Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 10:42:53 AM EDT
We have 3 acres here that we have been mowing with 2 push mowers and a small snapper riding mower and it is pretty much a 2 day project for 3 people.
The last time we mowed the yard all 3 mowers broke down and I was furious
I decided that I have had enough and I'm buying a brand new mower. I'm buying a new John Deere 2320 with a 62" mower, a 54" front mounted snowblower, and a 48" rear mounted tiller.
Here is a pic of a similar tractor except mine will have the tiller and snowblower.

I should have bought one a long time ago but I hated to spend so much money on a damn lawn mower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it!!! Wish i had the Balls to pull the trigger on a close to a used $9K tractor let alone a $20K tractor!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What is a snow blower?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do it!!! Wish i had the Balls to pull the trigger on a close to a used $9K tractor let alone a $20K tractor!

You are pretty close on that $20k. All together I'm looking at just over $21k out the door. They had everything I wanted in stock except the 62 inch mower deck that they had to order.
I should have the new machine here in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd put up a fence and run some cattle.

Snow?

Meh, that melts sooner or later.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is a snow blower?

Any snowman will tell ya it's the greatest thing ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got this one about 3 weeks ago. Same reason, was doing 5 acres of field with a Murry POS riding mower.

Not mine, generic web pics, but same model. got the mower deck, blade and blower.

ETA: I upgraded the blower to an electric controlled snow shoot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got this one about 3 weeks ago. Same reason, was doing 5 acres of field with a Murry POS riding mower.

Not mine, generic web pics, but same model. got the mower deck, blade and blower.

http://i55.tinypic.com/fbfgbp.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2v9as9f.jpg

Nice, I looked at the Kubota tractors too but my brother in law works at the Deere dealer so I went with the green machine. I priced 2 Deere dealers and my brother in law actually save me nearly $4k.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I have had my 2320 for over 3 yrs now and love it..  BUT i would highly recommend getting a front end loader..  I dont know how i would get any projects done without it - its the best 'wheelbarrow' I have ever owned.. LOL

For the record.. We had three 12' snows last year and the FEL did an excellent job of cleaning off the paved driveways in my neighborhood.. I had to use a rear blade on the gravel drives though.. I cleaned 7 driveways in total each snow..

congrats on the purchase

Brian
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a little over 4 acres and I mow it with a Honda Rancher 4x4 ATV and a Swisher 46" mower. The neat thing about my rig is that it does double duty during hunting season. You're gonna look awful funny pulling your elk out of the woods with that there tractor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is a snow blower?

Why did the snowman pull down his pants?

He heard the snowblower was coming!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is a snow blower?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have had my 2320 for over 3 yrs now and love it..  BUT i would highly recommend getting a front end loader..  I dont know how i would get any projects done without it - its the best 'wheelbarrow' I have ever owned.. LOL

For the record.. We had three 12' snows last year and the FEL did an excellent job of cleaning off the paved driveways in my neighborhood.. I had to use a rear blade on the gravel drives though.. I cleaned 7 driveways in total each snow..

congrats on the purchase

Brian

I would have bought the FEL but I already have a tractor with a loader that is a lot bigger and a lot more powerful than the little FEL for the 2320.
My 1953 IH Super M with a Koyker loader.

It is ugly as sin but it runs like a clock and the loader has plenty of power to lift anything I have tried to move. It even lifted the front of a 1972 Chevy pickup to move it out of my way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have had my 2320 for over 3 yrs now and love it..  BUT i would highly recommend getting a front end loader..  <snipage>

+87² on the front end loader.

Your wife will love it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I am a Kubota dealer..for the record...and I have several small tractors I need to sell at cost to get off my lot....just sayin...and I will be in South Dakota next month.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got a 2920 a few months ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Do it. Charge your neighbors to mow theirs as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am a Kubota dealer..for the record...and I have several small tractors I need to sell at cost to get off my lot....just sayin...and I will be in South Dakota next month.....

Which dealer?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fbfgbp.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2v9as9f.jpg

Nice, I looked at the Kubota tractors too but my brother in law works at the Deere dealer so I went with the green machine. I priced 2 Deere dealers and my brother in law actually save me nearly $4k.

Well hell, I would have got the Deere under those circumstances also
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Good looking

I was thinking of buying one some day. Then I started looking where there made.
I found 0 made in the USA they are all imported as parts and assembled here.
Not even New Holland tractors, there made in India  

I found some small companies that make tractors. I think the best out of them all is
Power trac in southern VA. They cool little tractors. Some day I hope to get one www.power-trac.com

But I have a Ford 8n that works and works and at almost 70 years old its great.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not even New Holland tractors, there made in India  

Only one NH series, the TT which are now Workmasters are made in India.  And only because the Turkish and Indian built John Deere's have created a new niche with cheap utility tractors.  The New Holland Boomer line is manufactured with more than 70% American content in Atlanta GA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#21]
This picture shows the size of the tractor a little better (I have no idea who the dude is).

Here is the 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel engine that powers it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are pretty close on that $20k. All together I'm looking at just over $21k out the door. They had everything I wanted in stock except the 62 inch mower deck that they had to order.
I should have the new machine here in a couple weeks.

Oh my God! $21K to be able to mow your lawn? Maybe you should consider growing crops, Start a club each member takes care of their parcel. Get a herd of goats or other livestock.. Grow a couple acres of wildflowers. I just can't imagine paying that much in this economy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#23]
We stopped by the JD dealer yesterday on the way to the dragstrip to look at my new tractor.
My youngest boy loves it.

I had a heck of a time trying to get him off of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#24]
That's alot of scratch for such a little tractor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Plant a large part of your yard in tall grasses you dont have to mow. We did that 4 years ago and cut a 3 acre yard in half and now it only takes a couple hours to mow.

Time spent mowing is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Goats are cheaper.

Too bad you don't live in Washington state...you could rent the goats out when they are not mowing the grass.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is a snow blower?

It's what you turn the dishwasher into when you hand the bitch a shovel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I mow 2 1/2 acres a least once a week with a 60" Dixie Chopper I bought used two years ago for $2200. Takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Pic of back yard.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Mow close to the house and bushhog the rest fuck mowing that much. You could also mow part and have the rest cut for hay.

I let it grow taller than usual been a busy summer.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We have 3 acres here that we have been mowing with 2 push mowers and a small snapper riding mower and it is pretty much a 2 day project for 3 people.
The last time we mowed the yard all 3 mowers broke down and I was furious
I decided that I have had enough and I'm buying a brand new mower. I'm buying a new John Deere 2320 with a 62" mower, a 54" front mounted snowblower, and a 48" rear mounted tiller.
Here is a pic of a similar tractor except mine will have the tiller and snowblower.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mrama/2320.jpg
I should have bought one a long time ago but I hated to spend so much money on a damn lawn mower.

Badass.  Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I will like the 62inch deck, it is made so you just drive right over the thing. It sounds like it is a lot easier than wrestling the thing under the tractor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think I will like the 62inch deck, it is made so you just drive right over the thing. It sounds like it is a lot easier than wrestling the thing under the tractor.
http://www.horsechannel.com/images/horse-keeping-images/compact-tractors/john-deere-493310.jpg

the drive over decks are wonderful..  in the above pic the front attachment hooks automatically, but my 62D doesnt do that..

The hardest/longest part of installing the MMM is hooking up the PTO...

I made some wheels for my mower so that it can be stored on upright.. That really opens up garage floor space in the winter..

Brian
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Top Top