Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:30:41 PM EDT
And I'm loving it more and more every day.  I'm a nanny for a 10 month old baby girl and she is the sweetest little girl ever.  Granted, at the moment, her top two teeth are starting to cut through AND I believe she has an ear infection.  But out of two weeks, she has only been fussy 2 days.

I'm suprised I haven't gone nutty yet though.  She's gotten into this habit of screaming all the time.  However, it's a really happy scream and it happens right after she laughs or if she's playing.  It's really cute but it's an ear piercing scream.  Lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to keep all those informed that followed me in my job search that I have the job, love the job and it has not pushed me from my dream of opening my own day care facility.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats on the job....glad you like it
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm suprised I haven't gone nutty yet though.  

Hmm... that's not what afplayboy was telling me just the other day...

j/k!

Glad it's goin good for ya
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Delighted to hear you like it.  

Never thought of it before, but I’m wondering if being a nanny for a child might lead, say, to some emotional issues when you finally have to part ways?

Anyway, surfing GD should give you good preparation for working in a day care center.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never thought of it before, but I’m wondering if being a nanny for a child might lead, say, to some emotional issues when you finally have to part ways?

Well, I know that when I leave when she starts going to a day care, I'll be emotional.  I'm already attached to the baby.

But, we'll see how it is....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Babys are cool.  I can't wait for some grandkids.

Congrats on your job.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Babys are cool.  I can't wait for some grandkids.

Congrats on your job.

Thank you.

Yes...babies are so cool.  I can't wait till I can have my own children.  But there is no reason for me to rush into it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
How many hours a day are you responsible for the baby ?

I have a four year old daughter and we are together all the time on the weekends
because mommy works the weekends.  They grow so fast!  We watched a video last
week when Agnes was 8-10 months old.  I have forgotten so many of the cutes things
Agnes used to do at that age  =)

LB
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How many hours a day are you responsible for the baby ?

I work 10 hour days and sometimes weekends for them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I offered you the job to be MY NANNY, but Noooooooooooo you had to go for the cute baby..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I offered you the job to be MY NANNY, but Noooooooooooo you had to go for the cute baby..

Yep...and the cute baby is only 20 minutes away.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I would have been more fun....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you scream louder...

Oh ya, screams of pleasure, sheer pleasure......
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you scream louder...

Oh my...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you scream louder...

Oh my...

Thats the reply. oh yes, thats the reply.....

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad to hear that you've found your calling, frtloop85, and please don't take this wrong but just watch-out...

The first time the child calls you "mommy" in front of her parents, you will be looking for a new job.

It's not your fault, but if you are spending 10 hours a day with the child, then you are spending more time with her than her parents are. Her parents will feel guilty for not spending enough time with her and they will project their anger onto you.

I've never worked in day care, much less as a nanny...but my wife of 18 years did it while we were in college and the first time the child called her "mommy" she knew it was time to start looking for another job. It can be a real heart-breaker when you are attached to the kids.

just my .02, nothing more...Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Glad to hear that you've found your calling, frtloop85, and please don't take this wrong but just watch-out...

The first time the child calls you "mommy" in front of her parents, you will be looking for a new job.

It's not your fault, but if you are spending 10 hours a day with the child, then you are spending more time with her than her parents are. Her parents will feel guilty for not spending enough time with her and they will project their anger onto you.

I've never worked in day care, much less as a nanny...but my wife of 18 years did it while we were in college and the first time the child called her "mommy" she knew it was time to start looking for another job. It can be a real heart-breaker when you are attached to the kids.

just my .02, nothing more...Good luck!

Well, I was worried about that at first but her mother works out of the home so she comes down every so often to spend some time with her.

She's started saying "ma ma" and the other day she woke up from her nap saying "Ma Ma Ma Ma"....when I walked into her room, she looked at me like, "What are you doing here?  I didn't call your name."  Lol.

I know it's going to be hard whenever I DO leave her...I've already gotten attached to her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top