased parts - spring kit and buttplate enroute on Monday. Then it will be upper one part at a time. This one will have a carbine legth FSB for the wife, so i guess a regular set of carbine hand guards and such will be what I get, still learning one thing at a time with these fascinating rifles!

Attachment Attached File

We are SUPPOSED to get holiday leave paid down in July - look for me in this thread doing Christmas in July as much as I can.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks, I’m a veteran now. I work as a Navy civilian getting the ships ready and qualified for combat it is just like being active duty. Except gone from home even more often and I spend a good amount of time out at sea to be honest more than when I was active duty Navy...
View Quote
Thanks for being there - my ship was turned into high quality razor blades 7 years ago. :)
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#12]
@armoredman which ship were you on
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#13]
@03screwlariat and @armoredman

Both of your gas blocks went out today, both estimated Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  Trash Panda was built 90% of donated parts from here and two other forums, where people just stepped up and said, "Well, I have this..." I'm not sure I could list each part but ARHank did the lowers, and backbencher the barrel...I'd have to go look, but all donors are listed in the movie credits.
"Receive" fee for the lower, $15
Toolcraft BCG, about $70
buttplate, with wrong screws, about $13
Gas tube, about $10
Brass hammer and roll pin punch was about $30 together.

That's about it. TP2 has many more purchased parts - spring kit and buttplate enroute on Monday. Then it will be upper one part at a time. This one will have a carbine legth FSB for the wife, so i guess a regular set of carbine hand guards and such will be what I get, still learning one thing at a time with these fascinating rifles!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/TP_100_yards_CATS_range_jpg-796613.JPG

We are SUPPOSED to get holiday leave paid down in July - look for me in this thread doing Christmas in July as much as I can.
View Quote
Updated OP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  That's about it. TP2 has many more purchased parts - spring kit and buttplate enroute on Monday. Then it will be upper one part at a time. This one will have a carbine legth FSB for the wife, so i guess a regular set of carbine hand guards and such will be what I get, still learning one thing at a time with these fascinating rifles!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/TP_100_yards_CATS_range_jpg-796613.JPG

View Quote
Can send you plain carbine handguards (no heat shields), or the giant Tapco square rails if you like.  Pics are a couple of pages back.  You'll need a standard bbl nut, delta ring, and a round handguard cap behind the gas block.  You've already got the carbine gas bbl?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can send you plain carbine handguards (no heat shields), or the giant Tapco square rails if you like.  Pics are a couple of pages back.  You'll need a standard bbl nut, delta ring, and a round handguard cap behind the gas block.  You've already got the carbine gas bbl?
View Quote
I've got like four sets with heat shields...
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Through our last night on shore, ship arrrrfcom paaarts!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm a veteran now. I work as a Navy civilian getting the ships ready and qualified for combat it is just like being active duty. Except gone from home even more often and I spend a good amount of time out at sea to be honest more than when I was active duty Navy...
View Quote
How's your birthing as a civilian?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have a rail mount qd they dont need and maybe a 1" rail mount for a surefire 6p light?

Also as I mentioned earlier, my Ranger budy will be picking up a stripped lower and if I can get any help building him a rifle that would be amazing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How's your birthing as a civilian?
View Quote
@Squid1 How does a 20 foot shipping container with standard 3 high Navy racks that sleeps 12 sound? I’d say worse than active duty. And if that’s full bring out the Cots!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Our berthing was three high coffin lockers on the 01 level for 3rd Division.
I was on the top rack, and if I sat up too fast I rang my bell on a steam pipe. Part of being a young and stupid E3.
@3screwlariat, USS Pyro, AE-24, decommissioned in 1992, scrapped in 2012
@WhiteDingo, thank you very much!

@only1asterisk, thank you, going to see what backbencher is referring to first, but if not, those would be wonderful, thank you. BTW, the One Asterisk logo is what out tactical team uses, too.

backbencher - what are giant Tapco square rails?

Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:09:25 AM EDT
[#23]
See Rule 11.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Fixed, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#25]
A forend that is large, blocky, with rails, made by Tapco.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A forend that is large, blocky, with rails, made by Tapco.
View Quote
I thank you for that, sir. Would it allow for a standard FSB on a carbine length gas system? Edited, looked it up, if it is, sir, yes, that would be a great idea, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#27]
*reels at the sudden outbreak of Engrish*
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
*reels at the sudden outbreak of Engrish*
View Quote
I crave pardon, fair sir, for eloquence and diction are indeed foreign and distressing to mine own person as well. Would that you could find in thine own up swelling heart the strength, humanity, and will to forgive?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  I thank you for that, sir. Would it allow for a standard FSB on a carbine length gas system? Edited, looked it up, if it is, sir, yes, that would be a great idea, thank you very much.
View Quote
Will drop it in the mail.  Shoot me your address again, cleaned out my ARFmailbox recently to make room.  Need a commercial buffer tube, commercial stock, or A2 pistol grip while I'm @ it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  I crave pardon, fair sir, for eloquence and diction are indeed foreign and distressing to mine own person as well. Would that you could find in thine own up swelling heart the strength, humanity, and will to forgive?
View Quote
While you're muzzle break makes me grit my teeth, there is nothing in the rules against Engrish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Great deal Arfcom complete stock kit for 19.99!!

https://www.primaryarms.com/tiger-rock-ar15-6-position-milspec-collapsible-stock-kit

24 hour sale

ETA beat man y’all are fast!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great deal Arfcom complete stock kit for 19.99!!

https://www.primaryarms.com/tiger-rock-ar15-6-position-milspec-collapsible-stock-kit

24 hour sale

ETA beat man y’all are fast!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
PM sent, thank you!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dija git it?  Apparently shipping a buffer tube w/ the buffer tube as the container is not the fastest way to ship things, lol.  Next time I will just use their envelopes, it's cheaper to ship that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'd use that commercial if you wanted to part with it @backbencher
Dija git it?  Apparently shipping a buffer tube w/ the buffer tube as the container is not the fastest way to ship things, lol.  Next time I will just use their envelopes, it's cheaper to ship that way.
@CK187 - post pics or I need to call the post office.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  I thank you for that, sir. Would it allow for a standard FSB on a carbine length gas system? Edited, looked it up, if it is, sir, yes, that would be a great idea, thank you very much.
View Quote
Shipped today.  Had to take it apart to fit it in the small envelope.  Hopefully doesn't come apart enroute.  Left the receipt in the truck which is now in the shop, will PM you the tracking # when I can.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Thank you! Dub question - my only experience is with the Aero free float - what hardware do I need to mount the barrel with this quad rail?

Gas tube arrived today! Than you, Lone_Eagle!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Round carbine handguard ring behind the gas block, delta ring & springs that mount btwn the receiver and the bbl nut.

ETA:  This is an example of true Trash Panda parts.  It is functional.  It is cheap.  It is so ugly that thousands of these have been ripped off rifles and tossed into parts bins from which they should be resurrected and offered in this thread.  Bring us your carbine gas, your Tapco handguards, your loud-as-hell muzzle brakes, your A2 grips yearning to be useful on a rifle again!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did good sir! Haven't hung it yet, was waiting on misc to throw the lower together for a sexy shot

Backbencher - buffer tube
Troutman - grip
Secret Santa - LPK

She is pretty excited for this pistol. So far she's only into it for the stripped lower. Hopefully her barrel gets here soon

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Folks, if we have anyone looking to do an oddball pistol-Panda, I may have a barrel for you.
10.2"ish 300 blackout, pistol gas, with a DD pinned (ugly, someone smashed it off the old barrel) gas block. It's a Bartlein barrel blank with an LWRC NiB extension, but here's the kicker: it's a 1:10" twist so subs are a no-go.
Bare stainless, nitrided block.

I put it together with a stub cut off a customer's barrel for giggles. Accuracy with factory supers is fine, but it's not a fast enough twist for 200gr+.

I'd love to see it go to a Jr. Shooter or Serviceman/woman, but seeing as it's goofy, I'm opening this to all interested parties. I would ask for shipping reimbursement on this, though
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Folks, if we have anyone looking to do an oddball pistol-Panda, I may have a barrel for you.
10.2"ish 300 blackout, pistol gas, with a DD pinned (ugly, someone smashed it off the old barrel) gas block. It's a Bartlein barrel blank with an LWRC NiB extension, but here's the kicker: it's a 1:10" twist so subs are a no-go.
Bare stainless, nitrided block.

I put it together with a stub cut off a customer's barrel for giggles. Accuracy with factory supers is fine, but it's not a fast enough twist for 200gr+.

I'd love to see it go to a Jr. Shooter or Serviceman/woman, but seeing as it's goofy, I'm opening this to all interested parties. I would ask for shipping reimbursement on this, though
View Quote
I could use this for my neighbor's build.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:  I put it together with a stub cut off a customer's barrel for giggles.
View Quote
You chopped a customer's bbl, took the extra, and made a new bbl?  Do you slim down bbls as well?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You chopped a customer's bbl, took the extra, and made a new bbl?  Do you slim down bbls as well?
View Quote
Yes, and yes. He ordered a 30" blank and wanted an 18" finished barrel; I had usable barrel left and he didn't want it, so I thought I'd try a 1:10 Blackout for giggles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  Yes, and yes. He ordered a 30" blank and wanted an 18" finished barrel; I had usable barrel left and he didn't want it, so I thought I'd try a 1:10 Blackout for giggles.
View Quote
 30" blank?  This is magical.  Just had a 27" pencil bbl made up b/c that was the longest blank I could find.  I made a bayonet mount for my stepdaughter for Christmas - my FIL gave her an 1869 Chassepot bayonet w/ a 22" blade and made a bayonet lug for her.  I had the pencil bbl made and was hoping I could give her a rifle as long as she is tall.  I missed by 3.5".  
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

30" blank?  This is magical.  Just had a 27" pencil bbl made up b/c that was the longest blank I could find.  I made a bayonet mount for my stepdaughter for Christmas - my FIL gave her an 1869 Chassepot bayonet w/ a 22" blade and made a bayonet lug for her.  I had the pencil bbl made and was hoping I could give her a rifle as long as she is tall.  I missed by 3.5".  
View Quote
If you have someone to thread an extension on and ream the chamber, you can get standard blanks up to 32". Some places will do custom lengths at an upcharge. Krieger even has a standard contour up to 34" for the 32-20. The cost for the barrel goes up, obviously.
He paid about $360 for the contoured blank with no chamber or finish work performed

@only1asterisk Remind me about the build for your neighbor. I vaguely recall seeing you post, but I'm at work and can't search for it now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#46]
This is really cool. Thought about not posting but what could it hurt. I just built a really cool 10.3 pistol. My brother saw it and fell in love saying, "this is exactly what I've always wanted." But he's miserably poor and I think when I told him the cost he got a bit discouraged. My father and I have been trying to get him into firearms but it seems like all he wants to do is spend all his time with his horrible girlfriend and all his money on overpriced barista coffee and other worthless ventures. Last year my dad and I teamed up and gifted him an 80% lower and a lower parts kit for Christmas. He was happy but he couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. This year I bought him a toolcraft BCG and gave him a daniel defense flash hider. My father set up his jig and showed him how to mill his 80. So he's closer. I've got a spare carbine receiver extension I could give him but that's about it.

So he still needs an action spring and buffer, a brace would be cool, upper receiver, barrel and probably just an fsb and plastic heatshield to get him in the game. Mm and a rear sight. Hopefully getting it put together will help him pull his head out.

fine
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a few Damage industries stocks I know I have brown maybe pink if the ladies need one.
I also have std black mid-length plastic handguards, possibly A2 pistol grips to match the stocks.

PM me what you need and I will see what I have. These are nice stocks with QD sockets.

Shipping on your dime.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#48]
edit
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

State level and personal beliefs aside, this gives me concern at a federal level for providing firearms and parts.
View Quote
Yeah the boy is phibited from firearms for smoking the weed the poster should delete his post.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Since we're all saints here beyond reproach or redemption. Got it.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top