Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 10:29:55 PM EDT

Guys - let's take down Dan Blather for good:

SLAM CBS and DEMAND Dan Rather be fired!

CBSNews.com - Email Comments

Dan Rather is the "Managing Editor" of the CBS News - NOTHING gets on the air without HIS approval. The buck stops with HIM.

Remember, Dan Rather was the guy who:

* Spent his entire career propagandizing against Reagan, GHWBush, GWBush and all conservative Republicans with the most outrageously-biased and sickeningly leftist propaganda ever imaginable this side of a Hermann Goerring.

* Laughed and cajoled in an interview with that village-gassing, child-torturing, dissident-meatgrinding, genocidal mini-Hitler Saddam Hussein right before the war,

* Cut off then Vice-President GHWBush in midsentence after he wouldn't go along with Rather's hatchet piece in a live interview on CBS News,

* Aided and abetted the enemy during the Vietnam war as an up&coming America-blaming journalist,

And check out the Media Research Center'sDan Rather's Liberal Bias page for Dan's sickeningly biased and arrogantly hostile reporting in the just the last few years.

This guy has GOT to go!

Just like what the leftists tried to do to Rush Limbaugh - we have GOT to get Dan Rather OUSTED from CBSNews.

Write emails to CBSNews, to your local CBS affiliates and to any sponsors of CBS.

KNOCK THAT SHITHOLE OFF THE AIR!!!

Make it happen people!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Write, email, call, send smoke signals. It will never happen. They'll write it off as election year politics.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
My letter to CBS:

I urge Dan Rather to resign from CBS immediately. CBS will have no credibility until Mr. Rather is gone. Mr. Rather has done nothing but play partisan political games and in so doing has destroyed any shred of objectivity and trustworthiness CBS had. I will not watch or listen to any CBS programming, either television or radio, until Mr. Rather leaves the CBS organization.

Regards,

jackinthebox
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Write, email, call, send smoke signals. It will never happen. They'll write it off as election year politics.

Maybe / Maybe not.  

But the Epitome (or, defining moment) of his career will be this scandal, an utter disgrace.   There is no alternative now.  

He has betrayed everything that he ever claimed to be.  Just as most us know klinton for little more than a blue stained dress.  He is a disgrace and embaressment to ( surely, somewhere in Heaven there is the true ideal of Journalism.    ....  )

Who, What, Where, When and How.

HE IS NOT A REPORTER.  HE IS AN INSTIGATOR.  A POLITBURO DOUBLESPEKENSER.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
screw letters to cbs.

write/email/phone those who advertise on cbs.  boycott THEM.   when the advertisers money starts to walk, then, and ONLY then, will cbs listen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
screw letters to cbs.

write/email/phone those who advertise on cbs.  boycott THEM.   when the advertisers money starts to walk, then, and ONLY then, will cbs listen.

Very valid point.

And to add to The Macallan's points, I stopped watching 60 Minutes and other CBS programs because for the last 6-8 months every episode of  60 Minutes or the news put out by them has had some form of anti-Bush story. At first I thought it was jsut me, but then I realized it wasn't.  CBS is the network that gave air time for Richard Clarke and his book. They give air time to the Kerry/Edwards campaign but not the Bush/Cheney campaign (unless it's negative) They highligght the actions of Clinton but bash Bush on the same subjects. And then there is Andy Rooney and his pontificating against conservatives. The list goes on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My letter to CBS:

I urge Dan Rather to resign from CBS immediately. CBS will have no credibility until Mr. Rather is gone. Mr. Rather has done nothing but play partisan political games and in so doing has destroyed any shred of objectivity and trustworthiness CBS had. I will not watch or listen to any CBS programming, either television or radio, until Mr. Rather leaves the CBS organization.

Regards,

jackinthebox

Now, you really didn't sign it like that did you? hr

I used my real name.

Jack N. Thabox
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I will never watch or trust a word from CBS News or 60 Minutes unless Dan Rather is ejected, pronto.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:22:26 AM EDT
[#9]
To whom it may concern,

As a news agency, I am sure that you realize that your credibility is paramount in your business.  Dan Rather has a track record of reporting news with his own personal bias dictating what he reports and how he presents it.  The book "Bias" does not paint a pretty picture.  Now the latest news only seems like a continuation of a trend, and a blatant attempt by a news agency to influence the election.  To summarize: If Dan Rather reported that the grass was green, I would have to go outside and check before I believed it.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Just hitting the wires and we are the first to report of the misleading information as told by CBS.  Contrary to reports of grass being green field reports indicate the grass is still brown in many parts of Michigan.

Despite what we know to be obvious and his repeated forays into inaccurate reporting Dan isn't going anywhere.  CBS won't do it to itself...they are far too arrogant & will NAIL a scapegoat with as much fanfair & hype as can be.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:52:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To whom it may concern,

As a news agency, I am sure that you realize that your credibility is paramount in your business.  Dan Rather has a track record of reporting news with his own personal bias dictating what he reports and how he presents it.  The book "Bias" does not paint a pretty picture.  Now the latest news only seems like a continuation of a trend, and a blatant attempt by a news agency to influence the election.  To summarize: If Dan Rather reported that the grass was green, I would have to go outside and check before I believed it.

Sincerely,
Burger King

You forgot to sign it
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
CBS?  I think I read about that once......
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep Dan on!  As long as he is on the tv, he reminds people how screwed up the media is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd rather see Dan stay. He's an idiot. Let's remind America every night.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Dan's a CBS fixture and a hero to the left.

He's not going anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top