Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 12:50:17 PM EDT
[beer]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, thanks slasher for saving us from those awfull posts by locking them. We will all be better people now that you have stepped in.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hey anything for a friend!
View Quote

Why did you have to lock mine?? I was trying to clear the air with Arlady..Anyway, I am willing to forgive. Can we be friends too?? Please lets just move past everything and be nice to one another..
-Andrea
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No offense slasher, but I feel that you shut down Brouhaha-ette's thread unjustly. I agree with the other threads, but this one was actually legit. Please re-read it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I too would like to thank Slasher for maintaining such a state of civility around here.  It is about time that people learn not make jokes, insuations,or Pg-13 style off color remarks.  

Congrats on a job well done, Slash!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Slasher, while you are in the unlocking mood why not oh say, unban that Fighting-Illini character?

Ffej
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Slasher, while you are in the unlocking mood why not oh say, unban that Fighting-Illini character?

Ffej
View Quote

I'll second that !!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:Slasher, while you are in the unlocking mood why not oh say, unban that Fighting-Illini character?

Ffej
View Quote

You wouldn't be related to him by any chance would you?

[;)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ffej
View Quote

What did you do to get banned?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Please forgive my loving fiance, Brouhaha.  Sometimes he gets a little protective (just teasin').  Anyway, thank you for unlocking my thread.  Yes, I am really female.  If I'm not it sure would be a surprise to my mother and I.  
Having grown up with two brothers I learned early on how to take care of myself.  I shan't take offense at you for shutting down my thread.  I know you have a job to do and I did happen to see a thread this morning that seemed fake even to this newbie.  I have to admit, though, I did respond, in my own way to some of the posted comments.  

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Slasher, don't be such an ass about locking threads.  I think you need to apologize to my fiance.  She comes here, introduces herself, and you lock her thread.  What does that say about the mods of this board?  So quick to lock anything... What, are you just mad that you can't have a woman like her? [pissed]
View Quote

I feel for you!

Seems to me that some of the new moderators have itchy trigger fingers.

Honestly, I prefer the original mods, [b](Diverdown, DonR, and AntiUSSA)[/b] for some of the moderators we have now. At least back then, we only have to deal with AntiUSSA's mood swings![V][V][V][V][V]

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p8a802f70142324a05d74659c2297d84d/fe362b65.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:Slasher, don't be such an ass about locking threads.  I think you need to apologize to my fiance.  She comes here, introduces herself, and you lock her thread.  What does that say about the mods of this board?  So quick to lock anything... What, are you just mad that you can't have a woman like her? [pissed]
View Quote

He unlocked her thread now. He thought she was just another one of the pot stirrers link blonde_bombshell. He made a mistake, he's only human.

Note: If anybody else ever else ever has a problem with a thread being locked, please email the mod who did it first, before posting anything. They might have made a mistake like slasher did here, and if we did, we're all too happy to fix it. Don't bash us, especially if you don't know the whole story.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#20]
For my part, I wasn't trying to bash. I figured he thought it was just like the others. I can definately understand that. It didn't even occur to me to e-mail though.  Sorry bout that...
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He unlocked her thread now. He thought she was just another one of the pot stirrers link blonde_bombshell. He made a mistake, he's only human.

Note: If anybody else ever else ever has a problem with a thread being locked, please e-mail the mod who did it first, before posting anything. They might have made a mistake like Slasher did here, and if we did, we're all too happy to fix it. Don't bash us, especially if you don't know the whole story.
View Quote

Pot stirrer???  Dare I ask?  I just took up for her a few minutes ago on another thread.  "Oh what a tangled web we weave..."  What's up with blonde_bombshell??
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:For my part, I wasn't trying to bash. I figured he thought it was just like the others. I can definately understand that. It didn't even occur to me to e-mail though.  Sorry bout that...
View Quote

Oh, I didn't mean to accuse anybody of bashing. Sorry about that. It probably should have said "Don't be so quick to judge us, especially if you don't know the whole story".
yeah, email is better because if you post on the boards it gets a whole bunch of people riled up, and in this case it was a mistake. It's much better to clear it up with the mod who locked it than taking it out on all mods by a posting on the board. Glad your able to discuss this rationally. I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I would like to know why somebody with so few posts of his own is made a mod.  Seems like high school clique politics.

As I have said before, the mods exhibit no greater degree of maturity than the average member, they just have power.

"Do what you will,
just don't be a jackass and get lock-happy (oops, too late)."
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Post count has jack to do with being made a Mod. Your "history" on the board,content of said posts,knowledge of the subject of the particular forum are all things that are considered. It takes awhile to get comfortable with moderating. I'm still learning.
View Quote

I don't know much of Slasher's non-mod history, but I think his mod history speaks for his maturity.

"Do what you will,
just don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Seems to me that some of the new moderators have itchy trigger fingers.

Honestly, I prefer the original mods, [b](Diverdown, DonR, and AntiUSSA)[/b] for some of the moderators we have now. At least back then, we only have to deal with AntiUSSA's mood swings![V][V][V][V][V]

[/quote]

[spank] You dare cross a moderator?!?! For shame!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top