Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2002 10:51:32 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/738230/posts[/url]
he Daily News pictured 18 police mug shots of fugitives wanted for murder by Philadelphia police. All were either African-American,
Hispanic or Asian.

The front page is representative of the latest available listing of suspected murder fugitives, which list 41 African-Americans, 12
Hispanics and three Asians.

Although city police arrest suspected murderers of all races every day, they theorize that these suspects mostly live in poor, minority
neighborhoods, where residents are often more distrustful of police officers.

"There are plenty of white people in jail for murder, but those guys are locked up," said Police Sgt. Bill Britt, second-in-command of the
homicide unit's fugitive squad. "But people in the inner-city, in high-crime areas, they don't want to get involved with the police."

Daily News Managing Editor Ellen Foley said there was no intent to frighten or intimidate people of color.

"We apologize if the graphic treatment offended black Philadelphians," Foley said. "We were trying to explore and provide accurate
information about an issue of great concern to our community. We welcome comments and criticism from our readers on any issue,
especially sensitive issues such as this, because it helps us get better as journalists and truth-seekers."
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Post from Glock31 -
Edited to add: oops, its just a rather large, slow loading picture.
View Quote

Sorry, I forgot that the picture might be a tad slow for some modems. I'll edit the post just to show the link to the photo: [url]http://pdn.philly.com/2002/08/22/fugee2.gif[/url]

BTW, don't forget to enlarge the pic with the button.

Eric The(Better?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Eric -

Was that  a "post without posting?"

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It is a blatant attempt to provide context and information.

Eric The(Yeah,Right)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, then, uhhh, Good job, I think. Right.

Yeah.

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol. Not you two again. Do we need to give you your own forum?

Where'd I leave that bucket of ice water?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

So is this how Eric(The high post count)Hun reached the magic 10,000 mark?

Edited to add: oops, its just a rather large, slow loading picture.  I though it was an empty post.  So, proceed [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top