Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 2:57:30 PM EDT
I apologize in advance for my lamenessbut I want to save my bookmarks...I guess to floppy(all I've got,no cd burner)...cause my puter is...uhh...unstable and could concievably take a dump at any moment....This happened to me a couplea months ago on my last computer and I lost all my stuff.

Anyhow ,I have no idea how to do this or if it's at all possible?

I'm running Windows ME...Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I will tell you only if you promise to get rid of windows ME.  Otherwise I am just wasting my breath.

In internet explorer go to file/ import export.  Choose export and choose favorites.  You can save your bookmarks to wherever you want.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Err, if you are still using Microsoft Internet Explorer, then do this: go to: My Computer -> C:/ Drive ->  Documents and Settings -> Administrator (or whichever user name you have on the machine) -> Favorites.  The Favorites file is where the bookmarks are saved, and the icon is a yellow star.  You can save this file anywhere, or email it to yourself.  

BTW, ditch Win ME ASAP.  It is notorious for being horrendously unstable and crashes a lot.  Upgrade to XP if you can, or at least Win NT/2000.  Also, MS Internet Explorer is kinda weak in the security department, and is easily buggered up with adware, spyware, trojan and stuff.  Mozilla Firefox is a much better internet browser.  

Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top