Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2001 5:15:48 PM EDT
I would really like to purchase a legal suppressor but I only have post ban configurations. I have seen comments that I cannot attach a "Can" to a post ban because it also acts as a flash suppressor. Is it legal for me to attach a can to a post ban? Can I attach without having the barrel threaded? On a side note... Seems that if I purchase a registered DIAS or a LL and install it into a post ban lower I can then attach any pre ban upper components that I like. Why doesn't a suppressor provide the same coverage? Do I just need to bite the bullet an spend the $$ for a pre-ban receiver? Trying to learn, stay legal, and have fun, all at the same time. Thanks for the help in advance.... Lucent
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:41:57 PM EDT
nope becouse a sound suppressor also counts as a Flash hider :( on the second ? yes u can becouse once u add a LL or a DIAS its a MG as long as the LL or DIAS is installed
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:08:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:23:13 PM EDT
You can always make the magazine non-detachable, then legally mount a legal supressor to an otherwise post-ban rifle. You could also remove the pistol grip when you wanted to mount the supressor (get one of those california non-pistol grip abominations).
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:37:20 PM EDT
question for all of you...I was wonderin if I can put a can on my remington 700vs in .308 Never ventured into the world of NFA but this would be a start.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:47:53 PM EDT
As long as you can legally own a suppressor in your state, you could then mount it on a bolt action or single-shot or pump-action rifle with no problems. The pre/post ban crap only applies to semi-autos with detachable magazines. You'd have to get your 700's barrel threaded, or get a proper mount installed in order to easily install or remove the can.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:32:37 AM EDT
Thanks circuits....Time to head off to the C3 dealer and have a talk........... [beer]
Top Top