Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:05:13 AM EDT

All my relatives KNOW I have a small arsenal. My Aunt, who lives next door, brought it up last night.
Last week I was complaining to her on how people snug up to you in line at stores. She then proceeds to ask me "What if he pulled a knife on you, right  there in the store?
I replyed "I'd have drawed down on him". This is how it started.

Skipping all the crap...........My 16 year old ROTC cousin lives there too ( my 1st cosuins son, she adopted him) well she then says "that is why I dont like going over there, you have a pistol lying around all the time"
Me: ".. and you are worried Son is gonna come over and play with it? I find that insulting, DO you really think I would let that boy handle a loaded pistol in my house???????? WTF!!!

She wont even let the poor kid come over and shoot the bull , all because she is scared of not just guns, but every fucking thing. She has not driven a car since she was 16 she is 65 now.

It is hard to rationalize with someone who has a fear of everything.

She is anti gun and no real facts to back up her beliefs. She brought to my attention, maybe the biggest two factors reguarding "antis state of logic". First was God, "God will protect you and if it is your time a gun will not save you". Second was that "You do not need to carry a gun because nothing will happen to you at Wal-Mart".
I am glad I talked to her, it gave me insight on how they think and that they all are living in a fantasy world. I am an athiest and dont / can't understand some mistical being guarding me 24/7/365. I also cannot comprehend that "nothing will happen to you in Wal-Mart" ideas.

Moral of the story.... Leave yer guns laying around and PITA relatives won't come around
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You should find the many stories about people being assulted, robbed, and the couple stories of people being killed in WalMart parking lots and give them to her.

About 2 years ago the cops caught a fugitive sexual predator at our local WalMart.  He was just there shopping on his lunch hour as he was working at a construction site...but the more of the story is you never know who is behind you in the parking lot at WalMart.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't tell them your address.  Equally effective, less dialogue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Time to find Jesus.

ETA: Just put up a sign on the front door: Relatives not welcome
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Let her listen to the 911 call where the lady got killed while waiting for the cops.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"nothing will happen to you in Luby's" ideas.

that's what we thought.  
now Texas has CHL.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The sadest part of this whole ordeal is that my 16 yr old cousin should be taught propper gun handling instruction, and just to take him out and do things that younger people do.
He is on the ROTC team thingy, and is not a bad shot with an air rifle. He is hell bent on goiong into the Military, and I wish I could take him out  and let him shoot my ARs, 1911s and the like. She is scared and he cannot go shooting, that sux!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like some of my relatives.  My wife's cousin won't let her kids play with toy guns or play any games she considers "violent".  The kids are very well-behaved, but they don't know how to play with more rowdy kids.  They're going to be bullied badly in school is my prediction.

We were talking about guns and she said something like "Guns scare me.  If I ever saw one, I don't know, I guess I'd duck under a table or something."  

I can see it now.

*Ding dong*
"Yes?"
"Hi, ma'am.  I'm Officer Johnson with the police department.  We need to ask you if you can move your vehicle from the curb.  It's blocking traffic, and....ma'am?  Are you alright?  Why are you under that table?  Why are you shaking uncontrollably?  Ma'am, are you on any recreational drugs right now?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Time to find Jesus.

ETA: Just put up a sign on the front door: Relatives not welcome

+1

Better than any gun in the looooooooooong run!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Guns are baaaad  mmmmmkay?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#10]
If they ever lose their fear of firearms. just walk around the house nekkid all day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If they ever lose their fear of firearms. just walk around the house nekkid all day.

riiiight, god help them the day I get that FA Mac 9 LOL
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I thought you were going to say you pissed on the couch and shit in all the corners,

I understand your plight though, one of my SILs is fucked in the head about firearms, she starts her psyco babble everytime she sees a gun, I've gotten to the point when I hear it, I now tell her to STFU before I slap her in the mouth with my dick, my brother gets pissed but its mostly for show.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats real easy,just tell them your a tea drinker. You doe not allow alchol in the house.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The sadest part of this whole ordeal is that my 16 yr old cousin should be taught propper gun handling instruction, and just to take him out and do things that younger people do.
He is on the ROTC team thingy, and is not a bad shot with an air rifle. He is hell bent on goiong into the Military, and I wish I could take him out  and let him shoot my ARs, 1911s and the like. She is scared and he cannot go shooting, that sux!

Wait 2 more years until he turns 18. Then you can teach him anything you want about firearms. Until then, you have to respect his lawful guardian's wishes on what she thinks is good for him. Once he turns 18, it is now his responsibility to decide. Help him make the right decisions at that point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#16]
please dont turn this into a Jesus thread.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Don't tell them your address.  Equally effective, less dialogue.

Works for me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I really like my relatives, but the Aunt is a nutbag, super nice lady, heart of gold but a total scaredy cat.
But like I told her I can grant you concerns about Son, but NOT what goes on in my house.

I think it is a sickness that she is inflicting to her adopted child. Thank goodness he see life in a good way, the kid is super smart. He knnows that she is scared and I am sure he will do as he wishes as long as he is NOT under her roof.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Letting one's pet boa constrictor have free range in the house works nicely also
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
please dont turn this into a Jesus thread.

Just trying to help you, bud.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I installed a drawbridge, instead.

-James
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, leaving your guns lying around to scare off your relatives works just fine until:

1. You get a divorce.

2. You piss off one of your relatives and then they decide to "drop a dime" on you calling the ATF and saying there is a bunch of "machine guns" lying around.  

3. Some kid or kids come into your house.

4. Someone decides to break in when you are not home.

I believe I would re-think that. If you don't want relatives coming over, then don't invite them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#23]
wasn't there a shooting incident at a Walmart somewhere within the past couple of years?  Seems it has happened there already
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Dig a moot, fill it with oil, keep eternal torch burning for all to see, problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top