BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/16/2005 6:13:33 AM EDT

link
Man Critical After Drinking Cocktail

A Waffle House restaurant worker in Georgia was arrested on charges of allegedly paying a homeless man $5 to drink a poisonous cocktail of chemical cleaning solution that left him in critical condition, according to police.

Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the drink.

Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the poisonous drink.

Leo was transported to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition Thursday.

"What did this poison do to his system?" Leo's sister, Linda, said. "It was acid, it ate through his esophagus and they don't know how much more damage. It ate his gums, his tongue. He's on a ventilator right now."

Leo's family said their homeless brother suffers from alcoholism and has been living near the Waffle House for some time.

They added they will push for tougher criminal charges for what happened.

A Waffle House representative said they fired Wilson and another employee who witnessed -- but did not stop the alleged prank.

Police may upgrade charges against Wilson from misdemeanor reckless conduct to more serious felony charges.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A Waffle House representative said they fired Wilson and another employee who witnessed -- but did not stop the alleged prank.

Prank?!?  Sounds like assault to me.  19 is old enough to know better.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Attempted homicide.

Give him a taste of his own medicine. Worthless POS.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I will wait until we hear "the rest of the story......"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a business arrangment to me.  Nothing in the article says the bum didnt know what he was drinking.  The title indicates he was paid $5.00 to knowingly drink the substance.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone needs to give this kid a fruity cocktail of various solvents.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  That's no "prank".

A prank is putting vaseline on the toilet seat.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Im confused, did the 19 yo trick the homeless guy into thinking it was a regular drink, or did he do a "ill give you $5 if you drink this cleaner" kinda thing... im not arguing what he did was wrong either way, just the victim might have had darwin against him if it was the latter (assuming hes not metnally ill, etc)....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Attempted homicide.

if i offer you 20.00 to hit yourself in the head repeatedly with a ball peen hammer and you accept, how is it attempted homicide on my part?

Im willing to bet the homeless man has some mental condition so if you had a retard do it than yes I would say attempted suicide.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  That's no "prank".

what is telling someone "there's vasaline on that toilet seat. i'll give you $5.00 if you sit on it"?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  That's no "prank".

what is telling someone "there's vasaline on that toilet seat. i'll give you $5.00 if you sit on it"?

LOL!  I don't know but that sounded funny.

I think it crosses a line when someone’s safety, health or life is directly threatened.

I mean, what if you offered him $5 to run across the interstate and bring you back a newspaper and he got hit.  Attempted murder or murder?  I don't know.  Getting someone to drink poison is wrong though IMO.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Attempted homicide.

if i offer you 20.00 to hit yourself in the head repeatedly with a ball peen hammer and you accept, how is it attempted homicide on my part?

We're not talking about a normal person, we're talking about a homeless person who very well may be mentally ill (a lot of homeless are, you know), next time you see a panhandler ask yourself if they are going to be clear, critical thinkers.

It's as twisted & malevolent as the bum fights, and the trash that would do something like this deserve everything the law can throw against them. You were an EMT, right? How can you rationalize poisoning some guy who is down on his luck?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#17]
It does not matter what the situation was, having someone drink something like that is wrong.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]
So the people saying it’s ok:

Could you whip up a batch of deadly fruit punch and drive around town paying bums to drink it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]
There will be two type of people responding to this thread. Those who live in areas with large homeless/transient populations and think the bum is an idiot.  Vs those with limited exposure to bums who will feel sorry for the poor, down on his luck, cant help it, "alcoholism is a disease..oh you poor thing" bum.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So the people saying it’s ok:

Could you whip up a batch of deadly fruit punch and drive around town paying bums to drink it?

As long as you told them what is was it should be perfectly lawfull.  However they would prolly charge you under some assisted suicide law or such.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Edit:  Sorry, you got to it in your next post
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There will be two type of people responding to this thread. Those who live in areas with large homeless/transient populations and think the bum is an idiot.  Vs those with limited exposure to bums who will feel sorry for the poor, down on his luck, cant help it, "alcoholism is a disease..oh you poor thing" bum.

Apologizing for kids feeding bums drain cleaner?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I did worse to the homeless when I was 12-13.  Didn't know any better.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#26]
So how much is $5 dollars of cleaning solution?

In my area, a gallon of 409 can be had for that much
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

And so is the "victim"  (old enough to know better)

I don't think this meets any of the modern definitions of assault.

If the definitions are changed, pretty soon I'll be charged with assault
for telling you to kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]
So now I’m wondering; could AFLAC get in trouble if you have a policy covering loss of limb/dismemberment and you go and do something where you lose fingers?  You get the payoff they promised because you went and did it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#30]
The kid is a serious scum bag for doing it.  That said, he didn't poison anyone if he told them what it was.  If I tell you to go eat rat pioson and you say "Ok" and go do it, how the hell did I assualt you or murder you?  If I add the offer of $5 does it then become murder?  If I say it, and you say "fuck off idiot" was it attempted murder?

I'm sur there are applicible laws you could charge the kid under for distributing a deadly substance as food, but murder is bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#31]
This is very sad. I remember when I was a kid (12yrs. old) in my small hometown we had an old man (alcoholic) who wandered around minding his own business, he was harmless.

The kids used to think it was funny to get him to eat stuff for a nickle, he would eat anything, some had him eat small rocks, broken glass, bugs, even dog shit!!!

I hated the little bastards that did this, I gave and took alot of asswhippings over this old man, I never stood to watch anyone being intentionally cruel to him. He was no relation to me, or anything, but even at this age I knew it wasn't right!!!

19yrs. is old enough to know cleansers and draino would severly injure or even kill this old man, they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law!!!

I have no love lost for your typical street bums, and most can take care of themselves, but there are some who can't, mental problems, alcoholism, whatever, they are still human beings and should not be abused for any reason, especially for one's own amusement!!!...

I'm not trying to hold myself out as some 'holier than thou' type, Lord knows I have my own sins to answer for, but some things are just plain wrong, everyone knows that, or at least should....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#32]
fricking wrong
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
This is very sad. I remember when I was a kid (12yrs. old) in my small hometown we had an old man (alcoholic) who wandered around minding his own business, he was harmless.

The kids used to think it was funny to get him to eat stuff for a nickle, he would eat anything, some had him eat small rocks, broken glass, bugs, even dog shit!!!

I hated the little bastards that did this, I gave and took alot of asswhippings over this old man, I never stood to watch anyone being intentionally cruel to him. He was no relation to me, or anything, but even at this age I knew it wasn't right!!!

19yrs. is old enough to know cleansers and draino would severly injure or even kill this old man, they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law!!!

I have no love lost for your typical street bums, and most can take care of themselves, but there are some who can't, mental problems, alcoholism, whatever, they are still human beings and should not be abused for any reason, especially for one's own amusement!!!...

I'm not trying to hold myself out as some 'holier than thou' type, Lord knows I have my own sins to answer for, but some things are just plain wrong, everyone knows that, or at least should....

I agree with you.  I'm willing to bet there are penalties for knowingly selling a toxic substance as food.  Even if you disclose it.  It just isn't murder though.  Maybe some kind of assisted suicide, but it ain't murder.  There was no durress, no threat of harm if he didn't drink it.  Just a kid that was a dick head and a man with no dignity left.

I won't feel sorry for the teen, but I still don't think the charge is right.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I've never understood why people fuck with the homeless.

If you don't like the way they live, leave them alone. They're miserable enough without your help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never understood why people fuck with the homeless.

If you don't like the way they live, leave them alone. They're miserable enough without your help.

because very few will leave you alone and some folks just get plain fed up with their sorry asses.

Granted, a lot of them are a PITA, but after you run them off a coupla times, they GENERALLY leave you alone.

There's a difference between running an annoying bum off and poisoning the poor bastard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#37]
What's the big deal?

We're talking about a bum, a fucking bum.

I kill them (among other worthless people) on a regular basis.

C'mon people, let's get a grip here....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#38]
the bad thing is, taxpayer money is keeping the idiot alive
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And so is the "victim"  (old enough to know better)

Very good point.  We probably all need to hear the rest of the story.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Hey i wouldn't have done it now, but still the bums a dumbass for drinking it. Ive never smelled any drain cleaner, that smells like soda beer or anything drinkable.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
WTF is wrong with people?

plain stupid
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  That's no "prank".

I think it crosses a line when someone’s safety, health or life is directly threatened.

I mean, what if you offered him $5 to run across the interstate and bring you back a newspaper and he got hit.  Attempted murder or murder?  I don't know.  Getting someone to drink poison is wrong though IMO.

I don't know....    someone that sat on that toilet seat could slip and get a nut caught. Laugh now, but you wouldn't be laughing if you were on the restroom floor on your back hanging from one nut caught between the rim and the seat.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#43]
If the bum knew it was cleaner.........then he's an idiot.......I see nothing wrong here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  That's no "prank".

I don't know....    someone that sat on that toilet seat could slip and get a nut caught. Laugh now, but you wouldn't be laughing if you were on the restroom floor on your back hanging from one nut caught between the rim and the seat.

Very true...but I'd be laughing if I was outside the stall and heard it all going on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#45]
geez guys, the bum in all likelyhood was mentally ill.  so was the kid who offered him five bucks to drink the cleaner.  Give it a break, eh?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#46]
from the Allanta Journal-Constition (liberal rag) - registeration required

www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/clayton/1205/16methenry.html

Charges upgraded in cleanser case
Alleged $5 dare puts homeless man in hospital

By RALPH ELLIS
Staff writer
Published on: 12/16/05
Criminal charges have been upgraded against a former Waffle House cook who allegedly offered a homeless man $5 to drink industrial-strength cleaner.

Quinton Wilson, 19, of Jonesboro initially was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor reckless conduct, but the more serious charge of felony aggravated battery was added Friday.

Henry County police Lt. Jason Bolton said the felony charge was lodged after investigators talked to the doctors treating Rex Leo, 50. Leo remains sedated in critical condition at Henry County Medical Center with chemical burns in his mouth, throat and internal organs, said his sister, Linda Leo.

"They are doing tests today to determine whether he lives or dies," she said. "He has internal bleeding." She paused and teared up as she considered losing her youngest brother. "Rex'll make it. He's got to."

Bolton said Wilson was charged with the misdemeanor before a medical diagnosis was made about Leo's condition.

"After speaking with the hospital over the last couple of days and because of his current condition, we felt aggravated battery was more appropriate," Bolton said, explaining that aggravated battery is charged when a suspect causes a malicious injury resulting in the loss of a body part or rendering a body part useless.

Wilson was a cook at a Waffle House on Ga. 138 in Stockbridge and Leo was one of a handful of homeless men who hung out there, Linda Leo said. Early Wednesday morning, Wilson reportedly offered Leo $5 to drink a concoction of industrial-strength cleaner. Leo did and immediately collapsed, his sister said.

Linda Leo and another brother, Bob Leo, showed up for Wilson's preliminary hearing Friday morning to hear the evidence against him. But Wilson, who was fired from Waffle House, did not appear.

Henry sheriff's officials said Wilson, released Wednesday on $550 bond, will be re-arrested on the new charge and will have to post a felony bond.

Chief Magistrate Judy Hayes bound the case over to Henry Superior Court.

I have no simpathy for these lazy assed bums, but I wouldn't do that to a broke-dicked dog....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
What's the big deal?

We're talking about a bum, a fucking bum.

I kill them (among other worthless people) on a regular basis.

Sure you do killer.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I did worse to the homeless when I was 12-13.  

You did worse than put them in the hospital?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#49]
kid needs to be locked up...

The BAD part, in case you missed it, is that he was a cook at some waffle joint.

Do you ever go to a restaurant to eat? Do you think that this is the first time the kid fed somebody "a-little-sumpin-special."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I heard that on WSB today...  Bastard..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top