Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 11:46:19 AM EDT
Kerry said in the debate:

Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive, this president was asked, "Where is Osama bin Laden?" He said, "I don't know. I don't really think about him very much. I'm not that concerned."

Bush's exact quote was, "I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run."

Kerry insinuated that Bush wasn't concerned with catching him, didn't think he was importnat, and would just as soon let him go.  What Bush meant, obviously, was that Laden is not a threat because he has no funds, no people, no home, etc, so it doesn't make a difference if we catch him now or later.  But if we let off the pressure and stop chasing him, he could regain power.

I hate the news media for not pointing this out!  Even Fox did not explain it!  They just pointed out that Bush did in fact say that quote.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
When you have the Red, White and Blue 1 on yo' arse you don't have time to stop and smell the roses!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Brian Williams on NBC just got done complaining about the "nusaince level" quotes being taken out of context (they weren't) and then ripped right into Bush for denying that he ever said Osama bin Laden wasn't a big deal.  It was OBVIOUS that Williams WAS TAKING THE PRESIDENT OUT OF CONTEXT when he played the video clip.  The President said the lines, and then they dropped the sound out right after he 'proved' Kerry's point.  Only one problem, Bush didn't even finish the sentance and after the volume on the video was muted, he was still OBVIOUSLY finishing his thought.

What was the FULL context here, Brian?  Fucker!

If I were there, I would have punched Williams right in the throat!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If I were there, I would have punched Williams right in the throat!

Don't stop with Williams. You would have a long list of liberal media pukes in need of throat punches. They almost ALL do the same one sided BS. Ron Reagan could use a shovel to the face.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It was taken out of context (the nuisance comment)

He was clearly talking about winning the WOT, so that terror was a nuisance, not the biggest threat we face, because terrorism can never be totally erradicated.

He was clearly not saying that terrorism should be treated as a nuisance now.

There's BS on both sides, both what they say about themselves and the other guy.

Bush said he wasn't too concerned about Bin-laden. That was FU whether you support him or not, admit it.

And no I'm no Kerry supporter, I'm just getting really tired of the BS.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kerry said in the debate:

Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive, this president was asked, "Where is Osama bin Laden?" He said, "I don't know. I don't really think about him very much. I'm not that concerned."

Bush's exact quote was, "I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run."

Kerry insinuated that Bush wasn't concerned with catching him, didn't think he was importnat, and would just as soon let him go.  What Bush meant, obviously, was that Laden is not a threat because he has no funds, no people, no home, etc, so it doesn't make a difference if we catch him now or later.  But if we let off the pressure and stop chasing him, he could regain power.

I hate the news media for not pointing this out!  Even Fox did not explain it!  They just pointed out that Bush did in fact say that quote.

How is it that when Bush screws up we find ways to excuse it but when Kerry screws up we crucify him?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top