Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:36:15 PM EDT
My dad has done so much for me in my life.  The thing he seems to appreciate more than anything is good tools.  The last thing got him was a Milwaukee brushless cordless drill and he seemed extremely happy about it.

Anyways he has a magnetic screwdriver he says is the best he has ever had.  Just a simple driver that takes different bits.  He left it on top of a water heater and the handle is all melted and distorted.  He says nothing else will hold bits like it does.  I'd like to get him another one that holds bits like no other.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Snap on makes a racheting one that is solid . I have owned mine for 20 years .
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells MagnaTip.

Or Harbor Freight - just test fit to find the one on the tight side of the off-spec manufacturing 

im usually more worried about the screw holding on than the bit itself. Some designs have built in retention, that's why that groove is on the side of the bits.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brownells MagnaTip.

Or Harbor Freight - just test fit to find the one on the tight side of the off-spec manufacturing 

im usually more worried about the screw holding on than the bit itself. Some designs have built in retention, that's why that groove is on the side of the bits.
View Quote
This!

Brownells has nice tools.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The Snap-On ratcheting soft grip screwdriver is king. Seriously, it's got really fine teeth in the gear and the handle is ergonomic with room for a few bits, the shafts can also be interchanged. Felo (German made) also has a great screwdriver. I have two of them, one with a magazine in the handle for bits the other without. Snap-On one is awesome though. Snap-On screwdriver
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
~$11 Amazon

Great driver with a very strong magnet. I absolutely love it.

Lifetime warranty and made in Germany.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top