Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 9:24:34 AM EDT
I want thank those of you who prayed for me through the weekend.  I made it back to work today, and though I'm here in a limited capacity, I [i]am[/i] here.

I'm having some trouble with the pain med's right now - the Lortab broke me out in an itchy rash, and the 800mg Motrin's made me [puke] - which incidentally ain't much fun when your mouth's full of stitches.  I called the Doc today  & he said (I can't believe this..) "You have to take the Motrin with a lot of food.."

No kidding?  Now why would that present a problem?

Anyways - I'm getting a new prescription after work & my follow up visit is Friday morning.  All in all - things are going pretty good.

Thanks again!

-kid
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask your doctor for a substitute for Motrin if this keeps up. Some peoples stomach's just don't tolerate Ibuprofin very well. I on the other hand can take 600 mg on an empty stomach and not have it affect me any.

Good luck on the recovery.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, what did you expect? I told you that you were in good hands!

HIS good hands!

Eric The(!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
^

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey, what did you expect? I told you that you were in good hands!

HIS good hands!

Eric The(!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Well said Eric.  a3kid, I am glad you are doing well!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to see you're back, A3.  With all that cuttin', did they happen to convert you to an A2? Hope not! [;)]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear everything went ok. I know what it's like to find out you're alergic to your pain meds. Last time I was in the hospital I discovered that not only does morphine have no effect on me, it inflames my blood vessles (ouch).

I'd get in touch with the doc and tell him you want some Vicodin. That stuff is great for all of your aches and pains!

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
So glad to hear that you are doing ok bro.

Best wishes for your continued health!

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I am glad you made it through.  Best wishes to you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top