[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
In keeping with the limerick thread

There once was a man named Lew
Who built great firearms for the crew

Commissioned to build a new gun
He took the money and run
And never said fuck-off or screw you!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, something really fucked up must have happened to Tippie. Hope you get what your owed TBS.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Tippie, come on. You might be hitting a rough spot, but there's NO REASON to do this. As a Marine and as a businessman, you should know better than this.

Correct this now, Tippie, or no one else on this board will be doing business with you anytime soon.

TBS: Sorry to hear that all this fell through. I thought Lew was going to hold to his word, I really did. As it's looking, I think you've just been conned and unless you go to court - I don't think you'll be seeing any money. I HOPE I am wrong and that Tippie makes a smart move and refunds you ASAP.

(BTW, any chance Tippie is a former employee of Joeken?)
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That was the LAST chance.

Oh, most definately, Mike.

Tippie won't give you any money unless the small claims court Judge bitchslaps him and throws his wallet to you. A sad state of affairs, but Tippie had his chances - and he delivered nothing from what I've heard.

Tippie, as far as I'm concerned, your business dealings on this site are dead... Since no person that has read these threads will do business with you, unless they want to see their money disappear. You had multiple chances to correct this, and you proved to be a man that will break his word just to better himself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Mike
A shooting friend of mine sent an upper and a Kreiger barrel to Tippie last Sept. to have the barrel installed and have Tippie put new sights on. That was the last he has seen of his parts. He has not heard anything from Tippie since last Jan. Shoot me an email if you want more info.

JB
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In keeping with the limerick thread

There once was a man named Lew
Who built great firearms for the crew

Commissioned to build a new gun
He took the money and run
And never said fuck-off or screw you!!!!

Thanks i needed that!

Thats why I posted it....Good luck Mike
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]
link to orig. thread?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#20]
It's pretty stupid to do this to somebody who frequents AR15.COM let alone a Moderator on AR15.Com, let alone The_Beer_Slayer on AR15.COM...........

Lew, what's up?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#21]
TBS, this has been going on for a long time; sorry you got screwed.

There has been a lot of bad mojo going on around here lately with the Model 1 sales fiasco and this (and Jokin', Interordnance, etc.). Why does it always seem to be a higher proportion of problems in the gun industry than in other industries? I have a black list of firearm manufacturers and retailers as long as my arm that is starting to move down towards my leg. And it is pissing me off. Looks like I can add one more company to the list.

Anyways, good luck with getting your money back (probably gonna miss the October shoot, but will try to catch up with you boys this winter).

-Juice Out
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#22]
tag.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Aw, crap, not this again.  

Sorry to hear that Mike.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
link to orig. thread?

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270900&page=1
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
link to orig. thread?

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270900&page=1

made link hot
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270900&page=1
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#28]
T_B_S, sorry this hasn't been resolved yet...hope it works out and you get that M1A in some way, shape, or manner.

Marc
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#29]
So when is this guy supposed to build this fucking M14?  In his BEQ room at night while he's traveling TDY  around the country training soldiers to have better marksmanship skills to use in the war?  Maybe he could put his work bench in his duffel bag and set it up on the pool table in the day room?

A lot of small businesses don't have a lot of cash on hand.  When the owner/operator/sole employee get's called to active duty it puts the owner in the bind of having NO FUCKING TIME to honor his commitments and NO READY CASH to pay back all pending business.

Luckily theres something called the Soldier and Sailor's Protective Act to somewhat keep the vultures at bay.  Unfortunately it can't keep the vultures silent, you can hear them wailing on the internet.

Soldiers are dying and being mutilated for the war.  Some Reserve and Guard Soldiers are going on deployments that ruin businesses, destroy finances and break marriages.

Soldiers are paying those kind of prices for the war, but Beer_Slayer can't wait 'till the end of Tippie's deployment and a little while after to get his fucking rifle, he wants it now, Tippies activated status be damned.  If the guy is trying to have his family subsist on a greatly reduced income then fuck it, maybe they should skip eating for a while.

This is a Support The Troops, Back The War website.  Bullshit!  You guys support the war but only if it causes you zero pain and you don't have to make any sacrifices at all.  I bet if you employed a Guardsman or Reservist you wouldn't do shit to protect his job if it cost you a buck or inconvenienced you in any way.

Shit , in WWII civilians put up with rationing and mobilization of all industry.  In the Global War On Terrorism civilians can't even be inconvenienced by a mobilized soldier.

All you band wagon fucks that pile on with no dog in the fight are the worst.  You need to just fuck off.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So when is this guy supposed to build this fucking M14?  In his BEQ room at night while he's traveling TDY  around the country training soldiers to have better marksmanship skills to use in the war?  Maybe he could put his work bench in his duffel bag and set it up on the pool table in the day room?

A lot of small businesses don't have a lot of cash on hand.  When the owner/operator/sole employee get's called to active duty it puts the owner in the bind of having NO FUCKING TIME to honor his commitments and NO READY CASH to pay back all pending business.

Luckily theres something called the Soldier and Sailor's Protective Act to somewhat keep the vultures at bay.  Unfortunately it can't keep the vultures silent, you can hear them wailing on the internet.

Soldiers are dying and being mutilated for the war.  Some Reserve and Guard Soldiers are going on deployments that ruin businesses, destroy finances and break marriages.

Soldiers are paying those kind of prices for the war, but Beer_Slayer can't wait 'till the end of Tippie's deployment and a little while after to get his fucking rifle, he wants it now, Tippies activated status be damned.  If the guy is trying to have his family subsist on a greatly reduced income then fuck it, maybe they should skip eating for a while.

This is a Support The Troops, Back The War website.  Bullshit!  You guys support the war but only if it causes you zero pain and you don't have to make any sacrifices at all.  I bet if you employed a Guardsman or Reservist you wouldn't do shit to protect his job if it cost you a buck or inconvenienced you in any way.

Shit , in WWII civilians put up with rationing and mobilization of all industry.  In the Global War On Terrorism civilians can't even be inconvenienced by a mobilized soldier.

All you band wagon fucks that pile on with no dog in the fight are the worst.  You need to just fuck off.

What the fuck? Now being in the military is an excuse for ripping people off? The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act protects troops from being screwed by creditors, it doesn't give them a free pass to take anyones money for services, spend it, and not provide said services. The issue here is far beyond one of time constraints and money. TBS said several times in the original thread that a simple email could have stopped all of this. He was promised his money which he evidently has not recieved. He isn't a "vulture" preying on some GI who is down on his luck. He is a customer who has been treated unfairly, and now simply wants what is his. Mike has gone out of his way to be nice to this guy, ignoring the advise of many here, myself included, to contact Tippie's CO and fuck up his world. In return he has gotten the shaft. Who the fuck are you to come here and give him shit for trying to get what is rightfully his?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Rabid_Coyote...

A lot of small businesses don't have a lot of cash on hand. When the owner/operator/sole employee get's called to active duty it puts the owner in the bind of having NO FUCKING TIME to honor his commitments and NO READY CASH to pay back all pending business.

So that gave him the right to spend Beerslayer's money without delivering a product or services in return???

That excuses his ducking of TBS for months at a time & lying to him about when he will finally make good on his commitments?

I don't think so!

I support our brave troops just as much as the next patriot, but it's past time for Tippie to man up & make things right! Either send TBS a FULL REFUND OF HIS $$$ NOW, or a fucking level with the guy & let him know that you spent his money & that he will see restitution eventually!

Avoidance, excuses, and LIES are not the way to handle this situation!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Dude, if you can't do the work, give back the fucking money!

Do not defend this idiot. He has had plently of time to right this wrong and has consistently lied and not done what is right. Just because he has been called up to take care of his country, does not mean that he can commit theft by deception.

I support the troops, I support my country, I support my President, and I support this war. I DO NOT SUPPORT THIEVES AND LIARS!!!!

Mike is good people and has tolerated way too much. We do have a dog in this fight, our friend Mike.
So, who are you to come into this and bump your gums?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]

I guess "vulture" was a poor choice of word.  I just take this personally because I've seen citizen soldier/ business owners in a really tough spot before.

Maybe this case is different but I personally know a couple of small business owners who really got fucked up by being activated.  Sometimes activating a small business owner immediately shuts off the business income, but doesn't stop the bills or debts.

Then the guy is stuck trying to find a way to feed his family and get caught up on  substantial business debts on a military paycheck which is often impossible.  If a guy is proud at all it may be really hard to deal with people, maybe a lot of people, and say, "I don't have the money I owe you".

These guys went when they were called but lost businesses and dealt with huge stress and long term business troubles.

There have been suicides over shit like this.

Maybe Tippie is a crook, maybe.  But I know for a fact he's an activated SSG and I know exactly what he makes.  If his small business has collapsed on his head then he probably has a shit load of people that he owes $2000 or $500 or $2500 to, and a monthly take home that is much smaller than previously.  For a guy in that situation $2000 might as well be a million dollars, he ain't got it and it ain't going to be easy to get.

If a shitload of people are trying to collect he's probably trying to fix everything and not having much luck.  Everytime a plan is made something can happen to fuck it up.

Anyway, for what it's worth I've seen two good honest guys in similar situations, ( they were contractors).  I  think that SSG Tippie might be in a much more difficult situation then most of you suspect.

One last thing: lot's of guys in this thread are GLEEFULLY enjoying this mess.  That's bullshit, and those guys should fuck off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Rabid... I hereby nominate you for the Apologist of the Year Award.  Congratulations!

Thanks, it means a lot coming from a professional PAID apologist.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Rabid-c  When you are called up as a reservist the Gov pays your morgauge payment,and your empolyer pays your old job wages!  And you get your Military pay as well!!!

You telling me he couldn't have made good his Word with Mike?

I call BS!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
T_B_S, sorry this hasn't been resolved yet...hope it works out and you get that M1A in some way, shape, or manner.

What he said. Good luck TBS. Whatever course you take.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rabid... I hereby nominate you for the Apologist of the Year Award.  Congratulations!

Thanks, it means a lot coming from a professional PAID apologist.

Ohhhhh, that's a good one... I don't apologize, I present issue positions and take the heat for making a stand and not wavering.  But thanks for playing...  And dunderhead... paid and professional are redundant.  If you are going to flame me, try to (1) have a clue as to what you are talking about and (2) show a little original thought.  Truly, if that is the best you can come up with I suggest you go sleep on it and we can pick up again tomorrow.  Maybe you can call your mommy and tell her the mean Hiram called you on being an idiot and you need some better material before you return to the schoolyard...

Now run along little pup... run along... and wipe that spit from the corner of your maw.

Do you think your tone has changed much since you got that neat little title under your name? Sad, really.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Gentlemen, please try to keep this on topic.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Ummmm no Dave... moderators are allowed to stand up for themselves just as anybody else is so long as it is within the CoC.  My statements hardly came anywhere near violating them.  Furthermore, this is not my forum to mod, so that gives me even more latitude.  Thirdly, I've been a mod for a couple of years, and I'm sure you can ask around... I don't let it go to my head.  When I speak in GD it is not as a mod, it is the same as any other Team Member, and like them, I comply with the CoC.  Dunderhead and Idiot don't even come close to crossing the line.  I do however thank you for your concern, as misguided as it may be.

You're welcome I guess I never noticed your character until recently.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gentlemen, please try to keep this on topic.  Thanks

Of course hellboy, my apologies... as Dave chose to call me out here, I responded in kind.  Dave, you may of course IM me if there is anything you wish to discuss.

Nope, Im done. Sorry for the hijack hellboy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I mean no disrespect.  I just feel that the thread was in jepordy of going off track.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Rabid-c  When you are called up as a reservist the Gov pays your morgauge payment,and your empolyer pays your old job wages!  And you get your Military pay as well!!!

You telling me he couldn't have made good his Word with Mike?

I call BS!!

Bob

I don't have one side or another on the whole issue, but I know that the Gov doesn't pay your mortgage,  but by the S&SRA your interest on all loans taken out prior to activation can be no higher than 6.5%.  You will draw BAH for the area you are activated from, which for most people will cover their mortgage.  However, some people may have a house that costs more the average for the area and in that case the BAH will not cover it all.  

Some larger companies and civil service jobs will make up the difference in pay and benefits etc but this is far from universal.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#48]
tag
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#50]
1. Who is Tippy?

2. What store does he run?

3. What happened?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top