Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 8:02:57 AM EDT

I've use CoreTemp and CPUID in the pass but I need something that will run in the background, record temp history, load, and generate a graph so I can see the temps of my CPU and GPU over a period of time after the fact.

I've been thinking about upgrading my cooling hardward(I'm running stock right now) and I need a baseline to see if the upgrades do anything.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Use SpeedFan

It has a data logging feature
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been playing around with MSI afterbuner. It's great for keeping an eye on GPU temps. Not only can it record graphs for later review but it can display GPU data such as temp, fan speed, clock speedz, GPU load and framerates on screen in the game. It can also auto adjust fan speeds as temps rise(something the default auto fan control of the ATI drivers does not do.) I can keep my 5870 around 50C running the fan at 50%. If I run it at the stock 20% the card tops 65C and pushes 70. The fan teaks save me from buying a new GPU cooler. Another nice feature is it can record video. No for fraps. Although it does not record sound(at least I have not found away to do that yet)

I just wish it monitored CPUs as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top