Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:06:06 AM EDT
Just thought I'd mention that I'll try to provide some kind of a service to ARFCOM on Super Bowl Sunday.

Since I have a TV Tuner on my PC, I'll be recording the entire game including commercials to my HD.

After the game I'll take requests to splice out any commercial from the game that anyone finds especially humorous. Just provide me with an approximate time into the game and I'll see what I can.

After that I'll throw it up on Putfile.com and link to it. It certainly beats trying to scour the net for "that one commercial"!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just thought I'd give this a bump back to the main page since it's now Super Bowl Sunday.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
So far there haven't been many that were not movie releases, and those that weren't were not very funny.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So far there haven't been many that were not movie releases, and those that weren't were not very funny.

True, but I thought I'd offer up the service anyways....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I thinkI saw a link to a site where they're going to be posted.

The mcguyver one was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
How about the one w/ the monkeys in the conference room celebrating their skyrocketing sales?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about the one w/ the monkeys in the conference room celebrating their skyrocketing sales?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
i like the hummer one with the robot and monster.
www.hummer.com/monsters/index_spot.html
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
MacGyver was my favorite ad.
Overall I was disappointed by the commercials.

I did like the Super Bowl better, exciting, controversy, and some incredible plays.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: all the careerbuilder.com monkey commercials can be found on their website:

MONKEY COMMERCIALS

Does anybody else find these hilarious? My wife doesn't understand why I think they're so damn funny.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
the magic fridge was my favorite, close second was the one with the bear and the guy running off with the beer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
i laughed at the FedEx one with the cavemen & dinosaurs
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I did like the sprint commercial for the phone with "Crime Deterrent" features.

SBG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I really liked the one where they were playing football in the field and the chick taunts the guy then she get WHACKED !!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: all the careerbuilder.com monkey commercials can be found on their website:

MONKEY COMMERCIALS

Does anybody else find these hilarious? My wife doesn't understand why I think they're so damn funny.

"I totaly understand I work with a bunch of jack asses"

that one was hysterical.

the beer and the bear would have been better if the bear and the guy chased after the one who grabbed the beer.

edit to fix commerical line
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Which one was that, the Vault commercial with the robot scarecrow?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#18]
none of them were superbowl caliber. I was very disappointed
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's to Beer was my favorite.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
The Bud bear one where the guys buddy swipes the beer he offers the bear was funny.  The guy tackling the girl and saying you were open but now you are closed was funny.  The horses playing football and the streaking sheep was funny.  The rest were subpar for the SB.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#21]
MacGyver!!!

EDIT: As a child of the eighties, it meant alot to me.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I really liked the one where they were playing football in the field and the chick taunts the guy then she get WHACKED !!

My son-in-law and I just cracked up over that one.  My daughter thought we were both nuts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I too was not too impressed with the commercials this year.  Fairly exciting game though. I missed the Opening and half-time ceremonies though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Did anyone else see the one with the scarecrow?

The regular scarecrow wasn't working so the Farmer took it into his shed to work on it.

Out comes this 9ft tall robot with a laser and he zaps a crow out of the sky. As he's walking through the field, a fox runs in front of him as the narrator says something like "he eradicates crows, foxs.....(he chases the fox out of the field into a group of low-life, hippy-looking people).......and HIPPIES" as the robot opens fire with his laser on the hippies.

It was for some energy drink

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one was that, the Vault commercial with the robot scarecrow?

it was the mcguyver commercial for mastercard.

you can see it at the ifilm link above.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Fedex/caveman "Not my problem."
The CB Jackasses
MacGyver.  
The Amber Lite Football one.  Rocked that girl's world!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought the bad commercials were better than the sorry ass excuse for a game! LOL!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
none of them were superbowl caliber. I was very disappointed

+1 except for the Fedex and bear & beer commercial.

What was the magic fridge commercial?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#29]
The magic fridge was the best, IMHO. Plus, it's about the only one I was sober enough to remember!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#30]
FedEx cavemen, MacGyver, the hidden beers in the office, the pony trying to pull the cart.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#31]
The FedEx commercial was a pretty blatant rip-off of "Bambi Meets Godzilla", an award winning cartoon from 1969.

www.robrob8.com/movies/bambi_and_godzilla.htm

I liked the McGyver one.  Bet he never thought he would become Super Bowl famous.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#32]
I liked both Ameriquest Ads.

1. Hospital scene where they kill the fly with the paddles while standing over a man in a bed and say as the wife and daughter come in "Well that killed him."

2. On the airplane and the woman in the skirt ends up on the guys lap because of turbulence or something and everyone wakes up to see her straddling him. Then the pilot comes on and says " We hope you enjoyed your flight today."
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I liked both Ameriquest Ads.

1. Hospital scene where they kill the fly with the paddles while standing over a man in a bed and say as the wife and daughter come in "Well that killed him."

Snarfed a martini on that one!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I liked the one with the baby clydesdale pulling the beer cart.  that was cute.

I also liked the guys that were up on the roof "fixing things" and took the beer out of their tool boxes.

The caveman fedex "not my problem" was a riot, too.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#35]
tag!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Not only are the commercials getting less funny, expectations have dropped.  I mean, everyone is going on and on about the magic fridge commercial.  LAME.  I chuckled, that was it.

I do think the ongoing clydesdale football game has had some good ads.  The zebra referree?  Genius.  I thought the streaker lamb was very clever.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#37]
video.google.com/superbowl.html

All of theme here...

Ted...

Edited to make it hot...

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#38]
My favorite was the Burger King "Freaky King" dance number... Hearing the women "...OOF" as they piled on each other making the sammich was hilarious. Then Brooke Burke plops down on top. Awesome.

I liked the "Magic Fridge" one too.

V is for Vendetta looked good.

"Stunt City" was decent.

The best commercials harkened back to the ads from the early 90s. I liked them. Then there were the bad ones: "Campaign for beauty" from Dove? GHEY.

"Fusion" the new razor... My wife and I looked at each other with these "what the crap?" looks on our faces. She made a face like she was scared and said "What if terrorists get their hands on this technology?"

The FedEx "Caveman" ad su-huuuucked. In fact ALL of their ads recently have sucked.

Pepsi's "Hip Hop Can" was awful. What lame hold does P Diddy have over Pepsi??? The Pepsi truck ad from the last Superbowl was good... but this was atrocious. (The ONLY saving grace was the Jackie Chan ad where they had the stunt can...)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
i like the hummer one with the robot and monster.
www.hummer.com/monsters/index_spot.html

Kept hearing this one was a real stinker, finally got to see it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My son-in-law and I just cracked up over that one.  My daughter thought we were both nuts.

Yep "Touch Football" was pretty good.

I also like this year's Ameriquest ads, especially 'Turbulance', but I practically fell off the couch after last year's "Cat Killer."

The only one that I thought was downright stupid was the Dove 'Self-Esteem' ad.  WTH was that doing in a Superbowl?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#41]
The Fed Ex one was the best, the Hummer commercial was just ..........dumb.  What ever happened to te Bud Bowl?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#42]
What the hell are those bikini chicks with the old muscle cars and the AR-15 selling? I want to buy some!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#43]
seems to be year after year more tv show adds more movie trailers and fewer decent commercials.

still some gems this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top