Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 11:13:40 AM EDT
 I don't want my serious thread junked up by any other whacko jockey who hates the NRA, the Republicans, apple pie, etc.

So, here you go...take your gripes here, and save the serious anti-AWB thread for just that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Here, I will go first:

Since most of the NRA is made up of hunters, they tend to focus much of their resources on this, rather than black rifle owners.  Now, many black rifle owners don't want to join the NRA, but damnit, the NRA should still help them out.

Hmmm- that's another problem--not enough BR owners are active enough to actually join the NRA and write their elected officials.  Must be the measly 35 dollar fee and the new 37 cent postage rates.....sure.  

Also, 90% of the gun owners in this country are not NRA members...that's my main problem with the NRA---we aren't big enough!

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Look here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=130066&page=1
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The NRA hasn't got rid of ALL gun laws in one fell swoop. Therefore, it is part of a government/NWO/illuminati/UN plot to take away my RKBA.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
No thanks, that's why I started this thread.  Keep the bullshit off of my serious thread, and use this one for the debating aspect.

Regardless of how you feel about them politically, the NRA trains and teaches more people about the safe use of firearms than any other organization in the world.  

How about telling us what YOU like about the NRA...  

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The NRA hasn't got rid of ALL gun laws in one fell swoop. Therefore, it is part of a government/NWO/illuminati/UN plot to take away my RKBA.  
View Quote

In America, 4 million people out of 250 million cannont do anything in one "fell swoop."

Sorry you had that impression, but the NRA is not God.  Now, if 80 million gun owners in the US all were NRA members...yeah, "fell swoop" would be an understatement.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I myself am not a memeber of any firearm group, NRA, GOA or the like. I have nothing against them or their members as most of them do a lot to help people like firearm education. After I got out of the Army, the world started changing for me. I saw a lot of gun groups come under massive liberal harassment because of their views and political positions. It seemed to me that although belonging to one of those groups would not be a bad thing, I didn't see eye to eye with some of their views and just decided to be one of America's "silent voters", you know part of the other millions that own weapons and don't belong to the NRA. I still vote pro-gun and make my views known to others, I just don't want to fly anyone's flag but the stars and stripes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Js, try not to let rationale rule over emotion all the time, you stand out too much.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#9]
JsArc,
Thanks for being so candid-  
However, now is not the time to be the Lone Ranger.  After 2004, if the NRA doesn't deliver for you- then drop us like a bad habit.

All I ask is that you give the NRA a year (that's plenty of time to be hooked on the magazine American Rifleman for life).  

Joining an organization does not imply that you agree 100.00% with everything that the organization does.  Any organization made up of human beings will have some degree of individual thought.  I just happen to agree with about 75% of the NRA's views, so that is enough for me.  

Please rethink your support of the NRA- you may be happily surprised in 2004.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm an NRA life member.  I'm not impressed with what they are doing for us, they help the hunters because hunters make up most of their members.  

If a million or two people signed up this year, filled out the survey as non-hunting military style rifle owners I bet you would see some change in the direction the NRA is taking.
View Quote

WE HAVE A WINNER--- THANK YOU SHADOWBLADE  

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

In America, 4 million people out of 250 million cannont do anything in one "fell swoop."

Sorry you had that impression, but the NRA is not God.  Now, if 80 million gun owners in the US all were NRA members...yeah, "fell swoop" would be an understatement.
View Quote

Use your brain.  He was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]
 Use your brain and go live in a free state--

I don't know Avtomat from Adam, and judging from "WLF," I assumed he was a foreigner.  He made a statement that many others on this board have made (only more seriously)---and I responded to that statement in the hopes that those people would be illuminated by the response.

Where the hell is "WLF" anyway???  
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I am always willing to give the NRA and other groups a chance. I just don't understand how my involvement will better their, excuse me, our cause any more than what I already do. I vote pro-gun, I vote for pro-gun representatives and attend most pro-gun functions (outside of NRA, GOA, etc.). Outside of letting me know when the next elections or bill is up for vote, what can they as a group do for me? I am aware of their lobbists and efforts in congress and am just interested in what "perks" there are that make my life as a gun owner better. I know it sounds like nitpicking, but I can talk guns all day at work with the ex-army guys who work with me as FX TD's and at the gun shop.

And for those who see it in me, I'm always rational. It keeps me employed and out of jail. My old DI told me long ago that emotion is left in the movie theater watchin' ET die.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am always willing to give the NRA and other groups a chance. I just don't understand how my involvement will better their, excuse me, our cause any more than what I already do. I vote pro-gun, I vote for pro-gun representatives and attend most pro-gun functions (outside of NRA, GOA, etc.). Outside of letting me know when the next elections or bill is up for vote, what can they as a group do for me?
View Quote

Check out my "Urgent" post.  There, you will find links to explore on the NRA.  

You do understand the importance of lobbying, right?  Without individual members, there ceases to be a "group."  Without a vocal "group," what the hell politician knows who the hell you are or why you voted for or against him?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Big B, keep the faith bro. You are free.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
They say that Arizona is nice this time of year...

Seriously, Kali is lost ground.

When I visited in 1998, some Northern Kali residents were contemplating secession for norther CA, and calling the new state "Jefferson."

Any word on whether this is still the case?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I am getting tired of the NRA office holders becoming nothing more than an "old boy club", by changing the charter to keep their people in and also using MEMBER'S DUES for "don't vote for these candidate" campaign ads like they did to Neal Knox. If La Pierre and the rest of these people are not booted out I see the NRA becoming just like the "Old Guard" (pro-hunters and skeet shooters, anti-everything else) that the current leadership vowed to change.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Ditto what Imbroglio said there (for once).  

I do see LaPiere as a loser who should step down.  Heston may be getting a little too much as well.  

Who do you suggest to replace them?  

The problem is, they must be good Patriots, good speakers, good looking, intelligent, financially responsible, etc.  Finding all of these traits in the correct combination is a tough chore indeed.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Sweep, you lovable old bastard---you got me!

Done and done.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Big Bear makes a valid point. What of the people in heavily controlled states like California? It seems to me that Californians have almost no incentive to join the NRA thanks to all the legislation. That was one of the things that sort of turned me away from the NRA also. Is the NRA going to loosen or repeal the laws that exsist? My opinion says no, they will just "soften the impact" of the new legislation.

Also, the NRA is seen by a lot of non-gunowners as "radical" or "subversive" to the good of the nation just because they support guns. Most of my non-gunowner friends see the NRA as almost a 5th collumnist element. I think that the NRA needs to somehow break the stereotype that they are a bunch of beer swilling, buck tootheed trigger happy so and sos and in my opinion statements like "from my cold, dead hands Mr. president" don't help matters.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#23]
 Point well made JsAR- I would think that the debacle in CA would make folks MORE inclined to join the NRA.

The old argument that used to go sorta like: "Man, don't worry, the government doesn't want to ban your guns."  This really doesn't hold H20 anymore after what has happened to CA.

You see what I mean here?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#24]
How funny that even when you give debaters a chance to voice their concerns about the NRA with a new thread (this one), they will still reply to the old thread that has nothing to do with debating.

Reading comprehension must be at an all time high these days in high school and junior college...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Use your brain.  He was being sarcastic.
View Quote
Gee, I thought I went out of my way to make it obvious I was sarcastic. I mean, everyone knows that the NWO and the illuminati are mortal enemies, and, therefore, the NRA could not be in a plot with BOTH. (heads up: there is sarcasism in this post)
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Avtomat, Pal, I stopped reading your rant after the word: "government."

Others on this board say the same thing in a serious tone of voice, believe it or not.

PS- I do see the humor anyhow...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ditto what Imbroglio said there (for once).  

I do see LaPiere as a loser who should step down.  Heston may be getting a little too much as well.  

Who do you suggest to replace them?  

The problem is, they must be good Patriots, good speakers, good looking, intelligent, financially responsible, etc.  Finding all of these traits in the correct combination is a tough chore indeed.  
View Quote

In short, they must be [b]GOA![/b]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Life Member

Letter Writer

Asshole

I Am All Three.....

[asshole]

where are the code mavens when u need um???
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm an NRA life member.  I'm not impressed with what they are doing for us, they help the hunters because hunters make up most of their members.  

If a million or two people signed up this year, filled out the survey as non-hunting military style rifle owners I bet you would see some change in the direction the NRA is taking.
View Quote

WE HAVE A WINNER--- THANK YOU SHADOWBLADE  

View Quote

Horseshit, this already happened after the '94 ban....
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Point well made JsAR- I would think that the debacle in CA would make folks MORE inclined to join the NRA.
View Quote

Actually, the debacle in CA has made folks MORE inclined to write off CA as a lost cause... like you for example. Who in their right mind wants to spend $35 a year for a lost cause? To be honest with you, I was a NRA voting member up until about a year ago, when I let my membership lapse. I pretty much quit getting involved in fighting for RKBA too. Call me jaded, but it's not easy to keep up the fight when the battle cry from gun owners in every other state is "retreat!" (i.e. "move to a free state" [rolleyes]
View Quote

This is our winner....Thank you Big Bear!

When MD, NJ, NY, CA, IL, HI, MA, MI, CA (and other states soon to come) go down the shitter when it pertains to freedom, the rest of Americas gun owners collectively say "Isn't that a shame!  Must suck to live in MD/NJ/NY/CA/IL/HI/MA/MI/CA.  Hey, why don't you move to a 'free state'."  Pisses me off.

What are we going to do when the whole country is a "lost cause"?  Where the f*ck do we all move then?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Avtomat, Pal, I stopped reading your rant after the word: "government."

Others on this board say the same thing in a serious tone of voice, believe it or not.

PS- I do see the humor anyhow...
View Quote

[;)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
 I don't want my serious thread junked up by any other whacko jockey who hates the NRA, the Republicans, apple pie, etc.

View Quote

I dislike Republicans, yet I greatly appreciate the NRA.  Am I the exception?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#35]
BigBear We hear you roar,and know what you say is true, As I have a sister and two nephews and a neice who live in Seal Beach.   They hate guns and me for owning them,  What can we do to help your cause?

Bob  
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
[b]Paul[/b] As a moderator, you should know the rules.
NO GRAPHIC OR OBSCENE PICTURES
[img]http://feinstein.senate.gov/dfmtpress.jpg[/img][/quote]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:59:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You go ahead and think of that paper as a survey.

I know a government form when I see one.

Fuck the NRA.

I too WAS a lifer,but after Wayne's bullshit over the last 4 years,I see no difference in him and Klinton.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#38]
The NRA is the only thing between burying your property(guns)in the backyard and continuing to enjoy them like today. .
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Huh...dissipator556 hasn't been around this thread in a few days to answer up, but his "NO Arguments" thread is still tacked at the top, isn't it? Color me unsurprised.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I too WAS a lifer,but after Wayne's bullshit over the last 4 years,I see no difference in him and Klinton.
View Quote

Is that why LaPierre said "Clinton NEEDS a certain level of gun violence, to advance his gun control agenda" ????

[rolleyes]

I'm of the opinion LaPierre is a lightweight. But to equate him to Clinton is...well....just juvenile stipidity.

And dude, by "lifer" we don't mean the state pen.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top