Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:56:51 PM EDT
The documentary explores the lives of several Texan families. Muslim and Non Muslim, and their views about Islam and life in the West.

VERY INTERESTING may I say, a must watch.

Texas Muslims
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for comments.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Im gonna be sick......
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Texas..."resistance is futile"

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course, I wonder what a documentary about ex-muslims in majority muslim countries would look like?

I'm sure it would have to cover the social ostracization, imprisonment, torture, and execution as part of their experience.

And Muslims here are safe behind the protection of the First Amendment....that guarantees freedom they would destroy if they gained ascendancy in this country.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
dumb asses
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Threw up alittle bit in my mouth after starting to watch it....still feeling a bit faint
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I feel so depressed now. We can't kill them fast enough overseas and now traitors over here join their ranks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
These are not true Texans
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn, I feel so depressed now. We can't kill them fast enough overseas and now traitors over here join their ranks.

its people converting to a different religion...  you guys baffle me
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at the website URL on the video page: www.turntoislam.com Right then and there I decided that it

was propaganda. - Kool-Aid (LCA ts1337)

ETA: Nuke them from orbit... it's the only way to be sure... and to keep the children safe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
That was WEIRD hearing that lady with the head covering speak with that Texas drawl.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Look at the website URL on the video page: www.turntoislam.com Right then and there I decided that it

was propaganda. - Kool-Aid (LCA ts1337)

ETA: Nuke them from orbit... it's the only way to be sure... and to keep the children safe.

It's not just some video from that web site, its a recording of a program broadcast in the UK on Channel 4, a major broadcaster.  There is a link in the credits to channel4.com/believe
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Bizaare
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh

My

God

That was stupid. I think the world would be better off if blind faith would be replaced with actual thinking....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Its nice to see biggotry is alive and well on arf.com. If there not jewish its not wrong to hate them!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Its nice to see biggotry is alive and well on arf.com. If there not jewish its not wrong to hate them!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, sometime its painfull to realize the double standard.
Jews: Jesus = shit disturber
Islam: Jesus = prophet.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How many Jewish terrorist attacks have there been in the past, say, 100 years, versus how many Moslem terrorists have there been in the past year?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many Jewish terrorist attacks have there been in the past, say, 100 years, versus how many Moslem terrorists have there been in the past year?

You don,t even have to go that far back, how about the last 4 weeks
I was not going to responed to him ,I hate feeding troll's
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

its people converting to a different religion...  you guys baffle me

+1
Just being Muslim doesn't make you a terrorist.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.rense.com/general21/pastzionist.htm

Whats next, comparison rates between blacks commiting robberies VS whites? You might have found a new target for your hatred, but your still a bigot
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
It looks like a slippery slope.

One minute you're a Christian American who loves god and country.
Next, you're a Muslim American who loves his new god and country.
Then you're a Muslim American who loves his god and isn't very happy with his country...

you tell me what comes next.

I have no problem with non militant muslims; really I don't. I know several and they are friendly, conservative families. but I have a hard time separating the violent factions from the non violent when there's people like Abu Abdula or Abu Ahamza saying, "If you turn away from even one iota of the Koran, you're a disbeliever. The jihad against infidels is obligatory".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Then you're a Muslim American who loves his god and isn't very happy with his country...

I have no problem with non militant muslims; really I don't. I know several and they are friendly, conservative families. but I have a hard time separating the violent factions from the non violent when there's people like Abu Abdula or Abu Ahamza saying, "If you turn away from even one iota of the Koran, you're a disbeliever. The jihad against infidels is obligatory".

And what was the crusade? What was the salem witch trials?
Fanatics are the problem. Looks like we even have the racist fanatics on this forum. Born again Nazis, but instead of wanting to kill Jews, its muslims
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
tag for tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Was that a Mad TV skit or what?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#28]
How did that joke go about cowboys and Muslims?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
http://www.rense.com/general21/pastzionist.htm

Uhm, 'Rense'? You know that he is a nutjob that will put anything online, right?

It is rather pathetic when you have to link to some idiotic and uncited list that purportedly took place 50 years ago.

Whats next, comparison rates between blacks commiting robberies VS whites? You might have found a new target for your hatred, but your still a bigot

OH NOES!!111 YOU ARE USING TEH 'BIGOT CARD'!!!!

That is pretty much an admission that you have no actual facts to back your position. Unfortunately for you, I do not care if some leftard wants to call me a bigot, so you will have to do much better than that.

Regardless, if you are so concerned about Moslems, why don't you spend time trying to stop Moslem kids from exploding in public places? Seems to be an awful lot of that going on these past few decades, so you may want to get right on that!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
And what was the crusade?

It was almost one thousand years ago, and it was in response to the Moslem attack on Jerusalem(ETA: Not to mention the Moslems encroaching on the Byzantines). Try to bring up a relevant point, would you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I can only believe it is staged.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Thoughts I had while watching...

Is his prayers during the game why UNT sux so bad?

Did he say Bible bashing?  Isn't it Bible thumping?

I wonder if Yasmine (Mindy) is hot?

Margarete is gonna take what?  Where?

He did say Bible bashing!!!  Okaaaaaay.

Catherine has been a muslim for 2 weeks, which is about twice as long as she's played  tennis apparently.

If I had to marry her I'd want her to cover up with a scarf, too.

and one more....

WTF!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#34]
 They'll burn in hell too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Good rule of thumb ---- if she wears a burka, she ain't a Texan.

'Nother Good Rule of Thumb ---- if he takes off his cowboy boots to enter a house of worship, he ain't a Texan.

Eric The(Simple)Hun
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And what was the crusade?

The Crusades were, in part, defensive wars to reclaim territory lost to the military invasion of Christian lands by muslim armed forces. Read some history.

Fanatics are the problem.

Yes, fanatics are the problem, but so are dupes and so-called "mainstream" muslims who actively or passively provide cover for their terrorist coreligionists. Another problem is people who just have the most basic gloss of information about a very important topic, yet pontificate as though they actually know what they're talking about.

Born again Nazis

AR15.Com debating intellectual bankruptcy rule: The first one to call the other a Nazi loses. Thanks for playing.

+1  Thank God for the morning crew!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Good rule of thumb ---- if she wears a burka, she ain't a Texan.

'Nother Good Rule of Thumb ---- if he takes off his cowboy boots to enter a house of worship, he ain't a Texan.

Eric The(Simple)Hun

A big amen from the back row

Dirka dirka
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
And what was the crusade? What was the salem witch trials?
Fanatics are the problem. Looks like we even have the racist fanatics on this forum. Born again Nazis, but instead of wanting to kill Jews, its muslims

Unless you are practicing tiqqya, I suggest you stop parroting the uninformed view of the Crusades and crack an unbiased history book or two.

Islamic Arab armies in the 7th through 9th centuries conquered Christian Syria,  the Christian Levant, Christian Coptic Egypt, Christian Berber (not Arab) North Africa, crossed the Straits of Hercules and conquered most of Christian Gothic Spain, conquered Christian Gothic Sicily; and raided Italy repeatedly, sacking Rome in 846 -looting the Basilica of Saint Peter.  Of course, from the moment the Caliphate expanded to the borders of the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium) the Caliphate was focused on conquering it too.

Christendom, fragmented as it was, did not attack Islam.  Islam has, from its inception, sought to fulfill the mandate of the Koran and establish itself as the single dominant religion of the world through Mohammad's famous 'three choices' - submit to Allah (Islam means submission); be slaughtered; or surrender, pay jizat (the protection tax), and become dhimmi (I'll let you look that up).

And the witch trials.... Yes, zealot hysterical Christians of a variety of stripes have persecuted 'heretics'.  But guess what?  We (Christians) outgrew it.  In Islam TODAY the penalty for blasphemy is DEATH (and this is usually the secular punishment for these religious crimes in Muslim countries, even "multicultural" ones).  As is the penalty for converting to another religion.  People are stoned to death, etc.  It is a violent cult.  Iranian mullahs sitting as judges order the gang-rape of virgin teenage girls convicted of religious crimes so that they can be judicially murdered for things that don't make the news here.  And that's Amnesty International's opinion, not just mine.

Sorry, but the comparisons pale.  And by the way, "Kingdom of Heaven" is fiction - as is all the dhimmitude about how peaceful and tolerant Andalusia was, and how the Caliphate was a bastion of religious freedom in the benighted world, etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Baptists:  If you don't follow our rules, you will make the Baby Jesus cry and probably be bamned to a location packed with Methodists, Catholics, Jews, and Mormons.

Islam:  If you don't follow our rules, we'll make you wish you were dead.

Seriously,  some people are just attracked to control-freak religions.  This isn't limited to non-Christians, either.  There are plenty of self-confessed followers of Christ who will tell you that they won't do this or that because it is against their religion.

Mature Christians base their decisions on what Jesus said about the most important question.  Is what I am doing or planning on doing the loving thing to do?  We don't steal, covet, fornicate, murder, etc., because those things are not loving acts not only toward other people, but also toward ourselves.  Jesus is love, taught love, lived love, and died because of His love for us.

I don't see that with Islam, or Hinduism, or any law-based religion.  We were given the law because God loves us.  God doesn't need us to obey His laws.  He's God, for Pete's sake!  God's ordinances are his way of showing us some of what is love and what is unloving.

Muslims want to be close to Mohammed.  Mohammed was just another guy who died.  They worship Mohammed, just another of God's creations, and their laws, which are just some of man's creation.

We are to love the Creator, not worship the creations.  Jesus was not a creation of God, he is God.  He told us that the best way to love God was to be living sacrifices, i.e., live a life defined by the love of our neighbors and ourselves and ultimately Him.

There will always be those who confuse following rules  with faith iin God.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Didn't the high school Christmas break end yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I thought you guys would like it
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, Slippery Slope, the part in red is the foundation of Islam.

The Koran (to a believing Muslim - not an apostate) is the ABSOLUTE "Word of Allah", dictated by the Archangel Gabriel directly to the Prophet Mohammad (as no living man can hear Allah and live).  It is, to a believing Muslim, ABSOLUTELY literally truely Allah's own words.

It can not be interpreted.  It can not be disputed.  It can not 'reformed'.

Surah 61:4  "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure,"

Surah 2:190-193  "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits...And slay them wherever ye catch them.  And turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them.  Such is the reward of those who reject faith.  But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  And fight them on until there is no more persecution.  And the religion becomes Allah's.  But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"

Surah 9:38-39  "O ye who believe!  What is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth?  Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter?  But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.  Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least.  For Allah hath power over all things.  Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least.  For Allah hath power over all things,"

Surah 8:59-70  "Their state is like that of the people of Pharaoh, and of those before them who treated their Lord's signs as lies.  We therefore destroy them in their sins, and We drowned the people of Pharaoh; for they were all doers of wrong.  The worst beasts truly in the sight of God are the thankless who will not believe; They with whom thou hast leagued, and who are ever breaking their league, and who fear not God!  If thou take them in war, then, by the example of their fate, scatter those who shall follow them - that they may be warned: Or if thou fear treachery from any people, throw back their treaty to them as thou fairly mayest, for God loveth not the treacherous.  And think not that the infidels shall escape Us!  The shall not weaken God....O Prophet!  stir up the faithful to the fight.  Twenty of you who stand firm shall vanquish two hundred: and if there be an hundred of you they shall vanquish a thousand of the infidels, for they are a people devoid of understanding....No prophet hath been enabled to take captives until he had made great slaughter in the earth.  Ye desire the passing fruitions of this world, but God desireth the next life for you.  And God is mighty and wise.

Sura 9:5  "And when the sacred months are passed, kill those who join other gods with God wherever ye shall find them; and seize them, besiege them, and lay wait for them with every kind of ambush: but if they shall convert, and observe prayer, and pay the obligatory alms, then let them go their way, for God is gracious, merciful.

Sura 9:12  "But if, after alliance made, they break their oaths and revile your religion, then do battle with the ring-leaders of infidelity - for no oaths are binding with them - that they may desist.  What!  will ye not fight against those Meccans who have broken their oaths and aimed to expel your Apostle, and attacked you first?  Will ye dread them?  God is more worthy of your fear, if ye are believers!  So make war on them:  By your hands will God chastise them, and will put them to shame, and will give you victory over them, and will heal the bosoms of a people who believe;"

Sura 9:30  "Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the Last Day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth, until they pay tribute out of hand, and they be humbled.  The Jews say, "Ezra is a son of God"; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is a son of God."  Such the sayings in their mouths!  They resemble the saying of the infidels of old!  God do battle with them!  How are they misguided?  They take their teachers, and their monks, and the Messiah, son of Mary, for lords besides God, though bidden to worship one God only.  There is no God but He!  Far from His glory be what they associate with Him!  Fain would they put out God's light with their mouths: but God only desireth to perfect His light, albeit the infidels abhor it.  He it is who hath sent His Apostle with the guidance and a religion of the truth, that He may make it victorious over every other religion, albeit they who assign partners to God be averse from it.

Likewise, the so-called "true Haidith" (acts of the Prophet)

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 25, (Narrated Abu Huraira) - Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?"  He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad).  The questioner then asked, "What is the next in goodness?  He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause."  The questioner again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"  He replied, "To perform Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca) 'Mubrur, (which is accepted by Allah and is performed with the intention of seeking Allah's pleasure only and not to show off and without committing a sin and in accordance with the traditions of the Prophet)."

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260, (Narrated Ikrima) - All burnt some people and this news reached IBn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish anybody with Allah's Punishment.'  No  doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, "If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 35, Narrated Abu Huraira  "The Prophet said, The person who participates in holy battles in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and his Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr).  Had I not found it difficult for my followers, then I would not remain behind any saiya going for Jihad and I would have loved to be martyred in Allah's cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His cause."

Volume 3, Book 46, Number 726  "Allah's Apostle said, A pious slave gets a double reward.  Abu Huraira added:  By Him in Whose Hands my soul is but for Jihad (holy battles), Hajj, and my duty to serve my mother, I would have loved to die as a slave."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 555  "Allah's Apostle said, Allah guarantees (the person who carries out Jihad in His Cause and nothing compelled him to go out but Jihad in His Cause and the belief in His Word) that He will either admit him into Paradise or return him with reward or booty he has earned to his residence from where he went out."

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Coming soon to downtown Austin!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Two thoughts:

Justice for them will be wearing the black burke in the Texas heat.

When is her baby old enough for the jihad?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#48]
tag for after work
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does bulldozing houses count?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The Koran (to a believing Muslim - not an apostate) is the ABSOLUTE "Word of Allah", dictated by the Archangel Gabriel directly to the Prophet Mohammad (as no living man can hear Allah and live).  It is, to a believing Muslim, ABSOLUTELY literally truely Allah's own words.

It can not be interpreted.  It can not be disputed.  It can not 'reformed'.

That's nonsense.  Of course it can be interpreted.  Let's assume that I'm your infalible leader.  You believe everything I say.  I'm going to make a statement in plain English and let's see how you interpret it:

You can't put too much sugar in my tea.

So am I telling you not to put too much sugar in my tea or that it is not possible to put to much sugar in my tea (ie, go ahead and put in mounds).

There are several problems relating to interpreting the Koran.

1.  Arabic doesn't have a lot of words.  This may come as a shock to English speakers, but English has an enormous number of words compared to other languages.  What this means is that lots of Arabic words become overloaded and have multiple meanings.

2.  If you aren't a native speaker of Arabic, any version of the Koran that are reading is purely a translation.  Translators have a huge leeway in how they translate a phrase, in part because of the multiple meanings associated with a word.  In many cases, equivalent words simply don't exist in the language you are translating to.  For example, I had a hard time explaining to my wife the meaning of the English word "silly".  Most dictionaries translate this to "ngoh", which also means stupid.  When I say our daughter is being silly, I'm certainly not trying to tell my wife that she's being "stupid".  However, a translater would have to simply translate and push on.

So I could give you a different interpretation of this:

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 555  "Allah's Apostle said, Allah guarantees (the person who carries out Jihad in His Cause and nothing compelled him to go out but Jihad in His Cause and the belief in His Word) that He will either admit him into Paradise or return him with reward or booty he has earned to his residence from where he went out."

as

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 555  "God's disciple said, God promises that someone who struggles to perform the will of God, and who does this of his own free will because he believes the word of God, will be rewarded, either in this life or in the eternal life".

Mine is just as valid of a translation as the one that you posted.  Now granted, I'm sure that Al Qaeda probably reads that in much the same way that you do.  But if you go talk to a non-radical Muslim and ask him what that passage means, I'm betting you get a plain-English description that is pretty close to mine.

Islam isn't alone with this type of translation problems.

If you look at the Hebrew bible and read the 10 commandments, one of them is commonly translated as "Thou shalt not kill".  It's used at times to argue that war (or capital punishment) is never justified.  The problem is in the use of the word "kill".  The Hebrew used a word that is much closer to the word "murder", and there's a different Hebrew word for kill.  So more accurately, the commandment could be translated "Thou shalt not murder".

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top