User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 7:14:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Billy Idol?

Quoted:
...Suspect takes own photo with stolen phone
Then he's caught in a stolen car with the stolen phone.

http://www.thesuntimes.com/archive/x863075526/g12c0000000000000006db255739d8b894f175f97f65234cd89eae9d337.jpg
Zoom Photos. Billy Rowell.Billy Rowell is shown in the reflection of a mirror holding a stolen AR15 gun. He took the photo with a stolen iPhone, also shown in the picture.

The Sun-Times
Posted Sep 03, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
Cleburne County, Ark. — A photo of 21-year-old Bee Branch man was found on a recovered stolen iPhone recently. Using a mirror, Billy Rowell reportedly took his own photo with the stolen phone while holding a stolen AR15 gun from the Greers Ferry Police Department.
A rash of break-ins in Greers Ferry and Diamond Bluff area of the county have been solved, and not necessarily because of the self-taken mug.
The burglaries were solved after a Conway Police Officer stopped a stolen car. “During the traffic stop the officer ran the serial number on the phone,” said Alan Roberson, detective for the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Department. “The phone showed to be stolen from one of the five homes reported as burglarized.
Rowell was in possession of the stolen phone at the time of the traffic stop and was arrested by Conway PD.
“A large number of electronics were stolen in the break-ins. The list includes TVs, laptops, GPS units, and iPhones. Two of the five homes were occupied at the time of the burglaries. People were home asleep when the burglars went in through unlocked doors and took property.”
Cleburne County Detective John Ed Hendricks interviewed Rowell at the Faulkner County Jail. “He received a confession and was able to recover some of the stolen property. John Ed covered three counties, tracking down the items. Most of the property was found in Conway County. Stolen property was found that had been taken from Conway County, Faulkner County, and Cleburne County.”
The AR15 and a shotgun were stolen from the trunk of a Greers Ferry patrol car. “The suspect(s) forced entry into the car at the officer’s residence,” said Hendricks. “Forced entry was also made to his wife’s car where other items were taken. The guns have been recovered.”
Evidence from the burglary scenes is being processed at the Arkansas State Crime Lab. Charges have not been filed, but there are additional suspects.
The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Department has previously asked residents to log serial numbers of belongings so they are easier to identify if they are stolen. “It was solely because of the owner of the iPhone logging the serial number that these burglary cases were solved,” said Detective Phil Burnham. “If there isn’t a serial number, scratch your own identifying numbers onto the property.”
In other burglary-related news: The recent burglaries of a shed at Lake and River Inn and burglary of the north fire station of the Heber Springs Fire Department have been solved. “Four guys stayed at the Lake and River Inn the night of August 18,” said Keith Douglass, detective with the Heber Springs Police Department. “One of the guys left the motel and came back with tools stolen from the Inn. That’s when they all got the idea to go through different buildings and steal property.”
The crew hit the fire department, getting everything they needed to satisfy their burglary curiosity. “They took a number of items including fire radios. I received information about someone trying to sell radios in White County that matched what we had taken.”
Douglass said one guy was tracked down last Wednesday night. “He admitted to the crimes. We have recovered 90-percent of the property taken from the fire department. Property was spread out into Faulkner and White Counties.”
No arrests have been made but Douglass said all four males are from White County and are in their early 20s.
Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss reported Tuesday a large number of burglaries were reported over the weekend. Items reported stolen include pain medication, a riding lawn mower, tools, beer, cash, and Dr. Pepper. “I am asking citizens to be on the look out for possible stolen property.
“One place that was hit was a local trucking company. Cases of antifreeze, oil, and windshield wash fluid were stolen. Chrome wheels, sanders, and paint guns for cars were also stolen.”
Video surveillance tapes are being reviewed after the Big Red Valero south of Heber Springs reported vandalism Sunday. “They found a power box on the outside of the building that had been turned off,” said Sheriff Marty Moss. “Someone also tried to burn a stack of newspapers and bent part of a ice freezer.”
If you have information on any of the unsolved burglaries and thefts, you are asked to call the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Department at 501-362-8143.
http://www.thesuntimes.com/newsnow/x128158730/Suspect-takes-own-photo-with-stolen-phone

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad they caught that dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]

What a 'tough guy' he is......

"White Punk on Dope"

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#4]
We have had a TON of burglaries around here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The photo looks like it was taken in a Trailer Home. Dumbass White Trailer Trash.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#8]
A picture of Fail.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
He should spend several years in prison, getting pounded in the ass on a regular basis.  I hope it hurts.

I have zero use for thieves.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why the popo runs serial numbers on anything they come across that has a serial number on it.

AND....if you haven't recorded the serial numbers on your stuff, do so.
When you call to report your stuff stolen, it's the first thing LE will want to know. "Do you have the serial numbers for the items taken?"

And if you do have the numbers recorded, don't leave that info in your computer, or portable safe. Those things will probably be stolen in a home burglary too.

Between having serial numbers of stolen goods, and real IDIOTS as thieves, your chances of recovering your items are good.

YMMV...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a case where 3 juvies stole a video camera.  Then took footage of themselves discussing what story they were going to give the pawnshop as to where they got it.  The tape was still in the camera when they were arrested with it.

I wish all my cases were that easy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]

My BIL and SIL got their house broken into and, among the things stolen was their video camera. Cops brought it back to them a few months later because the tape in it had footage which included a shot of their car and you could read the license plate.

The camera had turned up as evidence in a murder investigation.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
You LEO's should bookmark this thread for the next "why'd the jaybeetees run the s/n of my ccw" thread.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#15]
good thing they caught him.

dumb ass got his booger hook on the bang switch.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
He stole two guns from a cop car, stuff from a fire department and broke into a bunch of other homes. He is going to the federal pound him in the ass institute. Hopefully for a really long time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He stole two guns from a cop car, stuff from a fire department and broke into a bunch of other homes. He is going to the federal pound him in the ass institute. Hopefully for a really long time.

sadly i wouldn't count on it playing out like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope he hasn't made any plans for the next five years or so.

Something tells me his anal sphincter might be losing some tension pretty soon too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We have had a TON of burglaries around here.

Metric or Imperial?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#20]
In order to run the stolen phone, he needed a warrant to get the info..... I hope all is not lost or the news just has it wrong.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In order to run the stolen phone, he needed a warrant to get the info..... I hope all is not lost or the news just has it wrong.

Where did it say that?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The victim can give the cop permission to look on the victim's own phone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#23]
You just can't fix stupid. These new age "criminals" are definitely not the brightest.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Next Saturday afternoon at 2 PM. Courthouse lawn. First 21 available property-owning adult males assembled in folding chairs as a jury.

Investigating officer prosecutes.  Any juror may question any witness. Oldest readily available non-retarded, non-senile male serves as judge. Jury instructions: "Burglary is unauthorized entry to the property of another for the purpose of doing mischief or interfering with another's rights. Theft is taking a thing to which you have no moral or legal claim. If the accused is guilty, the sentence will be as you gentlemen may think just, but must not involve torture or the unnecessary infliction of physical suffering."

Accused defends self, calling any witnesses he can produce at the appointed place and time. Sentence carried out by jury, using outside wall of county jail as a backstop.

This is NOT the sort of case that calls for all the caution, grandeur, pretense and furbelows of our bloated judicial system. The wannabe thug should be dead and mulched at the county yard within 24 hours of apprehension.

Homeowners' insurance premiums in the county drop to a nickel per acre per year.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Next Saturday afternoon at 2 PM. Courthouse lawn. First 21 available property-owning adult males assembled in folding chairs as a jury.

Investigating officer prosecutes.  Any juror may question any witness. Oldest readily available non-retarded, non-senile male serves as judge. Jury instructions: "Burglary is unauthorized entry to the property of another for the purpose of doing mischief or interfering with another's rights. Theft is taking a thing to which you have no moral or legal claim. If the accused is guilty, the sentence will be as you gentlemen may think just, but must not involve torture or the unnecessary infliction of physical suffering."

Accused defends self. Sentence carried out by jury, using outside wall of county jail as a backstop.

This is NOT the sort of case that calls for all the caution, grandeur, pretense and furbelows of our bloated judicial system. The wannabe thug should be dead and mulched at the county yard within 24 hours of apprehension.

Homeowners' insurance premiums in the county drop to a nickel per acre per year.

Where can I donate to your election campaign?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Man those guys are so fucking stupid. It's a good thing to because they weed themselves out for us.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Notice finger placement. Everybody knows these guys are highly trained by rap videos.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Accused defends self. Sentence carried out by jury, using outside wall of county jail as a backstop.

Where can I donate to your election campaign?

I agree. That's a great way to take care of business.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Stole guns from a cop car and tools from a FD. This would be going easy on him. Hell, why didn't they just steal the damn fire engine. At least then the FF wouldn't get to a scene and realize they were missing vital equipment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Accused defends self, calling any witnesses he can produce at the appointed place and time. Sentence carried out by jury, using outside wall of county jail as a backstop.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter...and make you president.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

He had a stolen car also. Auto theft costs insurance companies over 8 billion

a year and uninsured vehicles owners a great deal also. That 8 Billion comes

from the pockets of those paying for auto insurance. Auto thieves should

be hung or the method shown above a few posts back would work also.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You just can't fix stupid. These new age "criminals" are definitely not the brightest.
Very True.
About the smartest thing he did was keep his finger off the trigger in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Unbelievable................
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#34]

LET ME FIX THAT FOR YOU...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The photo looks like it was taken in a Trailer Home. Dumbass White Trailer Trash.

Let me guess...plywood panelling?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I guess it is obvious, but...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Next Saturday afternoon at 2 PM. Courthouse lawn. First 21 available property-owning adult white males assembled in folding chairs as a jury.

Gallows? Guillotine? Firing squad?  Followed by a wood chipper to turn them into mulch...

But what if the people want to watch?  Don't know about you but around here, the court house lawn is pretty small, can it be moved to something bigger?  Parking lot is way bigger, can it be moved there?   Wait, local football stadium is big enough, plus it will already have the seating capacity.   Now that is what I'm talking about...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you arrest a guy driving a stolen car and find a cellphone you cannot run the phone in NCIC to see if it is stolen without a warrant?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

* Mulched *...........I like it...lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Stole guns from a cop car and tools from a FD. This would be going easy on him. Hell, why didn't they just steal the damn fire engine. At least then the FF wouldn't get to a scene and realize they were missing vital equipment.

I started thinking this to. If they got to the scene and someone dies because they were missing that equipment and did not know it could he have been charged for manslaughter also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you arrest a guy driving a stolen car and find a cellphone you cannot run the phone in NCIC to see if it is stolen without a warrant?

Do you have an Iphone?

The only way to look at the information inside the phone is to actually search it. It isn't on the outside, like their other products. That is where the search comes in
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#42]
It makes me proud that we produce some of the stupidest criminals in the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top