Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 11:00:36 PM EDT
I guess we're planning a ski trip and looks like it's going to be there.

We've only been to Breckenridge ,Co a couple times, so how does it compare?

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's beautiful and very expensive.

If you like to party, go to the Garibaldi Lift Co. I have never been in a bar that packed and fun, it was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Bigger town. Fewer ski bums.

I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's beautiful and very expensive.

If you like to party, go to the Garibaldi Lift Co. I have never been in a bar that packed and fun, it was awesome.
View Quote

Won't be much partying.  Whole family is going. Me , wife, and 3 kids.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Tons of acreage to ski. Probably my favorite place to ski. Are you staying on the Whistler side or Blackcomb side? 

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tons of acreage to ski. Probably my favorite place to ski. Are you staying on the Whistler side or Blackcomb side? 
View Quote

No idea really. Just getting started planning.

Wife knows someone that has been a few times and mentioned blackcomb.

Is one better than the other? I looked at the map and seems to be one big town. But maps don't always tell the story when you don't know what exactly what your looking at.

It did seem to look like two different mountain peaks that converged below in town.

Would prefer at least ski in , if not both in and out. But that might be too expensive , dunno.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is one better than the other? I looked at the map and seems to be one big town. But maps don't always tell the story when you don't know what exactly what your looking at.

It did seem to look like two different mountain peaks that converged below in town.

Would prefer at least ski in , if not both in and out. But that might be too expensive , dunno.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked the Whistler side a lot better. Blackcomb seemed dated and kind of dead.

Go during the week for better prices on hotels. I rented a kitchen suite on a Monday and it was regular price $430 CAD they knocked it down to $300 CAD. I'm sure you can find a lot better prices.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be during the week , but the week of spring break.

Really the only time we can go with school and all.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I liked the Whistler side a lot better. Blackcomb seemed dated and kind of dead.

Go during the week for better prices on hotels. I rented a kitchen suite on a Monday and it was regular price $430 CAD they knocked it down to $300 CAD. I'm sure you can find a lot better prices.
View Quote
This. Even during the week it will be slightly less crowded than weekends.  Whistler is my preference and you can ski both mountains no matter which side you stay on. You may have to ski down to base and take lift up the other side, etc, but you'll want to do that anyway to take advantage of lunch spots at the base of each mountain, I suspect. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top