Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 5:15:48 PM EDT
I would really like to purchase a legal suppressor but I only have post ban configurations.

I have seen comments that I cannot attach a "Can" to a post ban because it also acts as a flash suppressor.

Is it legal for me to attach a can to a post ban?  

Can I attach without having the barrel threaded?

On a side note...  Seems that if I purchase a registered DIAS or a LL and install it into a post ban lower I can then attach any pre ban upper components that I like.

Why doesn't a suppressor provide the same coverage?  

Do I just need to bite the bullet an spend the $$ for a pre-ban receiver?

Trying to learn, stay legal, and have fun, all at the same time.  Thanks for the help in advance....

Lucent
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
nope becouse a sound suppressor also counts as a Flash hider :(

on the second ? yes u can

becouse once u add a LL or a DIAS its a MG as long as the LL or DIAS is installed
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You can always make the magazine non-detachable, then legally mount a legal supressor to an otherwise post-ban rifle.  You could also remove the pistol grip when you wanted to mount the supressor (get one of those california non-pistol grip abominations).
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
question for all of you...I was wonderin if I can put a can on my remington 700vs in .308 Never ventured into the world of NFA but this would be a start.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as you can legally own a suppressor in your state, you could then mount it on a bolt action or single-shot or pump-action rifle with no problems.  The pre/post ban crap only applies to semi-autos with detachable magazines.

You'd have to get your 700's barrel threaded, or get a proper mount installed in order to easily install or remove the can.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks circuits....Time to head off to the C3 dealer and have a talk...........

[beer]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top