Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 7:56:41 PM EDT
I can't get there website to work. It just comes up as page not found. Any other sites sell it.

Ahahahahahaha who ever posted a link a few weeks ago misspelled it, and i didn't know how to spell it .
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm how much was they shooting. If i used a bunch would it blow up real good. Also does it come in those little bottles.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You use a bunch you can kill yourself...It IS an explosive.

Quoted:
Hmmm how much was they shooting. If i used a bunch would it blow up real good. Also does it come in those little bottles.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Lets just say its not a good idea to shoot a 55 gal drum full, at 300 yards.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Which is what I want to do, but cant afford it.  

Quoted:
Lets just say its not a good idea to shoot a 55 gal drum full, at 300 yards.....

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
What about  a coke can full, how much bang would that be .
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Enough to kill you...... Its an explosive...  small amounts go boom, bigger amounts go bigger boom....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I mean i'm not going to be holding it Would it rip a metal pot to junk, or just launch it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
It will blow up.....Like a grenade.....Small metal pieces flying everywhere.

Quoted:
I mean i'm not going to be holding it Would it rip a metal pot to junk, or just launch it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's your definitian of "a bunch"?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on how stupid you are.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's your definitian of "a bunch"?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
bunch[/red

Not sure, how big is the bottles the targets come in. Maybe like 2.5 of them compressed with boosters
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
bunch[/red

Not sure, how big is the bottles the targets come in. Maybe like 2.5 of them compressed with boosters

Boosters?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Maybe you don't need to be buying the stuff.

Put it in a soda bottle, or similar PLASTIC bottle.  NEVER NEVER in Glass and Metal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have any idea what you are talking about

Yes i do. I grew up with dynamite so i know how to be safe and have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It is fun when there are no (metal) projectiles.... the coke can thing can hurt someone bad....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I need pics and videos of Tannerite going off. As I am trying to get my distributorship up and running.  I would like to show them to the Tannerite Virgins.

Please Email them to tanneritekid(remove me)@gmail.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
the coke can thing can hurt someone bad

Used for size reference only. OK how about a paper towel tube packed full.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
the coke can thing can hurt someone bad

Used for size reference only. OK how about a paper towel tube packed full.

I love doing 32oz Gatorade bottles full.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gotta spell it right

TANNERITE Kicks ASS

It will kick a 5 gal propane bottle 200 feet up with 2 bottles

I LUV TANNERITEheadbang.gif
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fun when there are no (metal) projectiles.... the coke can thing can hurt someone bad....

with my experiance with tannerite: pop cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, even tin cans are literly
abliterated into fragmints that would be so small that it wouldnt travel beyond fifty feet to hurt any one..........PHYSICS
that stuff explodes at miles per second
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bunch[/red

Boosters?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Maybe you don't need to be buying the stuff.

Put it in a soda bottle, or similar PLASTIC bottle.  NEVER NEVER in Glass and Metal.

We had a fun time at the recent Virginia shoot with putting the tannerite on metal paint cans from 50 yards away.  Bye bye paint can.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

with my experiance with tannerite: pop cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, even tin cans are literly
abliterated into fragmints that would be so small that it wouldnt travel beyond fifty feet to hurt any one..........PHYSICS
that stuff explodes at miles per second

Just ask 1GR

I think I still have that video
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#25]
What types of accidental initiation is likely to set off Tannerite ?  I'm just wondering about the safety precautions.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What types of accidental initiation is likely to set off Tannerite ?  I'm just wondering about the safety precautions.  

Has to be hit with a high velocity bullet. banging it with a hammer, or lighting it on fire won't do anything. It is very safe, in my experience. I shake the hell out of the bottles to make sure they are mixed good enough.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I can't get there website to work. It just comes up as page not found. Any other sites sell it.

Ahahahahahaha who ever posted a link a few weeks ago misspelled it, and i didn't know how to spell it .

It's late, but I was just thinking that if you can't get "there website to work" or find any info here or on the web about it, you should probably just leave it alone and stick to dynamite.
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Website works fine, someone misspelled it. Whats the lowest volecty that would set it off. Anyway to set it off without shooting it. Like maybe half ounce gun power on top with a small 32 cal ball.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
It has to be a center fire Rifle, Full Metal Jacket.  Pistol rounds will not set it off.

.223 will set it off all day long.  Also you don't have to mix multiple bottles together to get it to go off.  They can be ducked taped together, or just sitting there if needed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I have shot Tannerite with a 100% success rate using 5.45x39.5mm FMJ ammo, FWIW.

There is a Tannerite forum here as well.

ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=175

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top