Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 9:31:01 PM EDT
Anyone seen it yet?  Worth watching?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your time/money
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard that this movie is the reason McChodes is bringing all their "Healthy" meals out, not for sure though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What I saw of it was basicly worthless, I know someone who watched the whole thing.  The guy starts acting like he id "geeking" for McDonalds.

Let me eat healthy for a month and watch how sick I get.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
ok ill blow in your ear... Will that work?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I saw it. Mildly entertaining. Maybe worth renting just for the curiousity factor.

And anyone who really eats like he did in that movie will die a very miserable death. You would have to have a major screw loose to eat that way. And you wouldn't do it for long.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, I saw it. Mildly entertaining. Maybe worth renting just for the curiousity factor.

And anyone who really eats like he did in that movie will die a very miserable death. You would have to have a major screw loose to eat that way. And you wouldn't do it for long.

For some reason I eat unhealthy all the time and I seem to be ok, even with decent blood pressure/cholestrol.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, eating McDonalds 24/7 for a month is unhealthy, I don't need a documentary to show me that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow, eating McDonalds 24/7 for a month is unhealthy, I don't need a documentary to show me that.

Makes me wonder if I should eat healthy 24/7 and video tope it, wonder if I could make some dollars.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No shit.  I feel bad when I eat fast food a lot on a trip.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For some reason I eat unhealthy all the time and I seem to be ok, even with decent blood pressure/cholestrol.  

You're still young. Hell, you're probably still thin.

Anyone can eat this crappy food occassionally without adverse affects. But you will pay for a poor diet in the (not so long) run.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're still young. Hell, you're probably still thin.

Anyone can eat this crappy food occassionally without adverse affects. But you will pay for a poor diet in the (not so long) run.

Im not 100% thin, but I was the same way when I used to eat healthy
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
So what is the message of the film?

Eating bad food is the choice of the individual and they should know that fatty foods make you fat, or people are getting fat because of McDonalds and therefore McDolands is to blame?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
From the film's website:

Why are Americans so fat? Find out in Super Size Me, a tongue in-cheek - and burger in hand -- look at the legal, financial and physical costs of America's hunger for fast food.

Ominously, 37% of American children and adolescents are carrying too much fat and 2 out of every three adults are overweight or obese. Is it our fault for lacking self-control, or are the fast-food corporations to blame?

Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock hit the road and interviewed experts in 20 U.S. cities, including Houston, the "Fattest City" in America. From Surgeon Generals to gym teachers, cooks to kids, lawmakers to legislators, these authorities shared their research, opinions and "gut feelings" on our ever-expanding girth.

During the journey, Spurlock also put his own body on the line, living on nothing but McDonald's for an entire month with three simple rules:

1) No options: he could only eat what was available over the counter (water included!)
2) No supersizing unless offered
3) No excuses: he had to eat every item on the menu at least once

It all adds up to a fat food bill, harrowing visits to the doctor, and compelling viewing for anyone who's ever wondered if man could live on fast food alone.

The film explores the horror of school lunch programs, declining health and physical education classes, food addictions and the extreme measures people take to lose weight and regain their health.

Super Size Me is a satirical jab in the stomach, overstuffed with fat and facts about the billion-dollar industry besieged by doctors, lawyers and nutritionists alike. "Would you like fries with that?" will never sound the same!

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes me wonder if I should eat healthy 24/7 and video tope it, wonder if I could make some dollars.

No, eating healthy would only be positive, people these days only want negative
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#15]
From what I remember, that was a movie about how fattening McDonalds food was so he ate it 3 times a day every day for 30 days and he got all sorts of lardass from it.

The food is fattening. No shit. Stop blaming your fat asses on the food you eat. YOU are the one eating it. The food didnt tie you down and force its way into you. You started it. Take some fucking responsibility.

The movie's premise is bullshit. Waste.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Videotape some chicks fucking 24/7 and you will make a heck of a lot more dollars.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Videotape some chicks fucking 24/7 and you will make a heck of a lot more dollars.

How am I supposed to find that
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From what I remember, that was a movie about how fattening McDonalds food was so he ate it 3 times a day every day for 30 days and he got all sorts of lardass from it.

The food is fattening. No shit. Stop blaming your fat asses on the food you eat. YOU are the one eating it. The food didnt tie you down and force its way into you. You started it. Take some fucking responsibility.

The movie's premise is bullshit. Waste.

The food generally available in the country is a big problem.  The amounts of saturated fat and sodium in the accepted snacks of the day is astounding.

We're hooked on fat, salt, and sugar.  And it is killing us.  That is the premise of the film and it is a good one.  Places like McDonalds and Taco Bell make a killing selling unhealthy food.

Which is why I make it a rule to avoid fast food for the most part.  I'm still weaning myself from a lot of prepackaged, preservative laden food though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top