Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2018 11:00:49 PM EDT
Haven't been into photography for a minute. (Last dSLR was the D300.) I couldn't resist the current deals on the D750/24-120/battery grip, so I pulled the trigger. I'm excited to play with my first FX camera.

Now I need to stop looking at lenses until the wife gets over this purchase. The Tamron 24-70 and 70-200 G2s look real nice...
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Haven't been into photography for a minute. (Last dSLR was the D300.) I couldn't resist the current deals on the D750/24-120/battery grip, so I pulled the trigger. I'm excited to play with my first FX camera.

Now I need to stop looking at lenses until the wife gets over this purchase. The Tamron 24-70 and 70-200 G2s look real nice...
View Quote
Congrats

Honestly, unless you need the f/2.8, Nikon makes f/4 versions of their lenses that come really close performance wise but less expensive.  Just something to consider.  Either way, welcome to your new(er) addiction.  Just remember FX glass only unless you want to run the D750 in DX mode.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the advice. I knew about the newer 70-200 f/4, but I am not aware of a 24-70 f/4.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the advice. I knew about the newer 70-200 f/4, but I am not aware of a 24-70 f/4.
View Quote
There's the 24-120mm f/4 that you'll be getting with the camera.  (btw great lens, one is on my list) and then I guess for 'current' lenses it goes to the 70-200mm f/4.  I'd have sworn there was a 24-85mm f/4, but apparently not.

To be honest, I rarely use my 24-70mm f/2.8 and have been considering selling it.  Just a lot of money to have sitting around in a lens that doesn't get touched.  Not a sales post, just saying to consider what focal ranges you use.  Sure, I've got the 'holy trinity' but I'm either taking photos super wide, using a prime, or telephoto/super telephoto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top