BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 712
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe taped some of the glass to limit the area that shattered?
 (Total speculation on that).
View Quote
Or taped wires out of the way if he was running them. There's a wire running on the ground in the door pic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gun owners have had it pretty good since the 2004 AWB was lifted. We've made a lot of progress on the 2A front, I've even seen my home of Illinois become a CCL state,  but today we are one step closer to another AWB and/or registration thanks to the novelty known as the bump stock. He could of modified his gun in an illegal way but he didn't. As of right now, he looks to have not broken any gun laws. Rest assured this one will not be going away. I'm not saying by any stretch that anything should be banned or implying that more gun control is needed but that is that state of affairs for today.
View Quote
Except, you know, murder.

Also unlawful discharge of a firearm x200+
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In one of those pics it shows him laying on the floor (presumably already dead) with one of the guns laying across his foot. I thought that was odd. 
Not sure what to make of it
View Quote
Look again, he is also wearing black gloves and is also laying on top of a rifle, his left gloved hand on the stock...he was probably seated when he killed himself and fell back on the rifle under him.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://s1.postimg.org/2r9giggcff/1507056207442_A.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/7zhijlzk8b/1507056229879.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/54oudtlvh7/1507056279229.jpg

Slightly enhanced photos

https://postimg.org/gallery/nvarzu4c/

Seem to be showing up small, never used that service before
View Quote
Can you make them original size?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm wondering how a few posting here feel about box trucks and air planes...
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Dragging pics to this page.

Note?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you think that he might have needed a snorkel device to get fresh air?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody else think that's a pretty odd/peculiar way to set down the guns?

Haphazardly. Not pointing with any purpose or looking like that had been used or intended to be used.

If one intended or had used them out the windows, you'd think they'd be staged there or discarded there.
View Quote
I suspect they started out well organized but the chaos overcame that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Paul Ryan has killed the SHARE act because of this. Don't count your ducks yet.
View Quote
Give it time. I still think it'll get passed. Especially if we hammer those motherfuckers to get it passed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I just heard from credible sources that he was in Downtown Las Vegas the week before, trying to get hotel rooms at various hotels. There were no rooms available, so he did not get a room. He was dropping shit loads of money trying to get a comp room, but they didn't have one available. The Life is Beautiful music festival was downtown the week before. He was planning this. This was not a hot headed moment. He knew what he was doing, well in advance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Here you go
View Quote
He read a Robin Leach article from April about a possible sale that never happened?

Seems thin to base a rampage on but fuck it lets go with it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting to me in that it lacks specifics. What do they want to happen now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not interesting, it's very disturbing "...We believe, as we always have, that there should absolutely be more stringent control on the types of firearms private individuals can own and the processes they must go through in order to own those firearms. There were many factors contributing to this tragic event, but there is no doubt that the shooter’s ability to inflict so many casualties was heavily due to the types of weapons he had access to..."

MGV Statement - if you havent seen it
Interesting to me in that it lacks specifics. What do they want to happen now?
Bankruptcy from lack of further business from making a statement like that. Because from what it sounds like they want to limit the sell of thise evil black rifles to the public to further enhance their business.

Paris has very strick gun laws and yet these attacks happen. Terrorism is an everyday worry there and all across Europe even with their very strick gun laws.

It's not the fact that Americans would not accept anything to help keep things like this from happening. But the liberal left and Democratic party do not even recognize the laws already on the books that could save lives already.

Second everyone with half a mind knows. That anything the left wants has absolutely nothing to do with protecting people.

The liberal democrats primary goal is absolute abolishment of all guns and gun ownership in America. Because they know that is the only way they can truely have absolute power over America and Americans. If they can take away America's means to fight back against a corrupt government.

Look at Spain now, Europe and other European countries. The first thing all the government's over there did to keep control of their countries people. Disarm them and take away their ability to fight back.

Our founding fathers knew this and put in protections against a fearful and corrupt American government that once it became like Europe's would try to do the exact same thing here.

This was a terrorists attack and I don't care what other name it is given. No amount of laws would have stopped it.
Ask Paris and other counties that.

The liberal Democratic party will use any tragic event to justify their adgenda to wipe away our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

They blame guns and never the people the commit these acts. It's as if by simply touching an evil gun you will automatically change into an evil person set on killing innocient people.

Yet it seem that all of these killing are not committed by us. The DEPLORABLES as we've been called by the liberal Democratic party.  It seems like almost all of these acts have been committed by the liberal Democratic left themselves.

The NEWS MEDIA never points that out. That all of these killings are some how linked to them in one way or the other.

I'm truely sadden by this event. A lot of good Americans died that night. Yet the left immediately started lumping them into a political web of deceit and lies. Using them as political tools in ad campaigns for gun control and pointing out. How bad we conservative Americans are. Blaming us for this act of terrorism against America instead of the one who did it.

Simply because we believe in the CONSTITUTION and BILL of RIGHTS we are evil.

No one here has ever hurt anyone. Alot are have served their country in some form or fashion and some still are. Yet according to the comments if the liberal left and even Democratic party members in the Senate and Congress we the DEPLORABLES are to blame for this tragedy. Not the madman that did it.

Now according to the left and Democratic party.  I'm as well as you and millions of other Americans are deranged psychopaths by default simply for owning X number of guns, ammunition and high capacity mags.

Therefore it is just a matter of time before every single person that falls into this category magically transforms into a maniac mass murder.

They must act to stop us by whatever means they must do.

I must go and worship my black rifles at the alter. They are calling my name.

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He was apparently a private pilot so probably not scared of heights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know how he could have smashed out the glass and stood there looking down 32 stories much less shooting at people for however long.

Just the thought of being there makes me want to vomit. My knees would have buckled and I would have had to crawl back to the middle of the room.

He had some serious dedication to whatever set him off, that's for sure.
He was apparently a private pilot so probably not scared of heights.
I'm not scared of heights when I'm flying, or looking over the railing at the Empire State Building or the rim of the Grand Canyon.

But you take away that little barrier and have me one misstep away from a 300 swan dive and it's a whole 'nother story
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
That metallic end piece on the tube, I have seen something like that before but for the life of me it's not at the front of my mind....I'm meaning the metallic piece with blue tube
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
All the 'personal normalcy bias theories', of the shooter's mindset/psychology, are ---interesting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

By making them smaller
View Quote
https://postimg.org/gallery/nvarzu4c/
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Glove on left hand but not on right?
View Quote
Common for a right hand shooter, protects from the hand guard heat.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bump firing heats up the gun.   After hundreds of rounds the front of the gun gets too hot to touch.
View Quote
Maybe that's why he brought so many rifles - overheating/concerned about malfunction?  Either way he planned every little detail.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In one of those pics it shows him laying on the floor (presumably already dead) with one of the guns laying across his foot. I thought that was odd. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haphazardly. Not pointing with any purpose or looking like that had been used or intended to be used.

If one intended or had used them out the windows, you'd think they'd be staged there or discarded there.
There appears to be another slide fire stocked rifle underneath his body. His left hand is laying on the stock.

ETA: beat
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Makes it harder to hate conservatives and push gun control if the problem is extremist left loons making violent political attacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's clear that they know the motive by now, or at least have information that give them a very good idea. If he was anything other than a muslim or a leftist it would have been out already.

My guess is that either they are trying to protect the image of a certain group of people or they are trying to hide what they think may lead to some type of violent backlash against the people he aligned with.
Makes it harder to hate conservatives and push gun control if the problem is extremist left loons making violent political attacks.
Absolutely
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to think that he was a rich libtard Fudd that decided to make a statement about how dangerous he believed AR's to be...in an effort to get them banned.

Why else would the guy bother to haul 23 AR platform rifles up to his defilade position when 3 or 4 would have given him back-ups at each window and sufficed for his purposes? 

I'm beginning to think he was trying to illustrate a point that he believed nobody 'needs an evil black bullet hose'. 

The guy knew he could pass the NICS checks, could legally acquire a buttload of AR platform rifles, could equip them with slide-fire stocks, buy large capacity magazines and ammo...and use all his legally bought stuff to kill lots of people. He was trying to prove a point. 

The guy puts me to mind of a lot of the libtard trolls that come to this website to try and push their anti-gun/anti-hunting/anti-2nd Amendment/anti-American rhetoric. 

I really have no way to substantiate my theory, but the more stuff I hear about the circumstances...the less looney it seems to me. I think the guy was trying to get black rifles banninated. 

Maybe his video of the shooting will lend more to the narrative of why this coicksucker did what he did.

YMMV
View Quote
Tack this post.

Truth is here
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I see ten 100 round Surefire mags in that second pic.

There's a pink piece of paper under the ashtray in the third pic with the body.
Wonder what's on it.

What's that blue smurftube?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Got a picture of the shooter after he ate a round.  Supposedly.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How did he get his leg under the gun with bipod?
View Quote
Bodies can do funny things as they relax. We don't know what position he was in when he ate one.

I could see him sitting at the table, on the floor with knees to chest.

Boom, and his feet slide out and under the gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
How many were killed in Chicago (one city) last year? Are the guns to blame or the perps? Just trying to put things into perspective. BTW in Europe with all the gun bans did Islamic killers still get AK's for mass shootings? How about box trucks?

Logic/reality sucks for some.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Barrels get hot with all that shooting
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#28]
It has but I'm ok with seeing it again. Hope he's burning in hell.

Putting tape on the windows before smashing them out does seem to make sense. It looks like he did a lot of planning.

Do we know if that's an ashtray? Can you smoke in a suite in Vegas? I know it Atlantic City they stopped allowing smoking in the rooms... thn again I've never stayed in a seriously high end suite before.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Shooter was a former IRS agent according to Fox News.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe he was "watercooling" his slide-fire AR15 barrels with the hose.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got a picture of the shooter after he ate a round.  Supposedly.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
It's been posted 50 times already.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Guns get hot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Fox says he was a letter carrier (mailman?) and worked for the IRS.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will you people stop calling this the worse shooting in US history . That claim belongs to Wounded Knee. The shooters were government and they killed hundreds and awarded 20 Medals of Honor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Fox: Relative of Girlfriend says shooter was unstable
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Soooooo... he's connected to Lois Lerner?

Inderasting!

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No it wouldn't

Because it was written by the ISIS assassins who parachuted out of the windows before shooting up the crowd with M240s from the 4th floor and then disappearing into the night
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fox: Girlfriend says shooter was unstable
View Quote
Ya think?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wrong, it would work just fine. 

ETA: not that I think he used that to tape mags together. It is plenty strong though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The green painter's tape is probably the weakest tape, in terms of shear force, you can buy. You wouldn't use that to tape your mags die hard style.  Wouldn't work. Would barely be able to hold a pen on the wall. 
Wrong, it would work just fine. 

ETA: not that I think he used that to tape mags together. It is plenty strong though.
 No. I'm not wrong.  It's manufactured that way so when you easily pull it off your walls it doesn't jack up your lines. You'd be hard pressed to find a tape with a weaker shear force. I'm just saying, he didn't use that tape to bear any loads.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#42]
We don't need the same photos posted on every page. Notrega's summary post is a good place for those.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fox: Girlfriend says shooter was unstable
View Quote
Fixed

Fox: family member of girlfriend says shooter was unstable.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#44]
FOX NEWS REPORTING NEW INFORMATION

US GOV SOURCE
INTERVIEWED RELATIVE OF GF
SHOOTER WORKED AS LETTER CARRIER AND FOR THE IRS
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So why all the weapons? Maybe he wanted to try a bunch of different guns to see their effects or which was better / worst for mowing down people at a distance. Would you get more casualties by spraying long bursts of a small caliber? Or do you end up killing more people by using semi auto fire in a .308? Maybe he brought his whole collection because if he had time he'd switch up weapons just for the hell of it. Shoot people with a 5.56, then switch it up to a .308 if he had the time, then maybe switch to an AK or something if he had one.
View Quote
That doesn't make sense. He probably had a poor understanding of the exact effect he had, and the main factor was how packed the crowd was and how long it stayed exposed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#46]
How did his leg just happen to slide under the rifle that is on the bi-pod without knocking it over? Weird things happen, but that looks a little staged.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Inderasting!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inderasting!

She did despise the right.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

they have been deleting all the negative comments

guess they can't stand the heat

fuck them
View Quote
They deleted mine and blocked me, don't support the 1A either I guess.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fox says he was a letter carrier (mailman?) and worked for the IRS.
View Quote
Yea, and the girlfriends family said he was a scary man... These are interviews that came from family with the government. Interesting the government officials didn't confirm if what was said in the interview is true.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People keep trying to assign reason to an unreasonable act.

This dude wasnt trained. He was batshit crazy with some money and enough knowledge to be dangerous. Plus we are only getting freeze frames of information with no context or timeline of events.

Trying to deduce accurate answers from this stuff right now is just grasping at smoke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People keep trying to assign reason to an unreasonable act.

This dude wasnt trained. He was batshit crazy with some money and enough knowledge to be dangerous. Plus we are only getting freeze frames of information with no context or timeline of events.

Trying to deduce accurate answers from this stuff right now is just grasping at smoke.
He was a bean counter and a pilot.

Those have very specific personality characteristics.

Haphazardness isn't one of either of them.

I'll give you that he was nuts. And I am not espousing any conspiracy crap.

But something is fucky with how those rifles are positioned.

I don't see the cops moving them without clearing them, either.
Page / 712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top