Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/23/2017 8:33:41 AM EDT
When you hear that some has killed themself, are you just a little relieved to find out it wasn't gun shot?
Denying the enemy ammo and such...

I am.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't find relief when something is done without a gun. I find frustration when something is done with a gun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When you hear that some has killed themself, are you just a little relieved to find out it wasn't gun shot?

I am.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Hanging is by far the best method. Guns are messy and for the lazy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't care.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I voted yes..I like the people who put a little effort  into it.
Suicide by stabbing and stabbing and stabbing themselves with a knife,shows much more macho
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]
My uncle got tired of taking care of my grandmother, he took a shot of her insulin to kill himself, when they found him she had a heart attack & died.
One shot 2 kills.
Selfish fucking prick.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
And a lot of people screw it up and just end up blowing their face off and surviving or they end up with a slow and painful death until they finally succumb to their wound(s).  The latter happened to someone I knew.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a really gruesome, PBS "America Reframed" episode running right now about a Bi-polar woman who decided to try and kill herself first by drowning, then thought about knives, but ended up chugging Liquid Plumber.  

They saved her before she died, but she looks like a complete mess, unable to do more than taste food in her mouth and then spit it out, having to carry around a feeding tube into her side and a pack all the time, shaking and exhausted constantly, and the opening scene she was showing a large scar where they removed her stomach, and another where they took out her esophagus.  

I don't think anyone should kill themselves unless they are terminally ill and really suffering, but her choice of method was very gruesome.

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Know of a guy who pulled 2 blocks of C-4 to kill himself.

That was an interesting one. He filled out all the paperwork correctly though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that is a way to go, that dude wasnt messing around. I guess he didnt want to mess up and 1/2 ass it and end up on life support or a vegetable.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn. That is definitely not a cry for help.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am.

?
"Guns are used in suicide 98646 times a minute..."

They must be banned!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
That seems a tad...excessive.

75gr det cord sounds more reasonable for the task.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't want to leave a mess for someone to clean up.

Throwing yourself into a volcano would work, but burning would suck, however brief.

Kayaking far out into the ocean and drowning yourself seems clean, cheap, and easy. Gotta go far enough so that you won't wash up on a beach.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#15]
When I found my friend's body a couple days ago, he had used carbon monoxide.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are they being denied?

Liberals LITERALLY believe that a gun safety course causes gun deaths.

Liberals are not bound to use facts or logic in their arguments.  They are exclusively driven by emotion.

"Taking away an argument" does not stop a liberal from arguing.  They simply find some other irrelevant point to argue.  Responding to their insane rants only encourages their insane rants.  In fact, in a liberal-diseased mind, reduced suicide by guns is "irrefutable" proof that guns need to be banned.

You cannot win an argument with an individual who has no bounds to reality.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn.

Not sure if that's more hardcore, or the guy who designed the suicide helmet that electrically fired 9 shotgun shells into his head at once:

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Guns are used in suicide 98646 times a minute..."

They must be banned!
View Quote
Lol. Ok. Thanks for breaking it down for the slow person.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's a really gruesome, PBS "America Reframed" episode running right now about a Bi-polar woman who decided to try and kill herself first by drowning, then thought about knives, but ended up chugging Liquid Plumber.  

They saved her before she died, but she looks like a complete mess, unable to do more than taste food in her mouth and then spit it out, having to carry around a feeding tube into her side and a pack all the time, shaking and exhausted constantly, and the opening scene she was showing a large scar where they removed her stomach, and another where they took out her esophagus.  

I don't think anyone should kill themselves unless they are terminally ill and really suffering, but her choice of method was very gruesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt3CSzxu9w
View Quote
Not too long ago I was called to ER to intubate a young female that had consumed drain cleaner in a suicide attempt.  Drain cleaner took a few days but it did the job.

Drinking lye based drain cleaner is a stupid and painful way to go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And a lot of people screw it up and just end up blowing their face off and surviving or they end up with a slow and painful death until they finally succumb to their wound(s).  The latter happened to someone I knew.
View Quote
Haha, yeah, there's a chick down the street with half a face. She was depressed before, plastic surgery with a 20ga seemed to help though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Damn.

Not sure if that's more hardcore, or the guy who designed the suicide helmet that electrically fired 9 shotgun shells into his head at once:

http://media.galaxant.com/000/155/481/desktop-1427916591.jpg
View Quote
So much effort when all he needed was a rope.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not too long ago I was called to ER to intubate a young female that had consumed drain cleaner in a suicide attempt.  Drain cleaner took a few days but it did the job.

Drinking lye based drain cleaner is a stupid and painful way to go.
View Quote
I get that there's often some underlying mental illness, but this is one method that baffles me...as it is obviously going to be a slow and painful way to go.  Is there somewhere on the internets that suggests to people teetering on the edge that drain cleaner is a great way to punch out?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.

The vast majority of people fuck up hanging and slowly strangle themselves to death. 9 shotgun shells to the head would be fairly instant I'd think.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I would absolutely NOT kill myself. At this point in life I'm having too much fun. But watching my MIL fade into dementia and other end of life issues....I sure hope that I am not a burden on my kids. If I were to desire ending my life, I think I may just go off in the woods and let hypothermia deal with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Haha, yeah, there's a chick down the street with half a face. She was depressed before, plastic surgery with a 20ga seemed to help though.
View Quote
Maybe...it's possible that she has a renewed outlook on life now that she has to overcome adversity every time she looks in the mirror and go out in public.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mohamed is that you...?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ever watched a hanging? It doesn't look fun. Sucking a tailpipe or eating a bottle of pills would be painless and mess free.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#29]
The only thing about someone killing themselves with a gun that bothers me is the aftermath they leave that impacts everything from those who find them to the fuckin mess they make.

If you're going to shoot yourself, please do the following to lessen the impact on friends and family.

• Rent a car.
  • Drive rental car to the parking lot of a local hospital.
  • Place phone call to the police and tell them who you are, where you are, what kind of car you're in and what you're about to do. Hang up.
  • Shoot yourself.
If you absolutely must commit suicide by gun, try not to be an inconsiderate fuck about it. No reason to fuck up a perfectly good house with blood and horrific memories for those who have chosen to live and will find you and your mess. 

Its a personal choice. Keep it that way. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I think that some people select painfully slow methods because they truly hate themselves. It's sad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Disagree.

My sister did herself in with a running car in the garage.

Went to sleep, never woke up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think that some people select painfully slow methods because they truly hate themselves. It's sad.
View Quote
Last year we had a woman set herself on fire. It wasn't a homicide because she was seen on video surveillance buying the supplies at the store.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When I found my friend's body a couple days ago, he had used carbon monoxide.
View Quote
My brother used carbon monoxide in 1980 when I was 14.  He was 19.. My step daughter attempted suicide this last Friday.  We don't know method.  She survived and is still on 72 hold.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#35]
A little, it's the method my father used and because of that. My grandma is a huge anti-gun liberal and so is just about anyone else I know that went through similar... Personally I don't know another effective method.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ever watched a hanging? It doesn't look fun. Sucking a tailpipe or eating a bottle of pills would be painless and mess free.
View Quote
Three weeks ago a friend ate a bottle of vicodin, then started two motorcycles, a generator and a truck, all in the closed garage. Then drank as much as he could before passing out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Damn.

View Quote
Yeah, I think they nick named that one the "Clinton."
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Three weeks ago a friend ate a bottle of vicodin, then started two motorcycles, a generator and a truck, all in the closed garage. Then drank as much as he could before passing out.
View Quote
That my friends is power thinking.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A little, it's the method my father used and because of that. My grandma is a huge anti-gun liberal and so is just about anyone else I know that went through similar... Personally I don't know another effective method.
View Quote
As posted above, if someone killed themselves with a running car in the garage, would they be anti vehicle?

If the used sedatives/pain killers would they be anti medicine?

If they jumped off a building would they be anti construction?

Fucking hell.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#40]
You know, I really don't care what someone kills themselves with.  I do think shooting yourself is about the biggest fuck you one could go out on to those that have to clean up your mess.

I don't spend much time worrying about the left and their anti-gun statistics.  Molon Labe, mofos.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As posted above, if someone killed themselves with a running car in the garage, would they be anti vehicle?

Fucking hell.
View Quote
I honestly don't care, I give my example and seen it used many times in a attempt to take away a constitutional right. The reason liberals don't go after vehicles, medicine, or construction is because they use them and have a basic understanding of something they deem a necessity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#42]
My best friends grandpa blew half his face off trying to kill himself. His wife passed and he was all alone. It was very sad to see him having to be taken care of for the rest of his life. He just wanted to be with his wife.

As soon as it happened my buddy and his dad sold all their guns. After the shock wore off they regretted the decision.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#43]
One of my best friends used a 5.56 round. He went out in the desert sagebrush so there was no mess except for the blood all over the grass. The gun didn't kill him. It's just a tool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fucking hell.
View Quote
No, but guns used in suicide are magically added to the "gun murder rate" whereas the other methods are kept separate.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Several years ago a friends sister committed suicide, mid 50's single no kids never married.

She grabbed one of those small bottles of Gas De Icer and poured it on herself then lit it on fire. She wound up badly burned and when she inhaled it scorched her lungs. 

She he finally passed after several days. Helluva way to go. Very disturbing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Had to read book "Final Exit" for college class
Europe deprived of guns, method that stuck in my head was drink some liquor, put turkey basting bag over head and bungee around neck to hold in place.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Guns make for a messy suicide.  I feel sorry for the survivors.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Insulin bolus or exit bag.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No, but guns used in suicide are magically added to the "gun murder rate" whereas the other methods are kept separate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking hell.
I used to like the comedy of Christopher Titus, but he went looney-tunes anti-gun some time back. He refers to his dead mother and sister as "victims of gun violence", even though they were both suicides by mentally ill women.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sort of stole it from the SAW movies too
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top