Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/5/2005 9:06:38 AM EDT

The stories that are coming out of the Superdome are just so tragic.  In two days, there were 7 murders and more than a dozen rapes.  It turned into a race thing where whites banded together in circular formations with the guys taking shifts to keep watch on the outside of the ring and the women protected in the middle.

When the laws are removed, or when the law-keepers are killed, I understand that there is going to be more crime.  New Orleans (at least, a couple years ago,) was the murder capital of the USA.  But what I'm asking is, why do Blacks turn against whites with such visciousness?  Why does it become a race issue at all?

And don't just pawn it off on saying that those people represent the liberal scum of America. 1. You don't know their politics. 2. By all accounts many of them were "packing", so if I am reading the boards correctly and I were to make an assumption about their political leanings based on the evidence, they would be republicans.  I am not making this assumption, it's just, IMHO I don't think that that is a factor that should come into it.

My mother, who has the capability and the compassion to take in an entire family, isn't going to because she is a woman living alone and she saw what happenned at the superdome.  It sucks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yikes,

This is one for the GD. Say GC, what guns do you own? What type of shooting do you like to do? Plinking, target, competition? Ever hunt? Good hunting out here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know. When I was 8 my family moved to So Cal.  When I was 9 I was bussed from the all white school to the all black school as part of the racial intragration.  I lived in terror everyday in the all black school.  On Wednesdays I had to run from the school to my church for "sunday school" [CCD].  I still have nightmares about having to run through the black neighborhoods scared for my life at 9.  

I have never witnessed the cruelity blacks put my brothers and I through in SoCal with the blacks up here in Oregon.  The black families up here are just families.  There are so good ones and bad ones obviously but they're still different.  They smile, they talk plainly, they're more human than those I dealt with in SoCal.  I have never understood it though.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
With a few exceptions, that's just the way it is. I don't know why we are the way we are, but I do know that you can count on it. It's not just blacks and whites either. It's that way with many cultures. Hispanics, Asians & Indians. Most whites will do the same thing when they have the numbers. When we compete for living space or resources, we stick to our own.

In my personal experience, probably the best organization to correct the issue is the military. Race is still an issue, but I've seen men form bonds that transcend all of our cultural issues.

Anymore, I consider the individual. I don't really care about race, color, sexual orientation, gender or any of that bullshit. I just try to be the best I can be with whoever I'm around. I do it so I can look at the guy in the mirror and like what I see. Most of the people around me are far more helpful to me than I ever hoped for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yikes,

This is one for the GD. Say GC, what guns do you own? What type of shooting do you like to do? Plinking, target, competition? Ever hunt? Good hunting out here.

If I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.  I'm new, and apparently I don't know how to tell what should go where.  ODT where are the rules listed? I didn't see it in the tacks?

My gun history.  My parents got married on Woodstock weekend in '69.  I never grew up knowing guns.  I touched (said with reverance) my first gun about 9 years ago when I was attending my liberal arts college in Michigan and I signed up for a Trap and Skeet shooting class to fulfill my PE requirement (I was having medical issues at the time that would prevent me from taking more active pe courses.)  I was one of 5 girls in the 35 person class and I was a natural.  In the scorings I came out on top most weeks and the boys were very hostile toward me for that reason.  I found that interesting.  We used 12 guage shotguns (bird shot and buck shot), I prefferred the pump action.  I fell in love with the massive bruises I would get on my shoulder for shooting 3 days a week.  I showed them to everyone.  I won the shoot out in the end and went home for break with my souvenir shot gun shell.

In nj (with my car all packed full of crap from school) I got stopped by a cop for a tail light or something.  When he saw the shotgun shell he DREW HIS GUN ON ME.  I told him I didn't own anything, didn't have any guns with me....  After 30 minutes argueing (NO, officer, I don't need a permit to carry ammo), he decided to "confiscate" the shell and leave me on my way.  He looked 18 y. o. and scared, but nj cops suck.  I don't own any guns, I don't want to be killed by some scared dude who doesn't know the law.

Then about a year later, I hook up with phil... and phil has LOTS of guns.  He teases me by saying he will buy me this gun or that gun, but then I make silly requests like...  it needs to be pretty and have a pearlized grip...  it needs to be scented...  and he groans and forgets about it for a while.

right honey?

I would LOVE to go hunting, and I think you guys should convince Phil to start up so he can teach me.  If I did hunt, I definately believe in eating the beast and tanning the hide.  Because I believe all god's creatures have worth and should be recycled beyond trophy worship.  I skinned a goat once and did it up BBQ style.  I was a ranger in "the Billabong Sanctuary" in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. for about 4 months.  I got to patrol with a rifle occassionally, there.

So that is my gun bio, I guess.  Phil, did I forget anything?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
  The stories that are coming out of the Superdome are just so tragic.

Agreed.

It turned into a race thing where whites banded together in circular formations with the guys taking shifts to keep watch on the outside of the ring and the women protected in the middle.

Got links?

But what I'm asking is, why do Blacks turn against whites with such visciousness?  Why does it become a race issue at all?

I cant speak for the other 25 million Blacks in America, but I have never "turned against" anyone with visciousness without provocation. Race never matters.

I think what you are missing in NO is the class factor. Everyone with a job is gone. All the "good decent folk" are gone. These are the scourge of the community left behind. These are the ones that the nanny state created into a totally seperate class, taught and trained to stand helpless and depend on big brother for survival.

"Wheres ma help"........ Race isnt an issue here, lifestyle is. This is a problem of feeding people instead of teaching them to fish. And when you dont feed them anymore, guess what they will do?

And don't just pawn it off on saying that those people represent the liberal scum of America.

1. You don't know their politics.

If we look at the results from the 11/04 POTUS runoff, we find 152,610 Kerry & 42,847 Bush. I think its safe to say we know their politics.

2. By all accounts many of them were "packing", so if I am reading the boards correctly and I were to make an assumption about their political leanings based on the evidence, they would be republicans.  I am not making this assumption, it's just, IMHO I don't think that that is a factor that should come into it.

By "all accounts" there were many guns stolen after the hurricane hit. I have addressed the party issue with facts above.

You think they were republicans but it doesnt matter?

My mother, who has the capability and the compassion to take in an entire family, isn't going to because she is a woman living alone and she saw what happenned at the superdome.  It sucks.

Got links to the footage? I missed seeing those reports.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know. When I was 8 my family moved to So Cal.  When I was 9 I was bussed from the all white school to the all black school as part of the racial intragration.  I lived in terror everyday in the all black school.  On Wednesdays I had to run from the school to my church for "sunday school" [CCD].  I still have nightmares about having to run through the black neighborhoods scared for my life at 9.  

I have never witnessed the cruelity blacks put my brothers and I through in SoCal with the blacks up here in Oregon.  The black families up here are just families.  There are so good ones and bad ones obviously but they're still different.  They smile, they talk plainly, they're more human than those I dealt with in SoCal.  I have never understood it though.

Patty

awe Patty, that is a terrible thing to go through when you are so young.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

It turned into a race thing where whites banded together in circular formations with the guys taking shifts to keep watch on the outside of the ring and the women protected in the middle.

Got links?

All you have to do is Google "superdome rapes" and you will get bunches of stuff

me: But what I'm asking is, why do Blacks turn against whites with such visciousness?  Why does it become a race issue at all?

Cav: I cant speak for the other 25 million Blacks in America, but I have never "turned against" anyone with visciousness without provocation. Race never matters.

It may not matter in who is doing the violence, but it seems to matter quite a bit on what stranger bands together with whom, and how those groups of strangers choose their victims.  It does matter.

me: 1. You don't know their politics.

Cav: If we look at the results from the 11/04 POTUS runoff, we find 152,610 Kerry & 42,847 Bush. I think its safe to say we know their politics.

once again, they generalizations come out of whole groups of people.  Did you poll the particular individuals that were in the Superdome?  NO, YOU DID NOT, therefore YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEIR POLITICS ARE.  your 'fact' is a generalization and an assumption for this particular group of people.  like saying, well, America voted Clinton into office, so apparently all those ppl LOVE him.

Me: 2. By all accounts many of them were "packing", so if I am reading the boards correctly and I were to make an assumption about their political leanings based on the evidence, they would be republicans.  I am not making this assumption, it's just, IMHO I don't think that that is a factor that should come into it.

Cav: By "all accounts" there were many guns stolen after the hurricane hit. I have addressed the party issue with facts above.

you apparently missed the statement I made above yours, I highlighted it in red for clarity.  I don't make generalizations like that (unless joking), and further I don't think blaming a particular party is accurate or helpful.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With a few exceptions, that's just the way it is. I don't know why we are the way we are, but I do know that you can count on it. It's not just blacks and whites either. It's that way with many cultures. Hispanics, Asians & Indians. Most whites will do the same thing when they have the numbers. When we compete for living space or resources, we stick to our own.

In my personal experience, probably the best organization to correct the issue is the military. Race is still an issue, but I've seen men form bonds that transcend all of our cultural issues.

Anymore, I consider the individual. I don't really care about race, color, sexual orientation, gender or any of that bullshit. I just try to be the best I can be with whoever I'm around. I do it so I can look at the guy in the mirror and like what I see. Most of the people around me are far more helpful to me than I ever hoped for.

well said da_bunny.  I try to do the same as well.  I have deep rooted prejudices from my child hood, there's no getting around that but I do not hold the entire "Black Race" responsible for the ones in Blythe California.  I also haven't taught my kids any prejudices.  Unfortunately they do not come in contact with many of any culture other than your typical white Americans.  In our town there is less than 5% non whites.  

Furthermore from my child experience the hispanics from my child hood town were far more upstanding than those I associate with here.  Odd as it may seem they went out of their way to learn English, to speak English and have their children speak English.  They worked hard, were clean and even though for the most part dirt poor had clean homes, clean clothes and clean cars.  Its not the same breed of hispanics up here in Oregon now, that's for sure.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]
And just a sidebar on generalizing a group of people based on the voter poll facts...

Only 62% of the people in theis country that are eligible to vote, do vote.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/voting/004986.html

If you further catagorize people into high incomes, average incomes and lower incomes, the people in the Super dome would fall into the lower income category.

Only 32% of eligible voters in the lower income brackets vote at all.  

Even if you could say that all those voters are ALL Dems, that is not a representive sample.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#10]
GC,

You're trolling again, imo. This has nothing to do with Washington, or Washington gun owners. The General Discussion forum is where we have been sent to debate national politics. Those guys are always ready for an argument. I don't wish to be a stick in the mud, but other local posters, who own guns, have had their threads locked or moved for such posts.

Of course, the GD fellas can be a rough crew. Keep a thick skin, as they will stomp on you for trolling liberal, or democratic ideals. Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Got links?

All you have to do is Google "superdome rapes" and you will get bunches of stuff

That would be a no.

me: But what I'm asking is, why do Blacks turn against whites with such visciousness?  Why does it become a race issue at all?

Cav: I cant speak for the other 25 million Blacks in America, but I have never "turned against" anyone with visciousness without provocation. Race never matters.

It may not matter in who is doing the violence, but it seems to matter quite a bit on what stranger bands together with whom, and how those groups of strangers choose their victims.  It does matter.

I think you misunderstood my response.

You asked..... I spoke for me, as you directed the question towards the superset of "Blacks", of which I am a subset. Let me rephrasemy answer, I will direct a defensive response towards anyone, race unimportant. You asked "why is race an issue at all", I said it wasnt, and now you say it is.

me: 1. You don't know their politics.

Cav: If we look at the results from the 11/04 POTUS runoff, we find 152,610 Kerry & 42,847 Bush. I think its safe to say we know their politics.

once again, they generalizations come out of whole groups of people.  Did you poll the particular individuals that were in the Superdome?  NO, YOU DID NOT, therefore YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEIR POLITICS ARE.  your 'fact' is a generalization and an assumption for this particular group of people.  like saying, well, America voted Clinton into office, so apparently all those ppl LOVE him.

We all know who was in the Superdome. Those either too stupid to heed evacuation orders or those who claim to not "be able" to evacuate. 75% voted for Kerry in Orleans Parrish. Do you really think the mean Republicans stuck around?

And lets not go to Clinton or the vote. Neither time did Clinton garner as many votes as GW, nor did he even get as many votes as Gore or Kerry, both losers. He was under 50%, so in your hypothetical banter you could also say more Americans hated him than voted for him.

2004 Bush 59,729,986 Kerry 56,249,864
2000 Bush 50,456,002 Gore 50,999,897
1996- Clinton 47,402,357
1992  Clinton 44,908,254

BTW, in neither of those elections did the Republicans sue to get third parties off ballots nor debates, both of which dims did to attempt to stifle the third parties and suppress American votes.

Once Twice You get the point. Almost forgot debate suit link.

Me: 2. By all accounts many of them were "packing", so if I am reading the boards correctly and I were to make an assumption about their political leanings based on the evidence, they would be republicans.  I am not making this assumption, it's just, IMHO I don't think that that is a factor that should come into it.

Cav: By "all accounts" there were many guns stolen after the hurricane hit. I have addressed the party issue with facts above.

you apparently missed the statement I made above yours, I highlighted it in red for clarity.  I don't make generalizations like that (unless joking), and further I don't think blaming a particular party is accurate or helpful.

I caught your disclaimer, but I highlighted your statement in blue where you attempted to push this on the Republicans before attempting to not say it. Nice flipflop.

As for blame, after a tragedy it is rarely helpful. Rhetoric will not replace anything lost, nor will it help insure this doesnt happen again. What will help is to reason why, and fix the problem. These sheep were led to slaughter. The liberals that took care of them for so long conditioned them to being taken care of, and when that care wasnt evident, they exploded. And the Mayor and Governor, both Democrats, failed to protect the city physically before this tragedy, prepare an adequate evacuation or contingency plan, nor have any preparation for the aftermath.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Its like prison mentality. It happens cause people are "locked" in a room together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
  why do Blacks turn against whites with such visciousness?  Why does it become a race issue at all?
quote]

I had a large family in GA east of Atlanta 90 miles for years and spent a lot of time there growing up, this is what I learned. Have you ever heard of the Civil War? It is still going on in their minds. Blacks and whites hate each other back there, but mostly for different reasons. The whites don't like how the blacks live in filth, act like trash and are just plain lazy. The blacks I assume are jealous of the whites and how they live.  The blacks hate the fact that their ancestors were slaves and that's how they got here.  Prejudice runs very deep in the blood in the south.

The mentality in the south is very different from the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#15]
IBTM
GD item.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IBTM
GD item.

Originally Posted By :

1GunnerHogan1 you just love HTF locks don't ya!!! I hope ODT starts locking all your threads because you seem to like them so much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#17]
It more of an urban no education, low class, thug thing then color.  I have met blacks that were more educated, more refined and a better human being then I could ever be.  Its how you were brought up and what kind of friends you spend your time with.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
The white's sticking together came from a group of young British students. They formed a group and placed all the females on the inside of the circle with the males all on the outside.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The white's sticking together came from a group of young British students. They formed a group and placed all the females on the inside of the circle with the males all on the outside.

I read the interview.  They did indeed form a circle to protect the women.  It is fucking reprehensible that something like this had to be done.   Poverty is no excuse for the sort of behavior to require these precautions.  We are looking at a population who were raised without morals, taught the ways of the gangsta, a complete and total lack of humanity.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#20]
www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/09/03/1125302782219.html?from=top5

Superdome a hellhole: Aussies tell

By Frank Walker
September 4, 2005

NINE Australians witnessed a rapid descent into hell inside the New Orleans Superdome as they sat trapped inside for four long days and nights.

The Aussies stuck together and the men protected the women, forming a tight circle around them while gangs prowled the stadium preying on women, children and the weak.

"I haven't been to hell, but now I think I saw it inside that stadium," Anthony "Bud" Hopes, 32, of Brisbane, said.

Mr Hopes emerged as a hero for the Australians, fending off threats from gangs who wanted to rob them and drag the women away.

The Australians were finally rescued yesterday and put on a bus for Dallas. They told of the mounting horror as days dragged by without help.

"It was somewhere between a disaster area full of refugees and a jail," Mr Hopes said.

"The girls were in real danger. We knew we had to stick together. We were a minority group inside a stadium with 25,000 people.

"There were gangsters, thugs, rapists, child molesters, anything you want to put in there, it was in there. They were molesting children that we saw. If girls from our group walked to the toilet they were felt up and filthy comments made to them. It was horrible, terrible.

"New Orleans broke down within hours of the hurricane. Once the power went off in the Superdome there was no air-conditioning and no sunlight. We were all locked in the one place with no sanitation, no light, and people were fighting over food and water.

"It was the worst experience of our lives. The hurricane was a walk in the park compared to what happened afterwards."

Lisa van Grinsven, 23, from the southern Sydney suburb of Bangor, said she and her sister Michelle, 21, were backpacking in New Orleans when they were caught by the hurricane last Sunday.

"We were told to go to the Superdome to be safe, but it quickly became the worst place to be," she said.

"We were with an English girl and we sat in seats at the top of the stadium.

"The wind got stronger and blew off part of the roof above us so we moved out of the rain down on the concourse.

"It started to get really uncomfortable the next day as the power was off. It was dark and wet.

"We were really worried as guys kept pestering us. The English girl went to the toilets and she was grabbed by some of them, but she managed to run away.

"An Aussie, John McNeil, found us and got us to sit with a group of Australians who were also there. We were glad to see them as we felt very alone.

"We were locked in by the few guards and police so we couldn't even get out. There was safety in numbers and we decided to keep together.

"You couldn't go anywhere without being grabbed and hassled.

"We stopped queuing up for food as we were too scared. The boys in the group said not to go anywhere by ourselves but to go with them.

"The stink got worse and worse until you could hardly breathe.

"I didn't see people raped, but we were afraid we would be attacked.

"At night it was so dark and there were people shouting and screaming. The stink was getting worse.

"Food and water was running out and people were panicking, crying, and everyone was scared.

"We put all our luggage in the middle and the girls sat in the middle with the boys around the outside.

"Nobody really slept at night. The boys stayed awake watching as we were afraid the generator would go out and it would be total darkness again. That is when the rapes happened."

On the fourth day, a National Guardsman got the Australians out of the Superdome and rode shotgun over them as he moved them to the remains of the battered Hyatt Hotel.

"We had two nights there and it was awful," Ms van Grinsven said.

"The toilets overflowed, there was no electricity and no one in charge.

"We didn't dare leave the room as looters were in the street."

It wasn't until Channel Nine reporter Robert Penfold arrived yesterday and helped them get to a staging area and on a bus that they felt safe.

Also in the group were Simon Wood, of Western Australia, Michael Ryan, of Lithgow, NSW, John McNeil, of Brisbane, and Emma Hardwick, 22, of Neutral Bay, NSW.

Mr Hopes said although it took only a day for looters and gangsters to run riot, there were "wonderful individuals" who helped them.

"We owe our lives to National Guardsman Sergeant Garland Ogden who got us out of the Superdome," he said. '

Mr Hopes rejected suggestions he was a hero.

"I am just a boofhead with a big mouth," he said.

"I was in New Orleans to drink beer and have a good time, then I got screwed over by a girl called Katrina."

The Australians' bus was part of a convoy of buses taking refugees to Dallas when one of them rolled, killing a passenger and seriously injuring several others.

AUSTRALIANS
■ Vanessa Cullington, 22, Sydney. Evacuated to Dallas.
■ Pamela Whyte, 59, and Karen Marks, 25, Melbourne. Still stranded at the New Orleans Convention Centre last night.
■ Tim and Joanne Miller, 54 and 49 respectively, Rockhampton, Queensland. Rescued by Channel Seven news crew on Friday and now in Dallas..
■ Jacqueline and Stephen Baruch, Sydney. Managed to escape and are continuing their US trip in New York.
■ Denise Drake, 29, from Sydney but New Orleans resident.Told her mother on Thursday she was trapped in a building with other Australians, and they were running out of food and water.
■ John McNeil, 22, Brisbane. Evacuated to Houston by bus yesterday.
■ Fiona Siedel, 27, and her sister-in-law, Katie Mclean, 25, both Brisbane. The pair have been taken in by the sheriff of the Louisiana Police Department, and will be coming home with the assistance of the Australian consulate in Atlanta.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read the interview.  They did indeed form a circle to protect the women.  It is fucking reprehensible that something like this had to be done.   Poverty is no excuse for the sort of behavior to require these precautions.  We are looking at a population who were raised without morals, taught the ways of the gangsta, a complete and total lack of humanity.

Here is the thread that had the Brit article:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385661

I too don't understand the pure, raw anger that was shown. In the case of the Brits, they aren't American whites...what in the hell would they have to do with any so called American racism. I'm sure they had British accents...anyone can, or should, be able to tell a Brit from an American...What did they think they would gain, or prove, by attacking some tourist kids...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Pretty messed up. I spent 4 years in the Marines and the whites and blacks stuck to their own groups and were extremely distrustful of one another. Plenty of altercations, on and off base. Met a few good ones but not many.

Blacks in this country are, as a group, messed up, ignorant and lazy. I've known a few good ones who wouldn't turn on a white person in an heartbeat, but not very damn many. As a result I am distrustful of them all and want nothing to do with any of them. Not a damn thing. None will ever be invited to my home and that is probably sad in a way as there are a lot who are decent but as a proportion they are small and I haven't the time or inclination to try to sort the little bit of wheat from all that chaff.

Can't imagine being in that Superdome situation. I'd probably have killed someone myself and that is one reason I live where I do in the circumstances I am in. And I would never go to ANY fucking gov't camp. The .gov sucks and this episode only proves again that they are not your firend and they ain't there to help. Piss on 'em, I'll go it alone if it comes down to it. They can come later and count the bodies around my house.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Patty

Patty, I had a friend in highschool that had the same experience.  He hates black people to this day.  Can't say its right, but I don't blame him for it.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Stupid is as stupid does!  It is an education thing.  When is the last time you saw Doctors or Engineers kill each other regardless of race.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#25]
This is how most people are normally.

10-15% always obey the law and are above board in their dealings with others.

70-80% will do whatever they have to, in order to fit in with their peer group, including robbery, rape, murder and looting.  If these people have friends with bad judgment and a forceful personality you get mob rule and crime.

10-15% can always be relied upon to commit crime, steal, lie, cheat and take advantage of their fellow man.

Since FDR was president, they have been trying to keep lazy, stupid people of all races and religons and creeds in check with welfare programs.  The uneducated poor have become completely dependant on government agencies for all their needs and they rely on the government for all their problem solving.  They can barely make decisons for themselves regarding money and clothes, much less decide if a hurricane is a life or death emergency.  

Take the lowest 1/3 of a city based on income, education and social status. This is the part of society that requires 75% of the law enforcement, 95% of the social welfare and 3/4ths of every other governing agency to supervise it on a daily basis because they cannot raise their own children, feed, house or cloth themselves, much less obey laws.  Now you remove the restraints placed on them by society. No police, no social workers and no government officals to guide them thru their basic decisions.  Then you take away easy access to food, water and shelter for 48 hours.  JUST 48 HOURS.  This is what happens.

This has nothing to do with black and white.  The level of crime in the Superdome is probably about the same as any other weekend in an area of New Orleans with 35,000 people.  It is one of the dirtiest cities I have ever been too and I was there when it was sunny and dry.  In two weeks, I think I went into one public restroom where the toilets were not packed with shit and unflushed.  If they cannot use the toilet correctly on a sunny day, a hurricane was not going to make it better.

The city fathers figured in 12-18 hours it would be past them and they could all go home, that is why nobody planned for a disaster.  All of the real misery is caused by the unexpected flood when the levees failed, the pumps failed, the civil services failed and the continued failure of local governments to understand their predicament.   Now all they can do is blame GWB for not making plans to supercede them when their shitty plans failed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Stupid is as stupid does!  It is an education thing.  When is the last time you saw Doctors or Engineers kill each other regardless of race.  

When is the last time you saw white people riot or turn their home into Mogadishu?
HMMMMMMMMM?

Detroit
Milwaukee
Watts
LA/Rodney King
Miami
New Orleans

That's just in 4 decades and I have seen it enough on a smaller scale while I lived in the South.

You hide your head in the sand if you like but blacks in this country hate whites. They absolutely despise them. And if you find yourself in a positon where law and order has broken down and you are a white man outnumbered by them then you have already screwed up bigtime.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When is the last time you saw white people riot or turn their home into Mogadishu?
HMMMMMMMMM?

Detroit
Milwaukee
Watts
LA/Rodney King
Miami
New Orleans

That's just in 4 decades and I have seen it enough on a smaller scale while I lived in the South.

You hide your head in the sand if you like but blacks in this country hate whites. They absolutely despise them. And if you find yourself in a positon where law and order has broken down and you are a white man outnumbered by them then you have already screwed up bigtime.

I know whites that are the same way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HMMMMMMMMM?

Detroit
Milwaukee
Watts
LA/Rodney King
Miami
New Orleans

I know whites that are the same way.

So do I but one helluva lot less.
Like I said, not worth trying to sort through 'em all.

When is the last time that blacks had to form a circle to protect their women and kids from white people?
Yeah, thought so.

We'll see how it all shakes out and if the story is verified but even if it was, the mainstream media ain't going to be saying. Hell, CNN is 24-36hrs behind on the looting, burning, pillaging, shit. Not PC to tell what is really going on and they only do so when they are pretty much forced to with everyone else telling the story.

People can try to sound all PC and say it ain't about race but it sure as hell is. Not for me, for THEM. You'd have to be just another ignorant Sheeple not to recognize that. And it is obvious what happened to the Sheeple in the Dome. And NO, for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
When is the last time that blacks had to form a circle to protect their women and kids from white people?
Yeah, thought so.

Not as long ago as some people here would like to think.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

I could see that happenning in the South, at night, when the KKK went on a lynching raid.  Racial hatred, no matter what side does it, is stupid.  We have focussed on the white against black side for years, its time to expose the black against white hatred and deal with it, bring it in the open, and get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

I could see that happenning in the South, at night, when the KKK went on a lynching raid.  Racial hatred, no matter what side does it, is stupid.  We have focussed on the white against black side for years, its time to expose the black against white hatred and deal with it, bring it in the open, and get rid of it.

Agreed.
And you raise a good point about lynchings, etc. Never seen one of them though, only heard a few stories and I doubt it was the women and kids they were after. Anyway, I lived in SC for 4 years and traveled the South and never heard reliably about any such incident. I have seen all of the above mentioned on a personal and large scale (via television).

I think it is more an circumstance of scale. Yeah, there is plenty of trash in all races but only one seems to act out in tribal hatred of the sort we are talking aobut, burn, loot and destroy. That IMO on it anyhow, YMMV. Mine is more extensive than I ever wanted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

BULLSHIT.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I know as recently as 2000, the Aryan Nations had beaten a woman and her son to death and were convicted for it. So it isn't all that far in the past, though it is a lot less frequent than it used to be.

The Australian story is the only one I've read that suggests any kind of racial component to the violence inside the Superdome. In fact, the 12-14 links I read about violence in the Superdome via Google seem to suggest that most of the victims (rapes and murders) are black.

At least one of the "murders" is a black guy who raped  and killed a young black girl and was beaten to death by the crowd before the National Guard could get to him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, I know as recently as 2000, the Aryan Nations had beaten a woman and her son to death and were convicted for it. So it isn't all that far in the past, though it is a lot less frequent than it used to be.

The Australian story is the only one I've read that suggests any kind of racial component to the violence inside the Superdome. In fact, the 12-14 links I read about violence in the Superdome via Google seem to suggest that most of the victims (rapes and murders) are black.

At least one of the "murders" is a black guy who raped  and killed a young black girl and was beaten to death by the crowd before the National Guard could get to him.

If that last part is correct I would sure be glad to hear verification.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

BULLSHIT.

In my family, in my lifetime, my Grandfathers house.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#37]
The current black leaders intentionally stir up racial hatred and division.  They should remove the Reverend from their titles if they are going to incourage hatred and division.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#38]
They just interviewd one of these guys on the radio (NPR) ... the interviewer pressed him to get an explanation as to why he thought the guards wanted them to form a protective circle.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

BULLSHIT.

I don't know about that ... you can dig up some pretty creepy stories from the civil rights movement times.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If that last part is correct I would sure be glad to hear verification.

Here is the Reuters story mentioning the incident:
www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03464940.htm

The part mentioning race was from a blog which I haven't been able to find yet.

I did find three links discussing racist violence in the Superdome that haven't been mentioned in this thread yet though. Two are from white supremascist websites that link to the same Australian report we saw earlier and then mention numerous rapes, beatings, etc. without discussing the race of the victims.

The third was this piece from Yahoo news where an older couple say they were threatened with murder by four young black men specifically because they were white:
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050903/ts_nm/mayhem_dc

Overall though, there just weren't a whole lot of whites in the Superdome to begin with, so I'd guess most of the victims are going to be black as well.

Edited to add, here is a comment regarding the rapes and violence from a woman who was there:

Women spoke of the fear they felt as gangs of thieves and rapists roamed the streets and temporary shelters night after night, plucking victims - some of them children - at will and with no fear of intervention by the police.

'They took what they wanted and nobody stopped them,' said Ms Tanika James, 27, who was among refugees who arrived in Baton Rouge on Friday.

Source

Now maybe there are a lot of white women named "Tanika" in New Orleans; but I'd be surprised if that were the case.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#41]
You said it yourself, it is not a race thing, but it IS the liberal scum of America.  Tens of thousands of blacks packed up their families and got them out of NO before the storm hit.  What was left was those that are living off of the govt and looking for handouts.  When the handouts stopped coming, they acted out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#42]
It doesn't take a genius to look to study the demographics of felons.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#43]
We need to look very hard at all your leaders BLACK and WHITE who are using the system for there good ONLY.My hope is that one day we will be smart enough to see though the games being played on us from each side at our cost.Here in South Carolina we went though the flag mess.One person asked the being black did i want it down,my answer was if it will boost education,lower taxes and fix car insurance I will put a bigger one up!Other that the only persons that will make money for this deal is the place they are made.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, thought so.

+1
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#45]
... For a more in-depth study, go read "Nigger, Please" by Dr. Rosie Milligan

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Are you trying to get this thread locked?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#48]
"I have a Dream" is still that, a dream.  Why?  Because we have people who WANT the problems to continue.  Victimology.

And the biggest problem is the idea only whites can be racist.  I have had my own problems with this, mostly from Hispanics.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#49]
The lack of condemnation of black on white racism by Black Leadership (Jackson, Sharpton, etc) is directly analogous to the lack of condemnation of Radical Islamic Terrorism by Islamic leaders.  The hatred in both camps is somehow "justified" and the leadership is largely silent on the matter.  It needs to end.  We need a Martin Luther King again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Amybody who harms women and children, whether they are black brown purple or yellow, need to be fucking shot and quartered.

I hate racism.  Period.  I also hate the cultures that breed racism.  

It is about damn time that we stop tolerating racism against white people.  Everybody is so damn sensitive about racism from white people that you can't even criticize a culture (thug culture, etc.) without being labeled a racist.   But its ok for other race's to make sweeping gerneralizations and hateful statements about white people, to create division, etc. etc.

What if we had a White Entertainment Television channel?  What if we started going around talking about White Pride and all of this.  No way that would fly.  

Hating white people is a part of pop culture.  What the hell else did we expect this to result in?

I think it is time that we stamp out racism, in ALL of its forms.  In the mean time, this is just one more reason to ALWAYS be armed, and ALWAYS rely on yourself.  Criminals come in all colors, I guess we just need to face reality and be aware of the fact that you may be targeted for a lynching because you are white.  Either way, I'll be ready.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top