Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 2:26:24 PM EDT
Celebrated Passover Wed. evening - it was awesome.  

Looking forward to Resurrection Sunday and celebrating Yeshua Ha Mashiach!

Happy Resurrection day season!

To all my brothers:   Next year in Jerusalem!  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I think.

Are you a 'Messianic Jew'?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I am a grafted in branch.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here, and same to ya!  My wife and I lead tours over there, so we'll be in Jerusalem in mid November.  Not the same as being there for Pesach, but still pretty good.

Shabbat Shalom!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
OI VEY! So this is the new "fad" now, celebrating Passover even though you are a Christian?? I guess pagan symbols of bunnies and eggs is'nt good enough for people anymore? Whats a matta? Turns out the jews were right all along???? DAHAYNU!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OI VEY! So this is the new "fad" now, celebrating Passover even though you are a Christian?? I guess pagan symbols of bunnies and eggs is'nt good enough for people anymore? Whats a matta? Turns out the jews were right all along???? DAHAYNU!

Jesus tapdancing Christ... who cares if Christians mingle with Jews?

Just keep the ragheads out of the party and we'll all be fine.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
according to Iran, Israel will soon be gone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And according to Israel, Iran will soon be gone.

Woody
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And according to Israel, Iran will soon be gone.

Woody

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Be glad you dont live near me when the Feast of Trumpets comes along...

The Shofar horn gets alot of sounding.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Oh Noes!  How long will you be banned?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nah....been celebrating Passover since 1979.  I like it from a historical, spiritual perspective.  Our Communion is but a small portion of the Passover meal.  Its a lot more involved, celebrating the deliverance of the Hebrews from Egypt.  

It all points to the Messiah when you study its elements - pretty cool stuff.  Jesus is the greek version of Yeshua.  The rest of the Jewish week after Pesach (Passover) is the Feast of Unleavened Bread.  Middle way of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the third day after Pesach, is the Feast of First Fruits - which is our Resurrection Day or Easter if thats what you choose to call it.

All in all, bunnys and eggs have little to do with the true meaning of easter - but thats a whole church history lesson in itself.  

Celebrating Passover is not a requirement for us - its a great lesson time and helps put things in perspective for me.

As far as the Jews being right - Jesus was a Jew.  He was right.  Most of the early church was Jewish at the time so lots of the Jews got it right!  Even so, they are a special people to me - I owe a debt to them as keepers of God's Word down thru the ages.

Again, Next Year in Jerusalem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nah....been celebrating Passover since 1979.  I like it from a historical, spiritual perspective.  Our Communion is but a small portion of the Passover meal.  Its a lot more involved, celebrating the deliverance of the Hebrews from Egypt.  

It all points to the Messiah when you study its elements - pretty cool stuff.  Jesus is the greek version of Yeshua.  The rest of the Jewish week after Pesach (Passover) is the Feast of Unleavened Bread.  Middle way of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the third day after Pesach, is the Feast of First Fruits - which is our Resurrection Day or Easter if thats what you choose to call it.

All in all, bunnys and eggs have little to do with the true meaning of easter - but thats a whole church history lesson in itself.  

Celebrating Passover is not a requirement for us - its a great lesson time and helps put things in perspective for me.

As far as the Jews being right - Jesus was a Jew.  He was right.  Most of the early church was Jewish at the time so lots of the Jews got it right!  Even so, they are a special people to me - I owe a debt to them as keepers of God's Word down thru the ages.

Again, Next Year in Jerusalem.

I think it's just that the "new" thing now is for Evangelical protestants from like Kansas, who do'nt even know any jews to try and "emulate" certain aspects of Judaism, like celebrating passover, but they wont do Yom Kippor . And they can't do it right they have to put it into a Christian perspective, uggh annoying! Like somehow Jesus parted the waters or something. How do they even have a proper Haggadah?? What Rebbi wrote that Haggadah? "rabbi" John Anderson from Iowa? I would 'nd mind but it seems like Christians Dont even understand basic principles of Judaism yet they are gonna do Passover? That is insulting and a little bit arrogant. Also i noticed that a lot of these "fake jews" like to pretend they are Jewish so they can "evagelise" to Jews and somehow trick them into thinking "i was a jew and i found Jesus so can you"! fucking liars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Oh Noes!  How long will you be banned?  

Didn't know that word was on the "ban" list.  I don't think it is.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]
t-sox,

How long have you had this hatred of Christians?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, the Jews can't even do Yom Kippur correctly.  No temple.

Also, most of them I know that observe Passover don't eat lamb.  They buy a lamb bone and make soup.  They won't eat lamb until they can do it right.

For me, its a recognition of the heritage - the roots of the Christian faith.  Most of this has been lost  or distorted down thru the years by the church.

No arrogance intended or felt.  The more I dig into it, the more I see the completion down thru the Scriptures of God's design.  

Many Jews celebrate Christmas.  I don't see that as arrogant or sickening.  Its a meeting point between my faith and theirs since there is a connection there.

No offense intended to you.  

Next Year in Jerusalem.

Edited to add:  The rabbi from Iowa part was funny.  I see your point.  Its just not where I am coming from.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Happy Pesach to all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top