Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 5:26:11 PM EDT
Tomorrow morning at 7:45 I am to report to the "Mayo Clinic" hospital in Scottsdale, where the cutting will commence around 9:30am.

I was all psyched and ready for this a week ago when I arrived, but now am having butterflies and am nervous as hell... Actually, scared would be the most appropiate word to use in my case.

I was told this morning at a final consultation that they "think" they will be able to fix the kidney, and it will most certainly be a challenge for them. If anything goes wrong (bleeding, rupture, etc), they will be forced to remove the kidney!

I will also have a kidney cath and drain tube sticking through my side and into a bag for a couple of days, but since I wasn't planning any volleyball games over the next couple of days anyway, that's cool I guess.

I have stated that if they have to remove the kidney, I'm taking it home with me... in a jar!

Oh well, ummm -- PRAYERS PLEASE!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it!  Be safe, be well.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck dude. Prayers sent...Hey God? You got mail!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck and may God be with you.

I am confident everything will work out well for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Will you post a pic of your kidney in a jar if they have to take it out? Nevermind this not something to joke to heavily about. I hope everything goes well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
May the Lord of hosts bless you and hold you and your family in his hand, keeping you safe from all harm.
Amen
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Our prayers are with you in Pa.
Good luck man!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
God Bless...
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone in the vicinity cares to visit a brother while he's down, I'll be at:

Mayo Clinic Hospital (Tim Greene)
5777 East Mayo Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85054
480-515-6296

Guests can feel free to bring along CD's... "Bee Gees", "Donna Summer" or "Gloria Gaynor" preferred ([i]I love disco![/i]), but anything "Pink Floyd" ([i]especially The Wall[/i]) would be quite a boost as well.  I did remember to bring Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", so that ones not on the necessary list.

I know that beggers can't be choosey, but I pretty much hate all RAPe, Country, and Metal. Just stick with any of the disco selections and we'll be good to go! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh Man!!  A disco gun freak???  That's a strange image.....you sure it isn't the drugs??

Get Well Tim!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Tim

Good luck dude.  Darn, I was going to call and ask you shooting tomorrow, but no, you got other things to do I guess.  Wish they were more fun than what ya got.

I'll try to swing by one day.  I assume you will be there for several days so Thursday might be best.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
GOOD LUCK!!!
C-ROCK

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Tim, take it from someone who does surgery.  I tell my patients all the time about the worst case situation.  Things do go wrong.  Most of the time everything is fine.  The problem is, unlike ARs, everyone is different.  A blood vessel in the wrong place and one kidney left!  I think everything will be fine, the docs are getting you ready just in case.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll try to swing by one day.  I assume you will be there for several days so Thursday might be best.

Jim
View Quote

If all goes well, I may actually be out by then, but I will have a week lay up time here before flying home.

You know where I'm staying and have the number...

Others can get the info from it Grin&Barrett, DonR or jimmybcool if wanted, but I won't post it publicy since it's not my phone -- they do have my permission to give it out though!

[size=5][blue]Send DISCO![/blue][/size=5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#14]
So when you get out will you be laid up for days, or is a day at the range a possibility towards the end of the week?  

BTW, I am having trouble finding your number.  Uhhh, could you resend it (he says with embarassment).

I think a day out will do you good when you;re up to it.  BTW, remember bottoming out leaving the shoot?  Well, the trailor hitch is OK, but NOW I know why I can hardly swing the spare tire out of the way.  LOLs

James

PS - trust your doctors.  Mayo is as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tim, take it from someone who does surgery.  I tell my patients all the time about the worst case situation.  Things do go wrong.  Most of the time everything is fine.  [red]The problem is, unlike ARs, everyone is different.  A blood vessel in the wrong place and one kidney left![/red]  I think everything will be fine, the docs are getting you ready just in case.  Good luck!
View Quote

Funny you should just happen to mention it that way: [blue]I have a 2.4 x 1.0cm Caylical ([i]sp?[/i])Diverticulum that is blocking the area where all the blood vessles enter the kidney.[/blue] That's not good is it..?  The doc at Mayo's was concerned enough to seek additional consult -- He said it's in the worst possible location!

My left kidney is 100% though, so if I have to lose 1, I should still be okay...
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
We'll be keeping you in our thoughts tomorrow. Best wishes. We'll talk soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So when you get out will you be laid up for days, or is a day at the range a possibility towards the end of the week.
View Quote

If I'm able to get around, I'd be happy to join you, but because of all the drugs that will still be in my system, I won't do any trigger time myself for the obvious safety reasons ([i]safety with OTHERS in mind[/i])!

Check your email...  I resent my addy and phone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn, I thought I was the only one that liked the Bee Gees. You they have a new album coming out in the first week of May. Yes I did say a new album.

Anyways good luck man. When you're in recovery, grab the nurses asses, they love that. Really. They may slap you but its only cause they wanna make sure the drugs are wearing off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Anti, are you going to be at you bros or at mom and dads place?
I don't know if I can get away from good old Bakersfield, but if I can I may come and say hey.
Michele also wanted me to wish you luck.
BTW My sister has only one kidney and you wouldn't even know it.
Remember demerol is good.
Best of luck pard!
Scratch
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck and enjoy your break.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]
He's had enough Demerol. I think he'd rather do without the pain.

I know it is hard for someone who knows everything BUT listen to instructions after you wake up.[;)]

AND FOLLOW THEM
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
As long as you've asked for prayers, you'll be in Good Hands, AR15.com Brother!

Your mission is to let the good folks at the Hospital care for you.  Relax and get well.

See if you can talk 'em into getting you on-line for the recoup...it's great therapy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
My prayers are with you and good luck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
[Size=6]

Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Hang tough....you'll be done with it before you know it's started. I had a Kidney Stone operation in the past year. I thought I was done but I listened to the doctors and everything turned out fine.BTW-Child birth would be a cake walk compared to what I went through for two weeks.....Hang in there!

John
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be praying for you Tim, and my fam too. I'll also have my 5th and 6th graders pray tomorrow morning(private tutoring, so we can do that[;D])

Stay tough, Tim. Good luck.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Good luck.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Best of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine. Let us know when you are able.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anti, are you going to be at you bros or at mom and dads place?
I don't know if I can get away from good old Bakersfield, but if I can I may come and say hey.Best of luck pard!
Scratch
View Quote

I'm staying at the bottom of the mountain with my folks, but have been up to my brothers quite a bit this past week. I got fried ([i]sunburnt to a crisp[/i]) hanging out in his pool yesterday. Margarittas and BBQ fixed everything though!

You know you always have a place to stay out here, should you elect to trek on over...  It would be great to see an old friend.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Good luck; I know what you're going through.  No REALLY, I know...I'm on standby for kidney surgery at Johns Hopkins.  Not the same problem, but I'll likely lose part of my left kidney at the very least.

My prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#31]
antiUSSA -

Prayers on the way - keep us posted and give us a sitrep asap!

God Bless Ya Man! [:D]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#32]
antiUSSA,
        You, and your family will be in the thoughts and prayers of myself, and my family. Good luck, and a very long life. NoSheep
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#33]
kidney in a jar?
if i was you id look into getting that thing bronzed or gold plated, then hang it around your neck or from your car mirror. you would be the Coolest Hippest HARDCORE Homie in da Hood [:D]

holy crap man ..DISCO??? get yer head examined while your there [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Good luck Tim, I wish you well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Tim,
 Me and mine have been and will continue
to pray for you.  Stay strong, you are not
alone in this.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#36]
good luck!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Good luck and a speedy recovery.

They better fix the kidney, how else are you going to drink [beer]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I spoke to Tim after today's surgery. They were not able to take out the effected portion so they are going to schedule another surgery later this week to remove the kidney.

Looks like he will be there longer.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Anti...good luck bud!.....ken.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Good luck, I wish you well!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Tim and it wasn't good. The surgery didn't go as planned, they nicked a blood vessel and had to stop. So now they are having to keep an eye on internal bleeding. From the way Tim talked it looks like they are going to have to take the kidney out. So the prayers are needed and appreciated even more now. I'll post any more info I get on the new surgery as soon as I get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top