Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2004 1:57:30 PM EST
I apologize in advance for my lamenessbut I want to save my bookmarks...I guess to floppy(all I've got,no cd burner)...cause my puter is...uhh...unstable and could concievably take a dump at any moment....This happened to me a couplea months ago on my last computer and I lost all my stuff.

Anyhow ,I have no idea how to do this or if it's at all possible?

I'm running Windows ME...Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:09:46 PM EST
I will tell you only if you promise to get rid of windows ME. Otherwise I am just wasting my breath.

In internet explorer go to file/ import export. Choose export and choose favorites. You can save your bookmarks to wherever you want.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:12:43 PM EST
Err, if you are still using Microsoft Internet Explorer, then do this: go to: My Computer -> C:/ Drive -> Documents and Settings -> Administrator (or whichever user name you have on the machine) -> Favorites. The Favorites file is where the bookmarks are saved, and the icon is a yellow star. You can save this file anywhere, or email it to yourself.

BTW, ditch Win ME ASAP. It is notorious for being horrendously unstable and crashes a lot. Upgrade to XP if you can, or at least Win NT/2000. Also, MS Internet Explorer is kinda weak in the security department, and is easily buggered up with adware, spyware, trojan and stuff. Mozilla Firefox is a much better internet browser.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:21:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:10:45 PM EST
Hey thanks!
Top Top