Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 7:45:01 AM EDT
Does anyone know where is the best place to get them. Im looking for something that holds IDPA/ISPC type targets. I dont want anything expensive and nothing real heavy becasue I dont want to get bit by shipping. I dont care if it folds or not just something that is sturdy and decent quality.

Thanks.
Carter.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone know where is the best place to get them. Im looking for something that holds IDPA/ISPC type targets. I dont want anything expensive and nothing real heavy becasue I dont want to get bit by shipping. I dont care if it folds or not just something that is sturdy and decent quality.

Thanks.
Carter.

Just make your own. PVC pipe is cheap.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
please see my post here.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95373
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy?

Dude, go down to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some 1 x 2 strapping and a box of cheap 1.5" wood screws. Use the cheapest strapping they have. You'll need a little over two 10' lengths for each 5' high stand. You do have a screwdriver and a saw right? (If not then turn in your "man-card" )

Step 1, build the actual holder: Cut 2 uprights whatever height you want your target at. Cut 2 crosspieces the width of the targets. Screw the crosspieces to the uprights.

Step 2, build the bases: (You're making an H-shaped piece that the holder plugs into.) Cut 4 more crosspieces. Screw two together aligned in parallel and spaced apart by a couple of scraps of 1x2. Screw the remaining 2 onto the ends perpendicular to the ends. If you space the scraps right you have a couple of pockets exactly the end of 1x2 to plug the holder into.

Time to build the first 1: 30 minutes while you figure out what the hell I'm talking about (wish I had pic's). Time to build more: 5 minutes per (with an electric screwdriver).

ETA: if you're really cheap you can skip the crosspieces on the holder part and just use a cardboard backer or cardboard targets.

The bases last forever if you don't throw them around. Replace the shot-up holders as required. Apart everything lies flat in your trunk or trunk.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buy?

Dude, go down to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some 1 x 2 strapping and a box of cheap 1.5" wood screws. Use the cheapest strapping they have. You'll need a little over two 10' lengths for each 5' high stand. You do have a screwdriver and a saw right? (If not then turn in your "man-card" )

Step 1, build the actual holder: Cut 2 uprights whatever height you want your target at. Cut 2 crosspieces the width of the targets. Screw the crosspieces to the uprights.

Step 2, build the bases: (You're making an H-shaped piece that the holder plugs into.) Cut 4 more crosspieces. Screw two together aligned in parallel and spaced apart by a couple of scraps of 1x2. Screw the remaining 2 onto the ends perpendicular to the ends. If you space the scraps right you have a couple of pockets exactly the end of 1x2 to plug the holder into.

Time to build the first 1: 30 minutes while you figure out what the hell I'm talking about (wish I had pic's). Time to build more: 5 minutes per (with an electric screwdriver).

ETA: if you're really cheap you can skip the crosspieces on the holder part and just use a cardboard backer or cardboard targets.

The bases last forever if you don't throw them around. Replace the shot-up holders as required. Apart everything lies flat in your trunk or trunk.

You could put hinges on the vertical pieces and the H stand.  That way, it will lie flat when hauled.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you misunderstood. The upright part simply slip into the base for use. Unplug them for travel or storage. They are not screwed in. Hinges are both expensive and are an unecessary complication.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top