Posted: 4/11/2002 4:28:04 PM EDT
This made me sick to read.......

No wonder Minnesota has banned guns...

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This made me sick to read.......

[url]http://www.conservativepetitions.com/petition.html?name=stop_pedophile_book[/url]
View Quote

Err...which part made you sick?  The fact that someone wrote such a book or the fact that there is a group of people trying to ban it?

A book like this from my university doesn't surprise me.  From day one they try to indoctrinate you with some very wrong things.  At freshman orientation they try to single out those who can be viewed as anti-diversity or anti-gay and peer pressure them into going along with the group.  Several hours were devoted to this sort of thing.  We had to go through activities where they'd single you out if you wanted to stand up for what's right.  "If you think that homosexuality is normal stand on that side of the room and if you think there's something wrong with homosexuality stand on the other side."  In a group of about 30 (if I remember right) only me and one girl stood against it.  Can't believe my tuition goes to this kind of crap...and I can't believe the bastards tried to intimidate with peer pressure [rolleyes].
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If the liberals want to write such a book, let them... but as a taxpayer... I would not want some in GA using taxpayer dollars to write such a book. And I am glad you stand as  homosexuallity is wrong... and that you had the courage to do it practically by yourself.

IF our opinions differ from those writing atrocities... then we should not PAY for those atrocities.... People not wanting to pay for such a book or as you call it "Banning"... do not offend me... they are excercising their rights as voters, citizens, and human beings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like SHTF to me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

[shock]

Oh, oh the SHTF & nobody told me!  So far they haven't come by to pick up mine.

Here is the rest of the story on that book:

The University of Minnesota Press unfortunately was given permission many years ago to use the university's name, however they apparently are a semi-private publishing house.  Likewise, they receive about $100,000 annually from us taxpayers as a subsidy.  Granted ANY public subsidy for this trash is too much.  I hope our legislators will see fit to lift the subsidy & take away the rights to use the name, but I won't bet on it.

BTW, that link said that it was down for maintenance, so I can only assume that you are talking about the book that seems to advocate sexual contact between minors & adults.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
That would be correct I am advocating banning such a book...

Sorry about the site being down...

I don't know what is up with that

-Chuck

PS what DOes SHFT stand for?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with some of the post that it should not be banned, but there SHOULD BE NO TAX DOLLARS going to this sewage.

I may get flamed by some of you for this statement, but this is one reason, God Almighty, the Creator will judge this nation.

We are paying for stuff like this every day and we do absolutely nothing about it. It is pitiful. I too am guilty of this in as much as I really don't know what / how to do something about it...going at it alone will put you in the poorhouse or worse...

[b]Where are the strong, moral and Godfearing men in this country?[/b]

Franklin
[url=http://www.survivalforum.com]SurvivalForum[/url]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
where are the people on this board who say that we can't judge others, or that we can't "infringe" the "rights" of pedophiles? I see these folks posting on the homosexual threads; under their logic, how can we treat child-diddlers different? just wondering...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top