Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2001 11:07:48 PM EDT
Maybe I live on another planet and I just don't know it yet, but what is a 10/22 and why all the talk about them?

I'm sure I've seen them in shops, but never stopped to actually read the tag to find out what it was. Makes me believe that if they're so available, and in so many gun shops, and I've walked right by them 8 million times, they can't be all that spiffy or I would have checked one out by now.

Anyone care to fill me in about these? What's the big deal? What are they used for? And can I kill something the size of a human with one?[>:/]

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A popular Ruger semi auto .22
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
JUST DON'T PUT A PISTOL GRIP ON ONE OR OUTDOOR WORLD WILL CALL IT AN ASSAULT WEAPON!  [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out www.rimfirecentral.com for a wealth of information regarding this gun which I affectionately call 'cheap pleasure'. An absolute must have for every gun owner. They can also be modified to appear eye catching with accuracy to match.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask imbroglio, no doubt he will give u the vast history of the 10/22 and his ballistic charts of .22 vs. .38.  I think he put a Nightforce scope on it to, for those long distance SHTF shots.  No doubt, he is the board expert.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually I thought a "mouse gun" was a pocket pistol.

I have a Ruger 10/22 from 1982.  It's has more rounds fired through it then I can remember.  It is very reliable and accurate for a little relatively cheap semi-auto .22.

As a result there are quite a bit of aftermarket goodies made for it.  But at it's heart... It's still just a nice little .22 semi auto that won't let you down.

Everyone should have one.

+Strider_

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
OOOOOOOOooohhhhhhhhh!!!
Carbon Fiber!
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/bonyx.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
(A) There are no stupid gun questions, because there are no stupid guns.  Well, the Army's new prototype monster maybe.....

(B) M4, you should win something for being the last person on the board who doesn't own a 10/22
....but whatever you win, you have to give it back if you don't run right out and buy one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone tell me what type of stock is posted by Garden Weasel? My set up is practically identical except for the stock (I got the Hogue OM)and I might want to get that very stock instead. Your replies would be very much appreciated.

-jsr75
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
There are TWO reasons I have one, need/want is NOT a reason as I have NOT shot it in YEARS....

1) Kmart went under back in Jerkwater , Ohio and it was on sale for 30% off, and had a scratch on it so off comes ANOTHER 10%=70 bucks or so...

AND...

2) I thought it was a NRA bylaw/mandatory gun regulation...'Thou shalt own a 10/22 or be called a DemoKommie'

You mean I DONT have to have one....???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top