Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2008 11:19:37 AM EDT
Engravings aren't really my thing. But my dad is wanting to get a pair of something for me and my brother and have them worked up by a local guy that does nice work.

I'm just not much into engravings. Even my "nicer" shotguns (Weatherbys, Winchesters, Brownings) I get in models that are plain.

I'd like something probably a little more "classy' than say an M&P or a Glock. More along the lines of Cowboy Action. Either a repeating rifle or single action army style. Maybe an early automatic? Would like for them to be consecutive serials though. So a true early 1911 or so would probably be out.

I'd considered Ruger Vaquero's, but just not too hip on Rugers.

So, I'm curious what other folks would be looking for. Just gathering ideas. I figure would be looking at stuff under $1200-$1500 or so.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt SAA,

Heirloom it will become.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Colt SAA,

Heirloom it will become.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Clairgate.jpg

+1

I have seen some mighty fine engraved Vaqueros as well as some great looking 1911s, but for something sure to become a family heirloom, the SAA can't be beat.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Dremel! Do it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt SAA or S&W model 29
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The Colt SAA 3rd generations are running around $1000+ now depending on condition.   Add to that, the price of engraving and I think that may be a bit much for you, but if you could swing it, it would be the way to go for sure.

Is the $1200 - $1500 the amount he wants to spend for each or both?  

If its for both, maybe something like a couple of Ruger GP100's would work out.   Add some Ivory inserts to the grips and I think they would really look great after they were engraved!
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
SBR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top