Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:57:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 11:23:56 AM EST by Lckydevl]
Just wondering if I have a virus or not. Nothing wrong with the speed or funtion of my computer but.............

I activated the option to hide my taskbar. Which works correctly. However it seems I have another task bar behind it. In other words a ghost taskbar if you will. It also has an ar15.com forums window permantly shown. I have no control over this ghost taskbar whatsoever. WTF is this?

I have run both Adaware and Spybot with no detection of any problems. Anybody else ever run across this?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:57:48 AM EST
you have been assimilated
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:58:53 AM EST
Sounds interesting. Take a screen shot and post it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:59:19 AM EST

Does that mean I have been targeted? I am pretty paranoid as it is. Please don't feed the voices in my head, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:00:00 AM EST

School me on taking a screen shot and posting it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:14:22 AM EST

Nevermind, I googled it and I am in the process of doing the screenshot now. Google is your friend!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:17:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lckydevl:
Just wondering if I have a virus or not. Nothing wrong with the speed or funtion of my computer but.............

I activated the option to hide my taskbar. Which works correctly. However it seems I have another task bar behind it. In other words a ghost taskbar if you will. It also has an ar15.com forums window permantly shown. I have no control over this ghost taskbar whatsoever. WTF is this?

I have run both Adaware and Spybot with no detection of any problems. Anybody else ever run across this?

Hehehe, I'd say you have a friend who has way too much time on his/her hands. Sounds like someone took a screenshot of your desktop and set it as the background....used to to that in HS alot, move the taskbar to the top of the screen and hide it, move all of the icons off the desktop. Funny as hell when someone would try to use the computer

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:18:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 11:22:29 AM EST by Lckydevl]
Here it is................

Again, I have no control over this ghost taskbar. The time never changes and the start tab does not work.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:25:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By The_Stormrider:

Hehehe, I'd say you have a friend who has way too much time on his/her hands. Sounds like someone took a screenshot of your desktop and set it as the background....used to to that in HS alot, move the taskbar to the top of the screen and hide it, move all of the icons off the desktop. Funny as hell when someone would try to use the computer

-Storm

No one uses this computer but me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:25:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By The_Stormrider:

-Storm

Thats a good one. I am gonna get someone good with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:26:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 11:26:54 AM EST by Zack3g]
Looks to me like the taskbar you see there is actually a part of your background image.. try changing your background and let me know if it goes away.

eta :Looks like a few people beat me to it. all the more reason to check it out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:37:09 AM EST

Bingo.....we have a winner!

It was part of the desktop image. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:38:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 11:41:13 AM EST by rkbar15]
Right click on your taskbar > Toolbars > uncheck address

ETA: Nevermind I thought you were trying to get rid of the adddress in the taskbar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:40:17 AM EST
Do other people have access ot your computer?

Can you do anythign with your desktop icons?

I used to play this trick on people at work where I would take a screnshot of the person's desktop, make it their wallpaper, then move their task bar to the top, hide when not in use, and make it as small as possible, and also hide desktop icons... it's a real hoot and drive people crazy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:48:36 AM EST
Nice red x....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:34:30 PM EST
well... what was it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:01:07 PM EST
im lost

i have no clue what your talkin about
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:05:36 PM EST
nice background.

same as mine!

wganz

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:06:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:14:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
well... what was it?

Pretty sure when I grabbed that particular wallpaper from a thread here a while back, it had the task bar on it as well from a cheesy screen capture.

I just cropped it out when I used it. It's one of my favorite wallpapers.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:25:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 6:26:56 PM EST by CajunMojo]
That's a cool background and all, too bad it has an "infringed" weapon in the pic

I bet the stock doesn't collapse either.
Top Top