Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 7:31:17 AM EDT
As you have all probably heard, there is another victim, shot in the abdomen or thereabouts.

The last accounts I saw had him still in the hospital with a bullet in him, and he was in bad shape.

Depending on where the bullet is, and what other problems he may have, it might be dangerous to try to remove it until he's in better condition, or in some cases I guess the doctors decide that it's safer to leave it in place (of course we don't know if it's even still in one piece).

Imagine the discussions that must be going on between the task force and the hospital's medical staff.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, after three attempts, we have a poll.

I kept getting a "500 Internal Server Error"

But it worked after I shortened my questions - is there a maximum length?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Point?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Boy this tin foil hat stuff runs deep here at AR15.com.

Stabilize patient, Worry about bullet later. End of story.

Chances are the bullet is in fragments despite what ever the know nothings in the media say. I'd be shocked if any of the people who have survived these shootings, do not still carry bullet fragments in their bodies, that have been deemed unrecoverable by the doctors.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a side bet re the DC shooter - (lets' avoid "sniper") Recall how the British under Churchill plotted to bring the US into WW2 by faking an attack on the Eastern seaboard ?
It strikes one that war is in the balance here and the existence of a Sadam-connected shooter/terrorist would tip public opinion and subsequently any political hold-outs towards war.
We have to keep in mind that there are a number of political entities who could benefit from the US going full - bore on the Iraq thing, including the Saudis, Israelis, etc, etc.

Q: Are there any tests on the projectile(s)which would show whether the bore of the weapon has been chrome lined - this would narrow the manufacurer list somewhat. Am I wrong in thinking that the AK type weapons are chrome- lined but US made weapons usually have 4140 steel not needing the chrome bore treatment?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a side bet re the DC shooter - (lets' avoid "sniper") Recall how the British under Churchill plotted to bring the US into WW2 by faking an attack on the Eastern seaboard ?
It strikes one that war is in the balance here and the existence of a Sadam-connected shooter/terrorist would tip public opinion and subsequently any political hold-outs towards war.
We have to keep in mind that there are a number of political entities who could benefit from the US going full - bore on the Iraq thing, including the Saudis, Israelis, etc, etc.

Q: Are there any tests on the projectile(s)which would show whether the bore of the weapon has been chrome lined - this would narrow the manufacurer list somewhat. Am I wrong in thinking that the AK type weapons are chrome- lined but US made weapons usually have 4140 steel not needing the chrome bore treatment?  
View Quote

Some GI bores were chromed.  Don't know about whether projectile tests would tell whether the bore it went through was or not, for purposes of narrowing the possibilities.  

To me, this would only benefit the mass and arbitrary examinations of firearms, which I oppose as a violation of rights and a waste of resources.

If a suspect were caught and his/her firearm found, there would be no benefit to the chrome/no chrome distinction, because the real question is whether the bullet from a victim went through that barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top