Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 6:06:54 PM EDT
I have had a T-Mobile cell phone for two months.

The service is the absolute worst.

I have sat on the phone with them for hours while they try to figure out what's wrong with my service.

They say they won't cancel the service unless I pay them an early termination fee of $200.

I have to wait 1/2 hour to talk to their operators.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

THEY TOTALLY SUCK IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Undeniable Technology Truth # 275: All mobile phone companies suck, in one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
But the girl in the ads is hot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I work all over the state at times and have found my personal AllTel account is about the best.  My work phone used to be Verizon, and now we have Sprint for work.  I also have several coworkers who use Nextel.  I can safely say my AllTel service is as consistent if not more so than any of the other three I just listed.  Verizon was OK, and Sprint is absolutely horrible.    Give me Alltel's coverage in NW Ohio along with Nextel's direct connect.  If you live/work in the big cities then most phones work fine.  It's those of us out in the rural parts that get screwed sometimes.

Yes I agree, all companies suck to some degree.

I went in to the Alltel store yesterday to re-up my plan and get new phones- they said I couldn't do it because I was 2 DAYS outside of my window to renew my contract/get new phones.  WTF?  I asked if they could override that little bit of time, they said no way no how!  It was 1 hour before closing and the manager wasn't there...

ETA:  Does ANYONE have experience with alltel's PTT walkie talkie feature?  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No complaints here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
no problem with verizon.   alot of problems with sprint
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Cingular isn't too bad....I've had worse. I still get some dropped calls, but all in all for the technology involved, it ain't bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cingular isn't too bad....I've had worse. I still get some dropped calls, but all in all for the technology involved, it ain't bad.

+1, but I think I will go with Verizon nextjust because everyone seams to have that...(free "in" calling)...also they have very good coverage and I hate my cingular voicemail (can't delete the message until you listen to the whole damn thing...not so with my friends that have Verizon).
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,  I hate my cingular voicemail (can't delete the message until you listen to the whole damn thing...not so with my friends that have Verizon).

I have cingular and I can delete a voice message mid stream.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I work all over the state at times and have found my personal AllTel account is about the best.  My work phone used to be Verizon, and now we have Sprint for work.  I also have several coworkers who use Nextel.  I can safely say my AllTel service is as consistent if not more so than any of the other three I just listed.  Verizon was OK, and Sprint is absolutely horrible.    Give me Alltel's coverage in NW Ohio along with Nextel's direct connect.  If you live/work in the big cities then most phones work fine.  It's those of us out in the rural parts that get screwed sometimes.

Yes I agree, all companies suck to some degree.

I went in to the Alltel store yesterday to re-up my plan and get new phones- they said I couldn't do it because I was 2 DAYS outside of my window to renew my contract/get new phones.  WTF?  I asked if they could override that little bit of time, they said no way no how!  It was 1 hour before closing and the manager wasn't there...

my alltell sucks
ETA:  Does ANYONE have experience with alltel's PTT walkie talkie feature?  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, but I think I will go with Verizon nextjust because everyone seams to have that...(free "in" calling)...also they have very good coverage and I hate my cingular voicemail (can't delete the message until you listen to the whole damn thing...not so with my friends that have Verizon).

it's 3, 3 and then 7.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hate my cingular voicemail (can't delete the message until you listen to the whole damn thing...not so with my friends that have Verizon).

Do you press "7" to delete the message at the end?  If so, pressing "77" during the message should stop playback and delete it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No complaints here.

+1

No problems.  User error Red65?

G
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Verizon is the best in my area.

T-mobile doesn't have as good as a system around here, they attract people with their high minute plans and roll-over minutes.

The plan itself is good for people who don't have house phones and use a cell-phone for everything.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Whats the problem with your service?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#15]
depends on the area you are in. At home I had great service with T mobile. When I went away sometimes I couldnt even make a call
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I have had T-mobile forever and have no complaints. 3000 anytime minutes for $70 a month. I can't afford to change.

You do need to make sure you live in thier call area before sign up. I have a friend that does not and has no service at his house.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#17]
In my experience people dont undestand how cellular works and have unreasonable expectations.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#18]
pre dbltap
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Friends, I've had a cell phone since the mid 80's.  All plans, all companies, and all the BS.

After years of "free nightime minutes -  and unlimited weekend minutes,  - coast to coast free long distance  - and all the other hype ( along with a average $250 a month cell bill), I switched to a TracFone - and boy has my life been easier since.  

I know what I have, what I'll spend and there is no bill in the mail to shock me every month.

F*ck the big cell co's - they've gotten like the cable company with the amount of crap they can charge you for.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have had a T-Mobile cell phone for two months.

The service is the absolute worst.

I have sat on the phone with them for hours while they try to figure out what's wrong with my service.

They say they won't cancel the service unless I pay them an early termination fee of $200.

I have to wait 1/2 hour to talk to their operators.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

THEY TOTALLY SUCK IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE!!!

It's a contract, they provide service, you pay the bill.  If they don't provide service, you don't pay the bill.  Go to a local store, preferably the one you got it from, and tell them you wan't a new phone, service that works, or out of the contract.  If they say no, then work your way up the chain.  Most of the time you will get something.  Don't accept anything other than what you wan't.  Though definatly go through your contract and make sure you have something to stand on.  Though you can make a stink anyways.  Don't be mean, but let them know you feel like you have been ripped off, you basicly have been.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have had T-mobile forever and have no complaints. 3000 anytime minutes for $70 a month. I can't afford to change.

You do need to make sure you live in thier call area before sign up. I have a friend that does not and has no service at his house.

T-Mo does have less overall coverage than some other carriers, but where it is, it's great.

If the OP's service sucked, he should have cancelled during his buyer's remorse period.

Quoted:
It's a contract, they provide service, you pay the bill.  If they don't provide service, you don't pay the bill.  

He is being provided a service, his account and mobile number are proof of that. Service <> coverage, and no contract on ANY carrier has a coverage guarantee.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
In my experience people dont undestand how cellular works and have unreasonable expectations.

This is absolutely the truth. Everybody expects wireless service to act like wireline service, because when wireless works, it works just as well (if not better than) as wireline.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I was so happy with my phone that I got a second one, of course I got totally $crewed by t-mobile on that one
when I was looking for a different vendor, they all said that t-mobile has the BEST reputation........
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Verizon has great coverage if you live in So Cal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]

I use the Star-Trek communicator myself.   No dropped calls to the mothership.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It's a contract, they provide service, you pay the bill.  If they don't provide service, you don't pay the bill.  Go to a local store, preferably the one you got it from, and tell them you wan't a new phone, service that works, or out of the contract.  If they say no, then work your way up the chain.  Most of the time you will get something.  Don't accept anything other than what you wan't.  Though definatly go through your contract and make sure you have something to stand on.  Though you can make a stink anyways.  Don't be mean, but let them know you feel like you have been ripped off, you basicly have been.

Exactly.  I was able to shitcan a mobile contract once by claiming contract breach.  There was no coverage within a significant portion of the coverage area, and I would be hit with roaming fees in the non-roaming area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I dropped t-mobile two months ago and couldn't be happier.  I used to drop over half my calls, now only very occasionally do I drop a call with Cingular.

With cellular it depends on the market, some do better than others in a particular area.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top