Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 5:41:41 PM EDT
Since everyone's been talking about versus lately, what's your take on this one?

My $$$$'s on original Terminator.

Also the Terminator was programmed to do one thing- terminate!

He doesn't bleed like the Predator so you can't kill it.  At least according to Blane.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
predator has different types of electric camo,a laser gun that could take out the circuit of a cybrog & if all else failed a portable nuke built into his armor = Predator as winner

a liquid terminator would be a whole different story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh man, I'm not too proud to admit that either one of these would be a major challenge.

But I think I could give them both a run for their money.

I've got the camo thing down to a fine art.

And I'm armed to the teeth. Physically imposing. Strong as a .....well, a Bigfoot.

Stealthy. Very stealthy.

And dang fine looking to boot!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The predator likes to size up his game.
He would scope him out and then when its time, KILL.

The predator is way more stealthy.

The terminator, well......

Terminator rings door bell, asks are you Sarah Connor?, then shoots her.

Not too much to his game.

I would have to say, Big foot predator will kick butt if he can use his weapons.

In a fist fight.  The big T all the way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Terminator   [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Terminator hands down as long as he is allowed to use modern weapons.

As for the Predator stealth techniques...that will not work against Arnie... He is able to change his veiw modes.  I am sure that a nice IR scan or something would turn up with a nice target view.

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Predator is smarter. I give him the edge
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The luquid terminator would take any and all comers.  He is bada$$.  And BTW if flesh and blood Arnold could beat the predtor what makes you think metal Arnold can't.

Edited to make it user friendly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The Predator would win.
You see,the only reason why the Predator would be encountering a Terminator,is because of an arranged hunt,by the elder predators in the clan.In the PREDATOR movies,you can see the predator in the movie,was young,it was sent down to a hot-zone (part one,the jungle drug wars,and in part two,the LA street gang war)
thee young predator was sent down to these hostile areas,to prove itself to it's clan.A predator would definatly get serious props from it's clan members,by bringing home the skull of a Terminator cyborg.Also,you see the terminator coming,it's a WAR machine,slow,loud,and tough.The Predator is a hunter,of the most dangerous game in the universe.Actually,the PREDATOR species has MUCH more advanced weaponry then seen in the movies,this is because the PREDATORs enjoy,and take pride in the hunt,thus,they limit themselves to their outdated weaponry on their hunts.However,their "outdated" huting equipment prooved to be MORE then sufficient when the Predator species found a new hunting ground:Earth.
I hope my mind-numbing sci-fi knowledge has impressed you all.I am also a master of the ALIENS movies,I've done all the attractions,and I've been in a M56 Smart Gun harness.

"I'm the SOFA KING!!! my prices are SOFA-KING low!!!"
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone seems to forget that the predator got its butt kicked by regular humans(Danny Glover no less).  While the evil terminator(s) was killed only because it got sloppy.

BTW Did anyone else see the skull of the "Alien" alien on the wall of the predator in the second movie.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The luquid terminator would take any and all comers.  He is bada$$.  And BTW if flesh and blood Arnold could beat the predtor what makes you think metal Arnold can't.

Edited to make it user friendly.
View Quote

reasons why predator would kiss ass

#1  predator has that invisible type camo -- terminator can only see in normal vision & IR (bonus predator can see in several light formats: UV/IR/Normal ect..)

#2 terminator comes with no weapons or (special ones) pred has that triangle laser.

#3 pred has some pretty good armor not as good as a terminator but the pred's laser would cut right threw those cyborg parts

#4 pred is smarter, it's an advanced alien where a term is only as smart as it's maker. terms are programed only to kill & they come at you head on. pred would use stalking skills to hunt & attack when the prey is at it's weakest

#5 hand to hand a term would win, but if it come to that the pred would just set off it's mini nuke and take them both out.

#6 term is slow as shit, but if you blink you'll miss a pred. speed is alway a plus factor

yes humans beat the preds but in the end human also beat the terms. so the real winner is HUMANS[beer]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#12]
No way the predator, he does'nt need to reload his gun, to much firepower and to fast for arnie. now if were talking t-2000 thats another story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont think the question should be would a Terminator beat a Predator, he would.  The question should be how many predators could he off before they got him?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The Predator feels pain.  Take his wife hostage and you have beat him. [;)]

Plus how do you beat a machine that knows his guns.  (In best arnold voice)"Forty-Five Longslide"
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Predator, has that 40-watt plasma gun on his shouder, that aims where he is looking
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh man, I'm not too proud to admit that either one of these would be a major challenge.

But I think I could give them both a run for their money.

I've got the camo thing down to a fine art.

And I'm armed to the teeth. Physically imposing. Strong as a .....well, a Bigfoot.

Stealthy. Very stealthy.

And dang fine looking to boot!
View Quote

[b]You're killin' me man![/b]

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Well....if Sasquatch IS'NT included I'd have to go with the terminator , hey he's a killing machine , he does it for a living , unlike the "weekend" predator. It takes a lot to stop a terminator , he feels no pain , supercomputer intelligent, and will not stop no matter what. On the other hand predator aint no slouch either, but he does feel pain ,have a family to worry about etc,etc....
OH! and remember Arnold kicked both of thier rears...Hey Sasquatch are you and Arnold related?[:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Predator would win.
You see,the only reason why the Predator would be encountering a Terminator,is because of an arranged hunt,by the elder predators in the clan.In the PREDATOR movies,you can see the predator in the movie,was young,it was sent down to a hot-zone (part one,the jungle drug wars,and in part two,the LA street gang war)
thee young predator was sent down to these hostile areas,to prove itself to it's clan.A predator would definatly get serious props from it's clan members,by bringing home the skull of a Terminator cyborg.Also,you see the terminator coming,it's a WAR machine,slow,loud,and tough.The Predator is a hunter,of the most dangerous game in the universe.Actually,the PREDATOR species has MUCH more advanced weaponry then seen in the movies,this is because the PREDATORs enjoy,and take pride in the hunt,thus,they limit themselves to their outdated weaponry on their hunts.However,their "outdated" huting equipment prooved to be MORE then sufficient when the Predator species found a new hunting ground:Earth.
I hope my mind-numbing sci-fi knowledge has impressed you all.I am also a master of the ALIENS movies,I've done all the attractions,and I've been in a M56 Smart Gun harness.

"I'm the SOFA KING!!! my prices are SOFA-KING low!!!"
View Quote

You got your sh*t down cold but, can you talk to me about "The Thing" 1951?

Wouldn't Terminator generate little or no heat therefore be pretty invisible to Predators IR targeting system?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Depends on who makes the film.  After all, it is HOLLYWOOD not real life. (Some people need something to entertain themselves)
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#20]
How about a Predanator movie
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#21]
hell yeah Timeport!!
"The THING" along with "ALIEN"
started it all for sci-fi movies today.I have not watched it in a long time,I've got it on tape though.Have you seen the remake? it was made in the 80's I think.Any good?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Well if a DELTA Force Major can kill a predator......

And a Middle aged LA cop can kill a predator.....

and a woman scared to death and a guy from the future thats shot to crap can kill a terminator......
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#23]
ar308

I think the terminator was looking to buy a 'phase plasma rifle with a 40 watt range'  at the local gun store-but gun shop owner sez 'only what ya see buddy'  He ended up settling for a spas 12 instead.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#24]
No,I think it was a 2nd generation pulse rifle he wanted , please don't make be break out the video....
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Terminator.

Preditors always loose.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#26]
PREDATOR!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Alisha Klass vs. Mila

Who would win a distention battle?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ar308

I think the terminator was looking to buy a 'phase plasma rifle with a 40 watt range'  at the local gun store-but gun shop owner sez 'only what ya see buddy'  He ended up settling for a spas 12 instead.
View Quote

I think your right.  Terminator all the way!
None of the so called killers here would stand a chance against Steven Segal.  Watch a movie of his, you'll want to die too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
hell yeah Timeport!!
"The THING" along with "ALIEN"
started it all for sci-fi movies today.I have not watched it in a long time,I've got it on tape though.Have you seen the remake? it was made in the 80's I think.Any good?
View Quote

The original was better.

1982- John Carpenter's "The Thing".

Pretty weird movie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]
ALIEN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top